What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Is condit meant to stay with his back to the cage to make it easier for nick to tee off, how dare he get in and out with his strikes. Nick had no plan to cut off Carlos and just tried walking him down which was stupid considering the way Carlos was using technique to set up everything.

A fight as big as that for both guys and it seems condit used his head better than Diaz. I actually thought nick was hesitating slightly once condit got the let kicks working. Footwork and technique won it for condit.

Special K

Coach
:lol:

gee whizz... i cant believe some of the people here... Condit won it EASILY.

I gave Nick maybe the first and last round... and that was it.

Carlos Condit landed more strikes... and he landed the harder strikes.

Nick just got outdone by a smarter fighter with more weapons.

and im a fan of nick diaz...

You've given Diaz 2 rounds and Condit 3. The 2nd could have gone either way IMO, it was fairly close. Hardly winning easiy..

I really like Condit and Diaz but IMO it was close and Condit did fight a great fight. I've got no issues with him winning I just gave the 2nd to Diaz. Maybe ill change my mind on the replay.

aqua_duck

Coach
Diaz is a sook, always has been, always will be. For me Condit came in and fought a smarter fight, followed the Greg Jackson gameplan to a tee. Diaz was too busy showboating, waving his hands around, whereas Condit was always active with his strikes, utilising leg kicks and jabs, his ability to circle away from the cage was also impressive. I mean it was a close fight and it could have gone either way. Also people criticizing Condit for 'running', the guy hardly ran, he circled and refused to be pressed against the cage, gees how dare he not fight on Diaz's terms, Condit threw more strikes, he just did it on his terms, if Diaz was 'the most complete fighter in the world' he would've been able to counter that better

I don't like Greg Jackson, but his gameplans are epic. Diaz is easily the more talented fighter, but Condits gameplan was awesome and won himthe fight, credit to condit for sticking to it.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I had 3-2 rounds to Condit, after watching the replay this morning before the SB, Diaz got one round at most. Great win Condit.

Jono078

Referee

NFI... :roll:

nick diaz is the last one who should be complaining about condit's plan to batter him with leg kicks.

the dude throws pitter-patter baby punches all day to wear his opponents down... he's just mad that someone actually had the cardio to match him and give him some draining punishment back.

Nick is just pissed that Carlos didn't fall into his plan of pressing against the cage and swallow his pitter-patter punches.

which is interesting because Nick Diaz is being criticized heavily by BJ. mostly for talking about throwing down in the pre-fight and then come the actual fight he spent the first half of the fight leaning on him against the fence, wearing him down in the clinch and then using his superior cardio at the end of the fight to beat him.

Penn was wrong for complaining about it... because it was brilliant by Diaz...

The same way that Diaz has no reason to complain about Condit's tactics...
Don't tell me I have NFI, who do you think you are?

Firstly. I don't give two f**ks what Diaz was thinking. I'm talking about the result at hand.

I had Diaz winning 1, 2 and 5.

I like Condit, but yes he ran like a bitch alright.

Diaz suggested leg kicks won Condit the fight, and there may be some truth to that. In strikes to the head and body, Diaz landed 111 to Condit's 91. In strikes to the legs, it was Condit 68, Diaz 6.

Condit won on leg kicks, don't even try and tell me other wise.

Diaz had ring control, that usually counts for a lot but obviously didn't for this one.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Why aren't you going at it from the point of view that nick should've cut condit off better and actually enforce a game plan. This is professional MMA and an interim title fight. Why the hell should Carlos condit not circle off the cage, reset and continue to throw and land more strikes than nick.

Nick was ridiculously one dimensional until the last round when he took carlos down. Condit landed 40 more strikes, defended 2 out of 3 TD attempts and rarely took damage. Where was the crazy pace and desperation on nick in the latter rounds. Condit fought smart, landed plenty and avoided damage yet people actually think because Diaz walked forward he should get the nod.

Collateral

Coach
Why aren't you going at it from the point of view that nick should've cut condit off better and actually enforce a game plan.

I was getting so annoyed by this from Diaz. Yes Condit ran as far as he possibly could but only because Diaz let him...instead of chasing him we he moved away he simply walked after him, giving Condit plenty of time to reset and recover.

Diaz is the better fighter. I think he probably wins that fight 9 out of 10 times.

As for people saying Condit won easily, get a grip. Diaz won the first and 5th rounds without a doubt.

Condit won 3 and 4 without a doubt.

2nd round could of gone either way.

Jono078

Referee
Why aren't you going at it from the point of view that nick should've cut condit off better and actually enforce a game plan. This is professional MMA and an interim title fight. Why the hell should Carlos condit not circle off the cage, reset and continue to throw and land more strikes than nick.

Nick was ridiculously one dimensional until the last round when he took carlos down. Condit landed 40 more strikes, defended 2 out of 3 TD attempts and rarely took damage. Where was the crazy pace and desperation on nick in the latter rounds. Condit fought smart, landed plenty and avoided damage yet people actually think because Diaz walked forward he should get the nod.
Of course Diaz should have done more for himself to try and get the win.

But everyone seems to be missing the fact that you don't win fights by avoiding and backing away from a fighter the majority of the match. It's very clear in the rule books that judges take into account "ring/octagon control" If Diaz didn't have that the first 2 rounds at least I don't know what octagon control is. Also as I said previously this is very inconsistent when comparing it to Machida Vs Shogun I.

Anyway it's a bit of a moot point now and clearly this has divided many peoples opinions (not just in here).

My final view is Diaz had octagon control and was the aggressor. Condit kept running and landed lots of leg kicks.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah I'm not to fussed to be honest as I dig both guys. Actually think nick would give GSP more trouble than Carlos. That's my only sour note from it all. No grudge match for GSP to cut loose and nick to make it a crazy lead up.

Was really waiting for nick to try to overwhelm Carlos like he did penn but it just didn't happen. Maybe the leg kicks did their job. Any chance of a rematch? GSP is still about 10 months from competing. That or Dana has mentioned a possible diaz/koscheck should nick not retire, which hope he doesn't.

Jono078

Referee
That's what I was thinking, have them re-match. But Dana thinks Condit won so there will be less push for a re-match.

Condit will be a whole different beast when he fights GSP, they had this gameplan for Diaz and lucky for them it worked. But he'll go back to his killing ways against GSP I think, at least he'll try to.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah it's just how effective he will be against GSP. Plus Jackson and Winkeljohn are gOing to be factors in the unification bout. 2 would know both fighter better than most.

WYD

Juniors
Diaz was robbed, you morons must have been listening too closely to Rogan run his mouth. I only gave Condit round 4. Diaz landed the cleaner and bigger shots, controlled the fight and very few of those leg kicks from Condit are of any significance.

shiznit

Coach
Don't tell me I have NFI, who do you think you are?

Firstly. I don't give two f**ks what Diaz was thinking. I'm talking about the result at hand.

I had Diaz winning 1, 2 and 5.

I like Condit, but yes he ran like a bitch alright.

Condit won on leg kicks, don't even try and tell me other wise.

Diaz had ring control, that usually counts for a lot but obviously didn't for this one.

when you talk bollocks ill call you out on it princess..

shiznit

Coach
Diaz suggested leg kicks won Condit the fight, and there may be some truth to that. In strikes to the head and body, Diaz landed 111 to Condit's 91. In strikes to the legs, it was Condit 68, Diaz 6..

funny how you pull that fightmetric stat out but fail to elaborate it completely...

also funny you failed to mention that Condit landed 151 significant strikes to Diaz 105...

go here and get the full fightmetric boxscore... http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html

i think you'll notice that fightmetric had Condit winning also...

notice the amount of power shots Condit landed compared to Diaz... including power leg kicks...

now we can see that amount of pitter-patter punches Diaz throws... they bring big numbers... but have no power...

Condit's head kicks were by far the biggest shots in the fight... and then after that it was Condit's spinning back fists.

Diaz landed barely anything of consequence in the whole fight...

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Diaz was robbed, you morons must have been listening too closely to Rogan run his mouth. I only gave Condit round 4. Diaz landed the cleaner and bigger shots, controlled the fight and very few of those leg kicks from Condit are of any significance.
er.... you may want to stick to the fake stuff...

dude comes rocking an avatar with a fake fighter on it... calling us morons... :lol:

Jono078

Referee
Lol.. Ok clearly you're mr know it all, no use talking with you :lol:

You mean the spinning back fists that never landed, good one.

That head kick was the only thing he got. And once again if you know so much, you're yet to admit Diaz had Octagon control and dictated where the fight was going.

shiznit

Coach
Lol.. Ok clearly you're mr know it all, no use talking with you :lol:

You mean the spinning back fists that never landed, good one.

That head kick was the only thing he got. And once again if you know so much, you're yet to admit Diaz had Octagon control and dictated where the fight was going.

go and have a look at the official stats princess... http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html

have a look at significant shots... have a look at the power shots...

chasing someone and throwing pitter-patter punches isn't octagon control

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.