What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Main Event is sub par at the moment. Starting to pick up. A good round for Condit in the third. Trailing though overall. Very close, Condit may be ahead on some cards. I have Diaz 29-28.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Condit won't win a close fight here. Diaz looks off his game - fair call? Can't cut off Condit. This is all even heading in to the fifth round. Hoping we get the WAR we expected in finale.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Wow. Condit wins. Deserved it. Came home stronger once he settled, Diaz was off his game and looked confused. Really happy for Condit. I didn't see him getting it if close but he has. Great victory.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Condit definitly won IMO. Stuck to the game plan and fought for points clearly.

Massive dummy spit from nick hey. Disappointing to be honest as I love his style.

andrew057

First Grade
Diaz complaining was expected. He didn't force the fight. Condit had a game plan and executed it to perfection.

Huh? Diaz forced the fight all night, but Condit was just too slick and elusive for him.

Was looking forward to Diaz-GSP, oh well.

Jono078

Referee
I thought Diaz was robbed.

Diaz had all the control and only real strikes Condit got was leg kicks. Since when do you win fights by running like a bitch?

Especially two of the judges I think gave it 49-46 to Diaz, Diaz had the first round for sure IMO, and the second and 5th I thought.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Condit actually out struck Diaz by 40 odd strikes and landed at 47% success rate. Nick may have pushed the action but condit landed more. Landed plenty to the body on te way out an landed much more effective leg strikes.

andrew057

First Grade
Condit actually out struck Diaz by 40 odd strikes and landed at 47% success rate. Nick may have pushed the action but condit landed more. Landed plenty to the body on te way out an landed much more effective leg strikes.

Yep no robbery here.

Ram Man

Juniors
I didn't see the fight but it sounds like Diaz is doing the old trick of losing then taking his bat and ball and going home...just saw the post fight interview with Joe rogan...can't really tell how serious he is but I think it's just the disappointment of losing

Special K

Coach
I had Diaz is in the 1st, probably 2nd and 5th. Condit the 3rd and 4th., I saw dan Henderson had it the same also. I think it was closer than Bisping/Sonnen tbh because I really can see how condit could have been given the 1st and 2nd. f**ken close fight...

As if there won't be a rematch if GSP is really out until November.

Also I do not think Diaz will retire just yet though he was close to going to boxing last year. I think the toll of the media this week has really got to him and he wants to be out of it but he will be back he is to good to walk away.

Last edited:

Collateral

Coach
I had Diaz taking the 1st, 2nd and 5th rounds. Condit didnt really get any advantage until the third round and then lost the 5th from the takedown and giving up his back/having to defend subs for about 1min 30secs.

The bigger robbery IMO was the Koscheck fight...Pierce basically GSP'd Kos all fight and only lost the takedowns 2 to 1...When Kos took him down he did nothing and only kept him there briefly.

The Bruce Leeroy probably won his fight too and the 2 point deduction was a bit much.

Terrible decisions IMO. They really needed to make the judging more clear cut with how to score a fight. Takedowns that do SFA are getting more reward than 10 stiff jabs.

shiznit

Coach
:lol:

gee whizz... i cant believe some of the people here... Condit won it EASILY.

I gave Nick maybe the first and last round... and that was it.

Carlos Condit landed more strikes... and he landed the harder strikes.

Nick just got outdone by a smarter fighter with more weapons.

and im a fan of nick diaz...

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
I thought Diaz was robbed.

Diaz had all the control and only real strikes Condit got was leg kicks. Since when do you win fights by running like a bitch?

Especially two of the judges I think gave it 49-46 to Diaz, Diaz had the first round for sure IMO, and the second and 5th I thought.
lets be clear about one thing here... yes Carlos Condit used a lot of leg kicks... but stop talking out of your arse...

you make it sound as if Condit was being a bitch running away from him all night...

Condit aint no bitch... remember that the majority of the significant strikes... the headkicks, the bodykicks, the heavy punches... were landed by Condit.

Did Diaz land any heavy punches?? i can count maybe 4 or 5??

shiznit

Coach
Leg kicks didn't count for much in Machida/Shogun I.

:lol:

NFI... :roll:

nick diaz is the last one who should be complaining about condit's plan to batter him with leg kicks.

the dude throws pitter-patter baby punches all day to wear his opponents down... he's just mad that someone actually had the cardio to match him and give him some draining punishment back.

Nick is just pissed that Carlos didn't fall into his plan of pressing against the cage and swallow his pitter-patter punches.

which is interesting because Nick Diaz is being criticized heavily by BJ. mostly for talking about throwing down in the pre-fight and then come the actual fight he spent the first half of the fight leaning on him against the fence, wearing him down in the clinch and then using his superior cardio at the end of the fight to beat him.

Penn was wrong for complaining about it... because it was brilliant by Diaz...

The same way that Diaz has no reason to complain about Condit's tactics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts