What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Chaels unfunny trollIng after a weak performance was ridiculous. Do it before the fight all u want but when u probably should've lost your shot at the title just shut up and say little.

Used to be funny now he's cringe worthy

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Davis looks overwhelmed where as evans looks very comfortable. Rashads frame looks excellent. In great condition

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Andy Raymond tweeted Chael's BS rant was from a movie.

Evans won comfortably. First time in a looong time I have been felt underwhelmed after a UFC night. The Bisping decision is still eating at me. 6/10 rating. Poor night overall. Boxing's politics met UFC tonight. It's happened before though this was blatant IMO as the Sonnen v Silva match up was desired.

shiznit

Coach
That was a BS decision. An absolute joke. I had a feeling that no matter what happened, for Bisping to move on for a title shot, he had to KO Sonnen. The rematch is worth more to the UFC. Bisping gained more from this fight and his title shot will come. Over five rounds, he wins this. Hell, he won that fight in three. Sickening decision and it leaves an all too familiar taste in the mouth that is associated with boxing.
meh im not too fussed with that decision... the first 2 rounds could have gone either way IMO... i went with Bisping... but neither was decisive. the 3rd round was total domination by Sonnen.

it was a tight one... i personally scored it 29-28 to Bisping or even 28-28 draw.. but i can see them scoring it the other way.

it was hardly a robbery like your making out....

Chip Bayless

Juniors
meh im not too fussed with that decision... the first 2 rounds could have gone either way IMO... i went with Bisping... but neither was decisive. the 3rd round was total domination by Sonnen.

it was a tight one... i personally scored it 29-28 to Bisping or even 28-28 draw.. but i can see them scoring it the other way.

it was hardly a robbery like your making out....

Find me a majority calling it the right decision and I will take it all back. It was BS in my opinion. Don't agree? Fine. Each to their own. Agree to disagree etc The UFC wanted Sonnen vs Silva, they got it. Bisping messed up by letting it go to the judges. We move on.

As for Evans vs Jones, I can't see Evans troubling him. Jones will have to avoid over confidence heading in to this. He will smiling ear to ear with the result and I think he will hand out a beating to Evans at UFC 145.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Considering I was really expecting this card to be a cracker it was very disappointing.

Chael fights like that in brazil then silve was destroy him inside a round but thankfully that won't happen. He'll hopefully look like the sonnen who ran through Stann just so the fight is interesting.

Don't think it was a robbery but I thought bisping did more in the first 2 to get the nod. Pretty shallow division to be honest. Silva sonnen and bisping clearly class above the rest.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Considering I was really expecting this card to be a cracker it was very disappointing.

Chael fights like that in brazil then silve was destroy him inside a round but thankfully that won't happen. He'll hopefully look like the sonnen who ran through Stann just so the fight is interesting.

Don't think it was a robbery but I thought bisping did more in the first 2 to get the nod. Pretty shallow division to be honest. Silva sonnen and bisping clearly class above the rest.

I've not stated it was a "robbery". It was however farcical by the judges. I will leave it there.

Any of you guys play consoles? Try out the new UFC Undisputed 3 game. BRILLIANT! Graphics are superb. I don't get time for games all too much these days though I was totally immersed in to the demo I played this afternoon.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Wasn't directed at you chip as as I'm of the opinion bisping should've gotten the nod. The 30-27 was definitly farcical.

Got it on pre order and can't wait. Shitty net connection means I don't play online so can't play the demo. Spewing.

shiznit

Coach
Find me a majority calling it the right decision and I will take it all back. It was BS in my opinion. Don't agree? Fine. Each to their own. Agree to disagree etc The UFC wanted Sonnen vs Silva, they got it. Bisping messed up by letting it go to the judges. We move on.

As for Evans vs Jones, I can't see Evans troubling him. Jones will have to avoid over confidence heading in to this. He will smiling ear to ear with the result and I think he will hand out a beating to Evans at UFC 145.

:lol:

dude... this fight was always going through to the judges... Bisping was never going to finish Sonnen... :lol:

i actually agree with you mate... i had Bisping winning... but i dont think it was daylight robbery like your making out...

if you follow MMA you know that these kind of things happen in MMA judging... especially when you have a wrestler involved...

some judges seem to place a high emphasis on nailing things like power double legs...

where other judges seem to place more emphasis on the amount of control and damage the fighter does when there in a dominant position...

Bispings style just makes him vulnerable to these types of decisions.

shiznit

Coach
my bad dude... i can see now your not actually making out its a roberry... yeah it was a dicey decision.

MMA judging is ordinary.

shiznit

Coach
interesting watching the post fight press conference Chael admitted that he though Bisping had won the first 2 rounds.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Daylight robbery wasn't this decision. It was however a farcical decision and as a fight fan I have a right to be pissed Shiznit. I am none too concerned if "these kind of things happen" mate. I know that. This fight was a pivotal one in the career (and life) of Bisping and he should be going on to face Silva. This is why I am/was so worked up over the decision. I can cop it in a random fight, it happens, though we were talking about the winner moving on for a shot at the title and I can't dismiss it as "being part of the fight game" right or wrong.

Again, we move on. Done with the topic. The event was underwhelming which perhaps didn't help my mood or reaction to the result ;-)

Chip Bayless

Juniors
my bad dude... i can see now your not actually making out its a roberry... yeah it was a dicey decision.

MMA judging is ordinary.

Yeah, cheers mate.

I saw the Sonnen press conference too. I take heart in the fact I believe Bisping will fight the winner of the title fight (unless something goes pear shaped).

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Wasn't directed at you chip as as I'm of the opinion bisping should've gotten the nod. The 30-27 was definitly farcical.

Got it on pre order and can't wait. Shitty net connection means I don't play online so can't play the demo. Spewing.

Probably a good thing Jack_Napier - the demo leaves you wanting more and you can't do a thing about until mid February ;-)

shiznit

Coach
Daylight robbery wasn't this decision. It was however a farcical decision and as a fight fan I have a right to be pissed Shiznit. I am none too concerned if "these kind of things happen" mate. I know that. This fight was a pivotal one in the career (and life) of Bisping and he should be going on to face Silva. This is why I am/was so worked up over the decision. I can cop it in a random fight, it happens, though we were talking about the winner moving on for a shot at the title and I can't dismiss it as "being part of the fight game" right or wrong.

Again, we move on. Done with the topic. The event was underwhelming which perhaps didn't help my mood or reaction to the result ;-)
Bisping will get his chance... he loses nothing in this fight... if anything hes actually gained a lot of respect with this performance.

IMO this is better for Bisping... i dont think he was really ready for fighting Anderson in Brazil in a couple of months... im thinking give him one more fight against a Munoz or Weidman on the Brazil undercard and if he gets past them... a fight for the title against Anderson in England...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I thought the look on chael's face before the decision was read out showed that he thought he may have lost that one. Ah well bisping will get his chance and should sonnen do the unthinkable and take silva's belt, I think he has a better chance of beating Chael than silva.

Yeah I remember playing the demo to 2010 religiously just waiting for the actual game release.

Last edited:

Chip Bayless

Juniors
You have to love Bisping's attitude in that press conference. Humble. Respectful. Determined to continue the fight for a title shot. Bisping is one of my favourites, just want him to be a success. Credit to Chael Sonnen too, nice shout out to Bisping stating he could beat Silva for the title today (might be a stretch, Silva would have to be off his game).

UFC 143 will be a beauty. The Main Event in particular will be brutal in Diaz vs Condit. Looking forward to Big Country appearing again in the Octagon. Koscheck vs Pierce has potential.

As underwhelmed as I was today, the thing the UFC does that boxing doesn't (well for me these days) is it leaves you wanting more.

shiznit

Coach
ohhhh shit... Chael's at it again trolling Brazillians... calling them "Blow-hards with Blow-darts!!"

Jack_Napier

Staff member
See unrehearsed shit is so much better. Zuffa should make him face brazillians for the rest of his career ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts