What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I'm not 100% sure about any bans placed on nick being restricted to just Vegas as ultimately the decision on the punishment rests with commissioner Kizer. Could be anything from fines, ban or restrictions placed on his licence to fight.

Now hearing that restrictions can be placed on his licence and each state having its own commission, does that mean like you have stated that this is only a NSAC issue? You'd have to imagine that each state athletic commission will probably enforce any ban placed on him by Kizer.

Have to wait til April it seems to find out

dogslife

Coach
The UFC would be out of their minds to have a guy on their roster who can't compete in Vegas. They cut Chael Sonnen while he was suspended didn't they, or was that a culmination of the money laundering thing aswell?

Collateral

Coach
Diaz has spoken openly about his weed useage and what he does to rid it from his system before the tests. Obviously he didnt try hard enough this time...Luckily he didnt win the title!

Im not upset, its Nick Diaz and he has let the UFC know on no uncertain terms that he isnt interested in playing the whole game outside the cage. Its not a performance enhancer but we dont want to be easy on him and encourage others to follow suit.

I'd deduct like 50% of his pay from the last fight and leave it at that.

Jono078

Referee
I hate when Sanchez loses :( I think he is my favorite fighter for sure.

I hope he goes back to lightweight there's some epic battle for him there if he applies himself.

Today he was versing a much bigger dude with a better striking pedigree so it was always gonna be tough.

jc155776

Coach
Needs to go lightweight, looked to be carrying a few kilos but still fit as hell.

5 rounds would have been epic.

Loved seeing Brookins get a W as well, one chilled out cool dude.

Ram Man

Juniors
Just got word last night that John hopoate entered into the Abu dhabi pro jiu jitsu trials held over the weekend. He entered the white belt division and was disqualified within a few minutes...I am guessing he was having a crack at it because he thinks he may get a few MMA fights under his belt...for $10k I will fight him!

Collateral

Coach
f**k Hopoate...probably thought he woud dominate and cracked the shits when he was getting manhandled.

Im going to Kampman V Alves. Cannot wait! First Live UFC event for me.

Ram Man

Juniors
Apparently hoppas opponent pulled guard and was going for a triangle so hoppa in all his wisdom slammed him from the guard which is very illegal in BJJ competitions!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Apparently hoppas opponent pulled guard and was going for a triangle so hoppa in all his wisdom slammed him from the guard which is very illegal in BJJ competitions!

What a clown! Just on that type of stuff, were you out at Sutherland on Saturday for the WPJJ trials ram?

shiznit

Coach
UFC%20144.jpg

Preliminary card (Facebook)
Featherweight bout: Zhang Tiequan vs. Issei Tamura

Preliminary card (FX)
Bantamweight bout: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso
Middleweight bout: Riki f**kuda vs. Steve Cantwell
Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Vaughan Lee
Lightweight bout: Takanori Gomi vs. Eiji Mitsuoka

Main card (Pay Per View)
Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon
Featherweight bout: Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
Welterweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
Heavyweight bout: Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs. Ben Henderson

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Absolutely, any card with Edgar on it I have to get!

Been waiting for this one more than any lately.

Ram Man

Juniors
What a clown! Just on that type of stuff, were you out at Sutherland on Saturday for the WPJJ trials ram?
No I didn't make it out Jack...had plenty of people from my gym competing but my footy season is around the corner so I ain't risking an injury to compete and I only just got my blue belt late last year so the guys I would compete against are much higher in skill level...just a quick one too mate did you get your copy of UFC undisputed 3 yet?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
No I didn't make it out Jack...had plenty of people from my gym competing but my footy season is around the corner so I ain't risking an injury to compete and I only just got my blue belt late last year so the guys I would compete against are much higher in skill level...just a quick one too mate did you get your copy of UFC undisputed 3 yet?

Yeah bunch of guys from our academy were competing. Haven't been to training to find out how they went yet. Got mine delivered this afternoon. Playing it as we speak ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts