What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC DAY MATCH: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Sydney Roosters *Live Updates*

The Preacher

First Grade
dragondad said:
The point is that you're a dead set drop kick.

And also that you would stay on the ground if you got hit in the head would't you?

Thanks mate, yeah, that'll do for my reponse Danish. Then again, you didn't accept the kicking challenge so I can't see you accepting this one. Mind you, a big crowd would be assured. :lol:

Danish

Referee
dragondad said:
Please tell me when did he jump up fresh as a daisy?

He got his head in the wrong position and was flat on the ground for quite some time.His medical staff were treating him with precaution and quite a few mins later he slowly lifted his neck and above upwards.Then his staff helped him to his feet very slowly and he pushed away the staff saying he would stay on the field.

At no point whatsoever did he jump up in a flash.

He went from supposedly not being able to feel any of his body to being in the tackling line ready to go in 2 mins.

I'd call that "fresh as a daisy" would you not??

If he just said he had a lie down because he was a bit concussed, then no worries. But stories of temporary paralisis is where i draw the line on the bullsh*t meter.

The Preacher

First Grade
Danish said:
He went from supposedly not being able to feel any of his body to being in the tackling line ready to go in 2 mins.

I'd call that "fresh as a daisy" would you not??

If he just said he had a lie down because he was a bit concussed, then no worries. But stories of temporary paralisis is where i draw the line on the bullsh*t meter.

Could you turn your BS meter on every time you post please ????:lol:

Danish

Referee
The Preacher said:
Thanks mate, yeah, that'll do for my reponse Danish. Then again, you didn't accept the kicking challenge so I can't see you accepting this one. Mind you, a big crowd would be assured. :lol:

Remind me of the kicking challenge exactly??

100 kicks from 30m out or something to that effect?

The Preacher

First Grade
Danish said:
Remind me of the kicking challenge exactly??

100 kicks from 30m out or something to that effect?

Keep researching, it was your challenge, remember the odds and the percentage required ????
It wasn't exactly made to mke, though I did offer to accept and wished to know how much folding stuff would be involved. ????
Please don't tell me it was made while you had the meter turned off.:D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Danish said:
when he jumps up fresh as a daisy and resuming play, not more than a minute after he was a temporary quadraplegic (numb from the neck down??) that i start to think that perhaps his injury wasn't as serious as he made out at the time. And certainly not as serious as he is claiming in that 2 bit article.
LOL @ '2 bit article'. Now why would that be? By any chance would it be because it erodes your argument?

He wasn't fresh as a daisy.
It was more than a minute.
In any case, this undermines your ridiculous point that it takes only '20 seconds' to get a medicab on the field, given that one was on its way.

How many more times do you want to be proven wrong?

A medi-cab (although not needed) was on the field - they thought he was hurt.
Team medics thought he was hurt.
Trainers thought he was hurt.
Players from both sides thought he was hurt.
The referee thought he was hurt.
Hell, even Timmins thought he was hurt.

But Dr Danish and his merry band of armchair experts know better.

In your effort to call Timmins a liar, you yourself are resorting to telling whoppers.

Your credibility is shot to bits. Give it up.
Danish said:
If you want to turn it into an argument about moving a geniunely injured player too quickly then be my guest.
Actually it was you who said a medi-cab only takes 20 seconds and Timmins should have gone out back somewhere. I was was merely wondering how he can do this without a magic wand.
Danish said:
Timmins wasnt a geniunely injured player. Certainly not to the extent he claims. So its a pointless argument.
Its pointless to you because you heading southwards at a rate of knots. You've got nothing.

innsaneink

Referee
Very risky imo to let him continue after feeling numb and tingly, they knew it was his neck, yet they let him play on?

Okkkaaaaayyyy.

Danish

Referee
Willow said:
blah blah blah whinge etc

So tell me Willow....

Do you actually believe a player can go from completely unable to feel his body, to back up and ready to play in 2 mins??

Because thats what Timmins claims. Not that he was concussed, not that he hurt his neck, that he was temporarily paralysed.

Do you believe that occured, and that he managed to just walk away from such an injury, much less play footy for another 20 mins afterwards and have no apparent side effects??

Or do you just realise he was a bit dazed, and had a lie down because of that. Rather than some freak of nature recovery....

I know which one i believe. And i know that if he suffered the sort of injury he claimed he did, he would not have continued on. Much less would medical staff had allowed it.

He was concussed, he took a break and let his team get set in the pressure situation. End of Story. Joey has done it many a time, and so have plenty of others. And they all come up with just as lame excuses afterwards.

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Very risky imo to let him continue after feeling numb and tingly, they knew it was his neck, yet they let him play on?

Okkkaaaaayyyy.

Good ole Timmo...he is as tough as they come.

Danish

Referee
gregstar said:
mr apple

are you like this after every loss?

I'm like this anytime a player claims he was miraculously fit and well to play just minutes after losing all feeling in his body.

Godz Illa

Coach
innsaneink said:

Okkkaaaaayyyy.
Well it's consistent with the on-field treatment policy we have employed for the last few years. The practice cost us Mathew Head for the season in 05 and subsequently virtually gifted the premiership to your mob. I can chew on sour grapes too btw ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Danish, do you realise changing someone's quote is a non-no?
Play within the rules please.

Danish

Referee
Willow said:
Danish, do you realise changing someone's quote is a non-no?
Play within the rules please.

Just answer the question genius.

Do you actually believe Timmins went from completely unable to feel his body, to back up and ready to play in a few mins??

Danish said:
Just answer the question genius.

Do you actually believe Timmins went from completely unable to feel his body, to back up and ready to play in a few mins??

"I went in for a tackle and hit someone's hip right on my neck and shoulder. My whole body went numb"

"I couldn't feel my arm or legs for a second and then everything went all tingly in my body. I was pretty dazed at first and it was a bit scary. (Dragons medical staff) were a bit worried because it was my neck, but after a couple of seconds the tingling went away and after a minute or two it went back to normal."

- Shaun Timmins

Danish - You are inferring he is lying. Correct?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dr Danish said:
So tell me Willow....

Do you actually believe a player can go from completely unable to feel his body, to back up and ready to play in 2 mins??
The wonders of medical science were never my specialty.

I should imagine numbness can last briefly (for a minute or two) or be permanent.

Dr Danish said:
Because thats what Timmins claims. Not that he was concussed, not that he hurt his neck, that he was temporarily paralysed.
More melodrama. He said went numb. What's your point again? I thought you called it a 'pointless argument'. LOL
He looked hurt to me.
Dr Danish said:
Do you believe that occured, and that he managed to just walk away from such an injury, much less play footy for another 20 mins afterwards and have no apparent side effects??
Well its clear that you didnt read my earlier post... you were too busy being a tosser with the quote function.
It appeared that everyone on the ground thought he was hurt, But not yourself, the courageous medical 'expert' who sneers from the comfort his loungeroom.
Dr Danish said:
Or do you just realise he was a bit dazed, and had a lie down because of that. Rather than some freak of nature recovery....
I have no reason to disbelieve him. Nor is there a reason to disbelieve the referee who stopped play, or the players nearby, or the medical staff.
I'd rather take their word for it than someone like yourself who couldn't lie straight in bed.
Dr Danish said:
I know which one i believe. And i know that if he suffered the sort of injury he claimed he did, he would not have continued on. Much less would medical staff had allowed it.
So the medical staff are lying too? Geez, this is getting good. lol
Dr Danish said:
He was concussed, he took a break and let his team get set in the pressure situation.
If he was concussed then why would he make up some story about being numb? Being concussed is still good reason to stay down.
You're not making any sense now, but please, keep digging.
Dr Danish said:
End of Story.
LOL. Are you sure? You've had more finales than Dame Nellie Melba.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bring back John Fifita said:
"I went in for a tackle and hit someone's hip right on my neck and shoulder. My whole body went numb"

"I couldn't feel my arm or legs for a second and then everything went all tingly in my body. I was pretty dazed at first and it was a bit scary. (Dragons medical staff) were a bit worried because it was my neck, but after a couple of seconds the tingling went away and after a minute or two it went back to normal."

- Shaun Timmins

Not inferring, he has said it outright, a few times now. Everyone is either lying or deluded according to the Doctor.

He's lowered the find art of being a sore loser to another level.

Danish

Referee
Bring back John Fifita said:

- Shaun Timmins

Yes.

Players lie all the time in regards to making injuries seem much worse when they were having an extra long lie down for the team.

Danish said:
Yes.

Players lie all the time in regards to making injuries seem much worse when they were having an extra long lie down for the team.

Momentarily numb from a hit to his neck (replays show this to be the case), with feeling slowly coming back. Geez, that does sound absurd doesn't it??

Players lying down, feigning injury, is usually to draw a penalty, especially with the introduction of the video ref (much to my ire), and/or kickers getting hit "late". Timmo would not have drawn one here. So what is the benefit?

Do you really think that when his side was under pressure, he would lie down (thus weakening his teams defensive line) in the hope that the ref would stop play, give his players a rest, and this split decision was made while concussed (which you yourself said he was). Its a monster gamble with far more to lose than to gain.

But considering your resounding knowledge on when a player is injured or not who am I to argue.

Latest posts