What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
30 - 27 is bad and i thought Bisping did enough to win rounds 1 and 2 it was very close if he did. I can totally see how Sonnen may have been given one of those rounds but not both. Sonnen won the third so I am ok with him getting the win. As far as bad decisions go that was bad but not as bad as some ive seen before. Hopefully this fight gets Bisping some more respect! I read he was a 5 - 1 underdog which was crazy. I hope Bisping is next in line after Sonnen for a title shot - he is seriously underrated by the UFC fans.

Bring on Anderson vs Sonnen 2!!!!!!!!

shiznit

Coach
TBH... i would like to see Bisping fight Dan Henderson at MW.

I think Bisping could avenge his biggest defeat... and Hendo at the moment would be a massive scalp for Bisping.

dogslife

Coach
Thought Bisping was robbed today. I gave him rounds 1 and 2, his striking was a lot crisper than Sonnen's, who really only scored with takedowns I reckon, didn't do any damage on the ground in the first 2 rounds. Whichever judge scored it 30-27 needs to give themselves an uppercut

Chip Bayless

Juniors
TBH... i would like to see Bisping fight Dan Henderson at MW.

I think Bisping could avenge his biggest defeat... and Hendo at the moment would be a massive scalp for Bisping.

Agreed and what a rematch it would be. Bisping will grow in stature from this loss and with it his confidence will be sky high. I'd like to see this fight again.

Snoochies

First Grade
I thougt Bisping won but for Chael to ask Rogan how it felt to stand so close to greatness :lol:

I was rooting for Chael the first time against Anderson but I hope Anderson literally destroys Chael. He's not in his league IMO.

Also whilst watching the Fox event, did anyone notice how low Vitor was on the rankings, think he was ranked 7 or 8 from memory. Does anyone agree with this. I'm a huge Vitor fan so maybe I am biased but I thought he would have taken out these 2 guys tonight quite comfortably.

shiznit

Coach
I thougt Bisping won but for Chael to ask Rogan how it felt to stand so close to greatness :lol:

I was rooting for Chael the first time against Anderson but I hope Anderson literally destroys Chael. He's not in his league IMO.

Also whilst watching the Fox event, did anyone notice how low Vitor was on the rankings, think he was ranked 7 or 8 from memory. Does anyone agree with this. I'm a huge Vitor fan so maybe I am biased but I thought he would have taken out these 2 guys tonight quite comfortably.

yeah i wouldn't worry too much about those rankings.... IMO the way it really works is theres Anderson... and then a group of guys under him... Chael, Bisping, Vitor, Munoz, Stann and now Weidman etc... and these number 1 contender fights are really down to timing.

its pretty difficult for the UFC to put Vitor straight back in to fight Anderson after the way he was destroyed in there first fight... he's building himself back up again really well after demolishing Akiyama and rumble johnson...

id say after he destroys Wanderlei on TUF Brazil... maybe he could have a number 1 contender fight on the Sao Paolo Chael V Anderson undercard against maybe Bisping or Munoz.

When is Munoz back? Do you guys think Munoz would have taken Chael? Or was it more how good Bisping was? I gained a lot of respect for Bisping in the octagon, still think hes a f**kwit tho :p

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Munoz would've been a very bad match up for Sonnen, Sonnen smothers guys and wins that way, Munoz's wrestling is top notch (beat Sonnen in college) so Sonnen's main weapon is somewhat nullified, Munoz also has heavy, heavy hands and is more than capable of the knockout

Ram Man

Juniors
I love Bisping...doesnt care what people think of him...he is there to fight and he can handle himself very well in the Octagon...I thought he did enough yesterday but like Shiz said...alot of judges place so much emphasis on takedowns...which is why Sonnen got the nod....hopefully after the title fight, Bisping can face Munoz and get a title shot....not that I think he will win, I think he deserves it after that performance.

I think Vitor is still a bit away from another title shot...he needs to put a run together...tbh, he is probably most likely other than Chael to take the title off Silva. If he can string together a 3 or 4 fight win streak...Dana cannot deny him.

shiznit

Coach
UFC143%20Social%20Media%20and%20Website%20Image.jpg

Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit this weekend bitches...

SICK AS f**k!!

im picking Condit... but who the f**k REALLY knows...

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
love both guys style and am just looking forward to a sick fight. see this one as a super charged version of the nate vs cowboy match up(minus the actual outcome of course)

reckon GSP wants nick to get up in this one so he cant beat down nick.

looking forward to the werdum/nelson scrap as well. werdum is clearly a beast on the ground and we know roy aint no slouch so i'm keen to see it hit the ground actually. good to have werdum back and if he gets past roy give him Mir and hope it hits the mat in that one as well ha ha

Collateral

Coach
I hope Diaz wins. I wanna see someone beat gsp...I like geroges but I think I would like to see someone take him off his perch a bit more.

Diaz by TKO
Big Country by UD
Koscheck by TKO

dogslife

Coach
I hope Condit jams his fist down Diaz' throat, can't see it happening though, Diaz by submission I reckon. I sincerely hope Werdum doesn't put on a repeat of his last fight, boring as batshit

Special K

Coach
Diaz on points I think... I really like Condit though but I just think Diaz will get the W

The prime times on this fight have been pretty cool. A cool insight into Diaz and his "madness". Also it showed how angry GSP still is with Diaz

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Werdum too good. Nelson was up against it coming in to this. Definitely a second tier heavyweight though I cheer for the guy.

I really like Condit, I believe he is right in this and I'd be happy for him to win. If Diaz comes through, he is going to wait for GSP which will be one hell of a grudge fight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts