What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYD

Juniors
It's interesting that everyone in here gave Diaz the first and last round, most the second as well. Yet the Judges only gave the third to Diaz.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/5...judges-score-cards-carlos-condit-vs-nick-diaz

• Judge Cecil Peoples had it: 10-9, 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 10-9 for Condit.
  • Judge Patricia Morse Jarman had it: 10-9, 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 10-9 for Condit.
  • Judge Junichiro Kamijo had it 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 10-9, 9-10 for Condit.
Dana White scored it three rounds to two for Condit, with Diaz winning the first two and Condit the final three.

CompuStrike counted the strikes in the bout like so:

• Condit outlanded Diaz in total strikes 146 to 110
  • Diaz outlanded Condit 86 to 42 in total arm strikes landed
  • Condit outlanded Diaz 104 to 19 in total leg strikes landed
The scoring is totally laughable, even from Dana. How does he not give Diaz the fifth? And apparently meaningless soft leg kicks win fights now. I still maintain Condit only won one round, the fourth.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
All sorts of rumors flying round on sherdog. Failed drug tests, not wanting to fight in Vegas and all sorts. Place is hilarious at the moment.

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
I read that it was the diaz camp trolling saying it was off. I wouldn't be shocked if the not wanting to fight in vegas was true...

Interesting to see Rogan come out and say he got it wrong with saying condit was winning going into the 4th after watching the fight a 2nd time(he had diaz 1,2 and 5).

Jono078

Referee
I read that it was the diaz camp trolling saying it was off. I wouldn't be shocked if the not wanting to fight in vegas was true...

Interesting to see Rogan come out and say he got it wrong with saying condit was winning going into the 4th after watching the fight a 2nd time(he had diaz 1,2 and 5).
I actually watched that this morning, I love Rogan as a commentator/analyst. He's good at his job and I hope he is with the UFC for as long as possible.

Re the above post: Don't know if you were talking about me or not since I was probably showing most support in favor of Diaz, but I'm no fanboy. I was a fan of both fighters going into the fight.

shiznit

Coach
It's interesting that everyone in here gave Diaz the first and last round, most the second as well. Yet the Judges only gave the third to Diaz.

The scoring is totally laughable, even from Dana. How does he not give Diaz the fifth? And apparently meaningless soft leg kicks win fights now. I still maintain Condit only won one round, the fourth.
soft leg kicks?? :lol:

seriously dude... are you trolling?? or just geniused?

do you even know Nick Diaz?? because if you actually knew Nick Diaz you would know that he's the king of throwing 'soft' strikes.

Nick Diaz whole gameplan revolves around the amount of pressure he puts on fighters with his half strength punches...

he doesn't throw full scale power punches because he likes to wear his opponent down with volume rather than power. Because he knows he has the cardio to win him the fight.

Diaz is the LAST person on earth who should be complaining of 'soft' leg kicks.

and either way... your average leg kick is far more painful and damaging than your average jab.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
NSAC commissioner Keith Keizer has just said that there has been a positive test from 143. Be interesting to see who it is.

WYD

Juniors
soft leg kicks?? :lol:

seriously dude... are you trolling?? or just geniused?

do you even know Nick Diaz?? because if you actually knew Nick Diaz you would know that he's the king of throwing 'soft' strikes.

Nick Diaz whole gameplan revolves around the amount of pressure he puts on fighters with his half strength punches...

he doesn't throw full scale power punches because he likes to wear his opponent down with volume rather than power. Because he knows he has the cardio to win him the fight.

Diaz is the LAST person on earth who should be complaining of 'soft' leg kicks.

and either way... your average leg kick is far more painful and damaging than your average jab.
I used the phrase meaningless soft leg kicks, If you want to use quotation marks put them between the word "kicks". Connecting with the toes and the front of the foot is not effective, that is not a real leg kick, It's equivalent to slapping someone. He had like two actually leg kicks, hitting hard and using the shin. Diaz should have checked one of those little kicks and it would have f**king hurt. Nick Diaz called them baby kicks, you can drop somebody with legitimate legkicks but that's not what he was doing. Although Condit was running, Diaz cut him off put him up against the fence and unloaded combinations on him, Diaz hit him in the face and body flush. Score the shots that land and have an impact.

shiznit

Coach
I used the phrase meaningless soft leg kicks, If you want to use quotation marks put them between the word "kicks". Connecting with the toes and the front of the foot is not effective, that is not a real leg kick, It's equivalent to slapping someone. He had like two actually leg kicks, hitting hard and using the shin. Diaz should have checked one of those little kicks and it would have f**king hurt. Nick Diaz called them baby kicks, you can drop somebody with legitimate legkicks but that's not what he was doing. Although Condit was running, Diaz cut him off put him up against the fence and unloaded combinations on him, Diaz hit him in the face and body flush. Score the shots that land and have an impact.
hang on??? so we are supposed to take your word that Condit's 'soft' leg kicks are not scoring strikes... and Nick Diaz pitter-patter punches are??

Once again dude... are you saying that your opinion should be given the same credence as FightMetric stats??

Jack_Napier

Staff member
There you go Diaz confirmed a positive test for marijuana. 2nd time with a possible 6-12 month ban coming

Whoops ^ too late

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
IMO recreational drugs should be passed on to law enforcement to deal with...

they hardly have a positive effect on his performance.

Collateral

Coach
IMO recreational drugs should be passed on to law enforcement to deal with...

they hardly have a positive effect on his performance.

I agree but the commission makes a good point as to why they dont allow it; They agree that it wont really give a positive bonus to an athletes performance. Where their concerns lie is that someone turns up to fight high and has a reduced pain threshold and wont realise how badly they are hurt until afterwards which could result in serious or permanent injury. Its the same reason they dont allow cortisone injections before fights.

shiznit

Coach
I agree but the commission makes a good point as to why they dont allow it; They agree that it wont really give a positive bonus to an athletes performance. Where their concerns lie is that someone turns up to fight high and has a reduced pain threshold and wont realise how badly they are hurt until afterwards which could result in serious or permanent injury. Its the same reason they dont allow cortisone injections before fights.
yeah fair enough... i never thought about it like that.

Jono078

Referee
Wow, what a dumb f**k Diaz is.

He had the world at his feet the last 12 months and could have made so much money. I guess he already has, but he had potential for so much more..

Cut him and don't bring him back. He wants to go make a living another way, go let him.

Collateral

Coach
Wow, what a dumb f**k Diaz is.

He had the world at his feet the last 12 months and could have made so much money. I guess he already has, but he had potential for so much more..

Cut him and don't bring him back. He wants to go make a living another way, go let him.

Technically he has already retired.

shiznit

Coach
i dont hate on him too much for this... he's never hid the fact that he smokes dope...

his biggest issue is his professionalism... if he wants to smoke dope.. fine... that's his choice.. but if he wants to compete in MMA he obviously needs to do it outside of the testing period.

its a sad day for MMA IMO... MMA needs guys like Nick Diaz... he's a great fighter... and he only helps the sport grow IMO.

shiznit

Coach
this may sound like stupid question but ill ask anyway...

he's only banned from Nevada isn't he?? well not only... Las Vegas is the hub of the fight game.

but lets say he's got a medical licence to smoke dope in his home state of California... would he still be able to fight in California??

Status
Not open for further replies.