What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC DAY MATCH: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Sydney Roosters *Live Updates*

innsaneink

Referee
Willow said:
Do you think Timmins is lying?

You guys a real hoot. At least Charlie had the good sense to know he'd back a dud horse.

Probably...can you say for certain he wasnt?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
innsaneink said:
Probably...can you say for certain he wasnt?
You're sounding a little wishy washy Innsaneink. He's either lying or he isn't. 'Probably' doesn't cut it too well, so which is it?

I think he was injured - said it a number of times now. And I said it looked like his neck - I said that well before the news article came out.

In addition, the referee, the trainers, the medical staff, and players (from both sides) all thought it warranted a stoppage.

Do you want us to discard the opinion of these people on the ground because of some feeble pebble rolling from the armchair comedy duo of Dr Danish and his trusty sidekick innsaneink?

innsaneink

Referee
Willow said:
You're sounding a little wishy washy Innsaneink. He's either lying or he isn't. 'Probably' doesn't cut it too well, so which is it?

I think he was injured - said it a number of times now. And I said it looked like his neck - I said that well before the news article came out.

In addition, the referee, the trainers, the medical staff, and players (from both sides) all thought it warranted a stoppage.

Do you want us to discard the opinion of these people on the ground because of some feeble pebble rolling from the armchair comedy duo of Dr Danish and his trusty sidekick innsaneink?

Youve a better step than Benji.

How do I know 100% certain if hes lying or not, I dont...which is why I said I think he was probably lying. I cant be certain, and neither can you.
Noticed you didnt give me the courtesy I gave you of answering your Q, not surprising though...willow, LU's answer to Ricko, dancing around the issues.
banana1.gif

The actions of the trainers allowing him to play on after such a ''nasty scare'' suggest a bit of gamesmanship ....

Gosh, talk about precious....

You gunna chop my post up next and reply sentence by sentence?....nice tactic, yet predictable.

drake

First Grade
Considering Timmins plays every game with an eighty year old's knees, spends the next few days as a cripple, and then plays the next game and starts the cycle again; I'd say it's fair to say he is able to work his way through the pain threshold, wouldn't you?

Danish is obviously a nod to the pastry whose intellectual ability you mimic, rather than an ethnic allegiance isn't it?

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:
Do you think Timmins is lying?

You guys a real hoot. At least Charlie had the good sense to know he'd back a dud horse.

I still think Timmins milked it for all it was worth. I just have not continued on with this debate as it wont get anywhere. It is like arguing who was the better player, Danny Crnkovich or Robert Muchmore. Pointless.

innsaneink

Referee
drake said:
Considering Timmins plays every game with an eighty year old's knees, spends the next few days as a cripple, and then plays the next game and starts the cycle again; I'd say it's fair to say he is able to work his way through the pain threshold, wouldn't you?

Danish is obviously a nod to the pastry whose intellectual ability you mimic, rather than an ethnic allegiance isn't it?

Pain thresholds is hardly the point here, risk management is......

Youre too concerned with the insult I think drake, you missed the point completely.
Amusingly ironic though....."intellectual ability" :lol:

drake

First Grade
Ink, the only thing I'm a bit peeved at is a sore loser accusing Timmins of faking it, and then accusing him of lying about it.
Now I'm sure a fair chunk of Sunday's viewers agreed with him, and it's a fair enough assumption. I just don't agree with calling the man a liar.

As I've said, he's never come across to me as a bloke who is sharp enough to bullsh*t like that, and he is respected for his ability to withstand pain on a weekly basis. So I believe him.

And there's no way I'm playing insult hockey with you Ink; the last time I did that was much to my detriement, so I'll bow to a superior opponent there.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Innsaneink said:
You gunna chop my post up next and reply sentence by sentence?
Yep.

Innsaneink said:
...nice tactic, yet predictable.
Tactic? :lol:
Touchy bugga. What else frightens you?
Innsaneink said:
Youve a better step than Benji.
On the contrary I have been very up front and direct with my view on this.
You on the other hand have gone soft as a flannel.
When asked for an opinion, the best you can come up with is 'probably'.
Perhaps you're afraid of committment.
Innsaneink said:
How do I know 100% certain if hes lying or not
Fine, so why don't you ask Doctor Danish what makes him 100% certain Timmins is lying?
Word of warning though, the guy is as mad as a cut snake.

I am absolutely certain that Timmins was hurt. I have no reason to disbelieve his version of events. And no one else in the business has thought to challenge him on it. Its just a couple of forum nuffies who think he's lying.
Innsaneink said:
I dont...which is why I said I think he was probably lying. I cant be certain, and neither can you.
I am certain. But thanks for telling me what I think.
Innsaneink said:
Noticed you didnt give me the courtesy I gave you of answering your Q, not surprising though...willow, LU's answer to Ricko, dancing around the issues.
banana1.gif
Get your hand off it innsane. I answered in a very straight forward manner. Not my fault you can't read.

You asked: "can you say for certain he wasnt [lying]?"
I replied that he was injured - I must have said this a dozen times now. Why do kindergarten debaters like yourself always need me to spell it out for them? Are you really that thick?

I am certain that Timmins was not lying and he was injured. There you go, I just said it again. Have you read it this time?

I think the problem you're grappling with is the shock that someone has a different opinion to you.

BTW, that little emoticon you've ripped from somewhere is not a dancing scene... its a couple of bananas ron cooting. Better luck next time.
Innsaneink said:
The actions of the trainers allowing him to play on after such a ''nasty scare'' suggest a bit of gamesmanship ....

Gosh, talk about precious....
'Gamesmanship', 'Probably'... just say it Innsane... tell us what you really think.

I note that you conveniently overlook the actions of medical staff including a medi-cab which was on its way at the time. Was that 'gamesmanship' as well? Kind of puts a hole in your argument there eh?
And what of the ref stopping play, was that part of the conspiracy as well?
And none of you doctors have yet to explain why there was no protest from the Easts players. Why did they go along with it? Here's a hint: its because they thought Timmins was hurt too.

Mr Saab said:
I still think Timmins milked it for all it was worth. I just have not continued on with this debate as it wont get anywhere. It is like arguing who was the better player, Danny Crnkovich or Robert Muchmore. Pointless.
Danny Crnkovich or Robert Muchmore? Wow... that was relevant. Thanks for coming Charlie.

In that case, I have to take back what I said in my earlier post. You do back dud horses after all.

Mr Saab

Referee
Humour not in your system? Old age catching up to you willow?
Crnkovich vs Muchmore...pointless in talking about who was better, much like the debate with you about Timmins and milk.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mr Saab said:
Humour not in your system? Old age catching up to you willow?
Depends if you're thinking of giving up your day job.
Sorry, it wasn't that funny Charlie. But you have given us plenty to laugh about.

innsaneink

Referee
I am absolutely certain that Timmins was hurt.

Say anything often enough you'll believe it.

Are you a doctor? :lol:

Your diagnosis was made from where, a bay at Aussie, the local pub or your lounge room?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Mr Saab said:

Crnkovich hands down lol

OVP

Coach
OK, while i know deep down in my heart my team is going to get raped after employing Harrigan ...

Can someone at least tell me why Sa didnt actually score that try ? I bet neither YOU nor the NRL nor the referees can answer that.

By christ, the fend where he knocked Luke Bailey completely off his feet was good enough for me ffs.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dear Innsaneink,

I know being up front is the last thing on your mind and hiding behind emoticons is your specialty. But perhaps you could answer the questions asked in the earlier post. Are you going ask Doctor Danish what makes him 100% certain Timmins is lying?

Or would that make things a tad uncomfortable?
innsaneink said:
Say anything often enough you'll believe it.

Are you a doctor? :lol:

Your diagnosis was made from where, a bay at Aussie, the local pub or your lounge room?
LMAO... even funnier the second time I read it. you mean as opposed to the Doctors Danish and Saab armchair analysis? Hilarious.

Again, for the slow of mind...
Apart what I saw on TV, I base my opinion on facts such as the referee stopping play immediately, and the players (including the opposition) giving Timmins and the medical staff some space, and lets not forget the medi-cab came onto the field. This in addition to Timmins saying to the media afterwards that he was numb after copping a knock in the neck.

Oh yeah... do you think he had a lot to gain by embellishing the facts after the match? Was he lying to the media as well?

I've said all this before, but you're too slow to understand, or too lazy to comprehend.

So its not just my opinion, it is also the opinion of the people who were in the middle of the action. Got it yet?

When you have similar reasoning to back up your argument, try again and we might be able to have a real debate. But as it stands, you have been unable to successfully refute any of the facts.

What Timmins did was pretty tough. He's been known to play through pain, more than most players have had to endure. I thought it was a gutsy effort and worthy of pat on the back. But some blokes are too just busy spitting sour grapes to make any reasoned judgment.
And to make it worse, you take the cowardly way out and simply call Timmins a liar. If its a 'low act' you're seeking, I suggest you look a little closer to home.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
OVP said:
OK, while i know deep down in my heart my team is going to get raped after employing Harrigan ...
He awarded the finger tip try, that gave benefit of doubt to Easts.
OVP said:
Can someone at least tell me why Sa didnt actually score that try ? I bet neither YOU nor the NRL nor the referees can answer that.
Anon has already answered.
Obstruction. I'm sure Gus would give you detailed analysis if you ask him. He wasn't backward in doing so when Gasnier was denied in the same match in 2004... and in that game Easts won by just three points.

melon....

Coach
OVP said:

By christ, the fend where he knocked Luke Bailey completely off his feet was good enough for me ffs.
What was good enough for me is the Dragons couldnt crack the line. Heads magic was the difference. If we had a decent half we probably would have won.

Stagger eel

Staff member
melon.... said:
What was good enough for me is the Dragons couldnt crack the line. Heads magic was the difference. If we had a decent half we probably would have won.

a decent half would of potentially not been able to save the trys that Finch stopped.

credit where it's due.