What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYD

Juniors
I should have been clearer in regards to RINGS. Starting off doing works than switched to MMA and had guys like Fedor, Nog, Henderson come through. PRIDE then exploded and took over whilst RINGS went under. Founded by Akira Maeda who was a massive draw in New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Yes, he is only forming an opinion.

so now were saying that the guys who do the stats in the NRL are now just giving opinions??

how about vote counters in election time?? are they giving there opinion also??

GET THE f**k OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHIT MAAAAN!! :lol:

he's collecting data you genius :roll:

You swallow bullshit too easily.

WOW... are you truly THAT stupid... :shock:

i swallow bullshit too easily??

yet you follow pro wrestling... which is all bullshit... :lol:

WYD

Juniors
so now were saying that the guys who do the stats in the NRL are now just giving opinions??

how about vote counters in election time?? are they giving there opinion also??

GET THE f**k OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHIT MAAAAN!! :lol:

he's collecting data you genius :roll:
He's not just collecting data because the variables within his analysis are too great. The method requires too much opinion to give the credibility that you would like. This is a highly opinionated statistical model and anyone who has any knowledge will agree with such.

Even if they had a way of scientifically analyzing this data, which they don't because it's far too opinion based, a sample size of 7,500 is minuscule. That is not a true reflection of anything and in no way gives any significant credence to the analysis. I can chart a selection of 7,500 poker hands were I run far above me EV or far below it. Actually, I can do the same for 100,000 hands as well.

The NRL can't even accurately measure gained meters. Vote counters can't even tally the votes correctly. Are you trying to prove my point?

Yet this individual can determine which strikes are significant and the power behind them. How does one accurately measure those stats with scientific infallibility?

WOW... are you truly THAT stupid... :shock:

i swallow bullshit too easily??

yet you follow pro wrestling... which is all bullshit... :lol:
I guess you hate all things that are fiction.

That would include the best of film and literature.

Your loss.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Masakatsu Funaki and Minoru Suzuki, who were trained in the New Japan Pro Wrestling Dojo, founded Pancrase in 1993.

Fighting Network RINGS was huge in Japan at one stage. Although it was a work, it was a martial arts work as opposed to a puroresu work so one can argue that helped grow a market for MMA.

There is a long history of Japanese wrestlers with martial arts training and worked and legitimate shoots. The International Shootfighting Association which Ken Shamrock came through, although they did works.

It's not the most illogical thing in the world to be a wrestling and MMA fan.

Nice, guess I wasn't really clutching bring up sakuraba. Cool run down and I knew pancrase had something to do with pro wrestling but that's about it.

shiznit

Coach
He's not just collecting data because the variables within his analysis are too great. The method requires too much opinion to give the credibility that you would like. This is a highly opinionated statistical model and anyone who has any knowledge will agree with such.

Even if they had a way of scientifically analyzing this data, which they don't because it's far too opinion based, a sample size of 7,500 is minuscule. That is not a true reflection of anything and in no way gives any significant credence to the analysis. I can chart a selection of 7,500 poker hands were I run far above me EV or far below it. Actually, I can do the same for 100,000 hands as well.

The NRL can't even accurately measure gained meters. Vote counters can't even tally the votes correctly. Are you trying to prove my point?

Yet this individual can determine which strikes are significant and the power behind them. How does one accurately measure those stats with scientific infallibility?

:lol:

way to miss the point again genius...

who the f**k is talking about scientific infallibility?? no one on earth can say that.

what im pointing out is that there is a MASSIVE difference in the opinion of a fan who watches the fight once at normal speed... and a system which uses all sorts of technology which counts and work's out the effectiveness of strikes for each fighter...

are you seriously saying that your opinion should be given the same credence as the fightmetric statistics??

I guess you hate all things that are fiction.

That would include the best of film and literature.

Your loss.

not at all... im just pointing out to you that its a bit hypocritical of you to say that im swallowing bullshit when you openly follow pro wrestling...

WYD

Juniors
:lol:

way to miss the point again genius...

who the f**k is talking about scientific infallibility?? no one on earth can say that.

what im pointing out is that there is a MASSIVE difference in the opinion of a fan who watches the fight once at normal speed... and a system which uses all sorts of technology which counts and work's out the effectiveness of strikes for each fighter...

are you seriously saying that your opinion should be given the same credence as the fightmetric statistics??
There's no system, there's a dude who watches the fight in slow motion.

In this instance more so because Diaz won easily.

not at all... im just pointing out to you that its a bit hypocritical of you to say that im swallowing bullshit when you openly follow pro wrestling...
I don't think pro wrestling is real, that's the difference.

You BELIEVE that nonsense.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Pro Wrestling is entertaining trash. I dont think anyone believes its real. Its like watching some other trashy TV. WYD is not swallowing bullshit because he enjoys it. Its no worse than watching trashy reality TV.

shiznit

Coach
There's no system, there's a dude who watches the fight in slow motion.

In this instance more so because Diaz won easily.

you didnt answer the question...

are you saying that your opinion should be given the same credence as the fightmetric statistics??

shiznit

Coach
on to a different topic...(but i still want your answer WYD)

you gotta love Dana White... the guy uses his twitter to insult haters most of the time... but every now and than Dana produces some gems.

because of the way the fight went theres been plenty of talk of a rematch between Diaz and Condit... Condit's manager Malki Kawa has made it very clear that they are not keen on a rematch.

however, the rumor doing the rounds today was that Carlos Condit had agreed to do a rematch with Nick Diaz...

Malki Kawa played it down with with this...

@malkikawa
malki kawa
Rumors about carlos and nick are not true. We haven't been offered any fight nor accepted anything.
2 hours ago via

and then...

@malkikawa
malki kawa
Well, the powers to be just called. @CarlosCondit and myself will be in vegas and hope to have an announcement on fri... :)
1 hour ago via

and he must have pissed off Dana White who tweeted...

@danawhite
Dana White
@justScrap85 @carloscondit @malkikawa the rumor is true. Carlos did accept the fight today and Carlos is coming on Friday not thur.
53 minutes ago via

and just to make sure everyone knows who's in charge...

@danawhite
Dana White
@justScrap85 @carloscondit @ufc @malkikawa people should stay off twitter when they are not informed.
55 minutes ago via

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Hang on, is this legit? Re-match is happening?

I'd be super surprised if it was.

Yes fans were divided but it's not a fight I think people would look forward to now, although maybe we'll get better performance out of both of them in a re-match.

Jono078

Referee
f**k just read, that's awesome!

I'll be going for Diaz this time, as I feel he got robbed, I think that has been evident in this thread :p

shiznit

Coach
if GSP is on the shelf until the end of the year i would much rather see a rematch between these two than see Condit sit on the sidelines for 9 months...

and to be honest... with Hendricks knocking out John Fitch there really isn't a definitive guy to come in and fight Condit for the interim title...

everyone wins with Condit V Diaz II... now hopefully Nick works on cutting off the cage more effectively.... and being more multi-dimensional with the way he fights if things aren't going his way... pull guard... do something...

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
This leaves Koscheck in a bit of a hole again. Although he could fight Hendricks or talk is he'll fight the winner of Akiyama and Shields.

But agreed I think this is the best result for the welterweight division.

shiznit

Coach
This leaves Koscheck in a bit of a hole again. Although he could fight Hendricks or talk is he'll fight the winner of Akiyama and Shields.

But agreed I think this is the best result for the welterweight division.
lol... Kos can stay in his hole...

a win against a well past it Matt Hughes and a dodgy as hell win against Mike Pierce is hardly enough to overcome the total butt whipping he got by GSP.

your spot on with what Kos needs to do... he needs to beat a Hendricks or an Elenberger to get himself into a interim title shot.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Kos shouldn't get near a shot again.

If condit and Diaz rematch and nick doesn't take it straight to the ground then he's dumb. I reckon he'd finish condit no prkbs on the ground. Had about minute minute and half last time and put. Ondit straight in trouble. Surely a different condit this time round as well should it happen.

shiznit

Coach
Kos shouldn't get near a shot again.

If condit and Diaz rematch and nick doesn't take it straight to the ground then he's dumb. I reckon he'd finish condit no prkbs on the ground. Had about minute minute and half last time and put. Ondit straight in trouble. Surely a different condit this time round as well should it happen.

yeah... you can look at that a couple of ways... Nick got Condit's back in the stand up... and took it straight to the ground from there... none of nicks actual attempted takedowns were successful.

and when Condit went down into the worst possible position Condit managed to survive... At least Condit now knows that he can defend the submission even in the worst positions.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
He managed to survive but nick Is active as f**k on the ground so I reckon if he gets hIm down early in a round them he'd get something. All talk at his stage ha, let's hope there an official announcement. Intriguing match up having just seen what happened in the first.

Anyone read the transcript of nicks corner during the fight? One thing for sure is Nate shouldn't corner his brother. Terrible advice throughout. Shields or Gilbert should lead the corner next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts