What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Day

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Looks like a false alarm Preacher.

Those planes going overhead were probably bound for Iraq :p

Father Ted

First Grade
Drew-Sta said:
*Waits for barrage of insults to Preacher*

Hey, I think it could be a good idea. As much as I hate Gould, he might do the trick. Not sure about Warren Ryan though. He could be as useful to us as Anderson is to the Chooks at the moment.

*Jumps behind with Preacher before anything sharp is thrown*

Our problems are different to the Roosters they are playing too many old players and players out of form , we on the other hand have too many young guys and little discipline . So the Wok would be great for us IMO , but then I surpose so would Gould .

glory79

Juniors
I have been os for the first 5 games of the season, so I havent seen any games only match reports and it dissappoints me that discipline is again our problem. How many years is that now

Also, it seems as though every year he has been coaching somone has been calling for browns head at some stage (usually early) of the season. Can anybody remember any other coach that has had such consistent calls for his head

Anyways, heres hoping we keep the chooks winless and move ourselves out of spoon contention for a while. Bring back Choc!!

The Preacher

First Grade
glory79 said:
I have been os for the first 5 games of the season, so I havent seen any games only match reports and it dissappoints me that discipline is again our problem. How many years is that now

Also, it seems as though every year he has been coaching somone has been calling for browns head at some stage (usually early) of the season. Can anybody remember any other coach that has had such consistent calls for his head

Anyways, heres hoping we keep the chooks winless and move ourselves out of spoon contention for a while. Bring back Choc!!

I believe this is the sixth time in the nine years of the joint venture that we have one win on the board at this time of the season.

brendothejet

First Grade
The Preacher said:
I believe this is the sixth time in the nine years of the joint venture that we have one win on the board at this time of the season.

which is exactly why im not too worried.

On another note, the entire upper eastern side has sold out for the game. Get yourself some tickets now and bring as many friends as you have. ANZAC day is always a special one.

The Preacher

First Grade
I'll be going in to watch the old man march and have a few beers with him and his mates at the Triple Ace, then make my way down to the Royal Exhibition for a palate cleanser and board the bus for Aussie Stadium, IMHO the best ground I've ever watched footy at.
I hope I'll then be witnessing the resurgence of my beloved Dragons, and to be leaving the ground with a good victory and with much happier thoughts for the rest of the season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Roosters side announced for ANZAC Day game

Sydney Roosters coach Chris Anderson has announced the 17-man lineup that will take on the St George Illawarra Dragons this Wednesday in the traditional ANZAC clash at Aussie Stadium.

The side is as follows:

1 Anthony Minichiello
2 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3 Sam Perrett
4 Iosia Soliola
5 Amos Roberts
6 Braith Anasta
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 David Shillington
9 Craig Wing
10 Danny Nutley
11 Shane Shackleton
12 Craig Fitzgibbon
13 Anthony Tupou

14 Chris Beattie
15 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
16 Lopini Paea
17 Ashley Harrison

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=13506

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Why they're playing an 80 minute player in Harrison on the bench is beyond me.

A huge fall from grace for Ashley.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Drew-Sta said:
Why they're playing an 80 minute player in Harrison on the bench is beyond me.

A huge fall from grace for Ashley.

It's ironic. His career would've been better off had he stayed at Souths.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Southernsaint said:
It's ironic. His career would've been better off had he stayed at Souths.

So true.

Add Harrison to the Souths pack and it looks all that much better, especially with the form he had whilst in the Red and Green.

The Preacher

First Grade
For anyone that's thinking of a brew before the game, i'll be patronising the Royal Exhibition at Central before getting the bus to Aussie.
I'll be with my brother and my young bloke, dressed like a dragons man. Come and make yourself known.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Preacher said:
For anyone that's thinking of a brew before the game, i'll be patronising the Royal Exhibition at Central before getting the bus to Aussie.
I'll be with my brother and my young bloke, dressed like a dragons man. Come and make yourself known.

I'll be at The Olympic from about 11am :b:

The Preacher

First Grade
I must let Melon know that i'll be available to hear his act of contrition Thursday morning from 0630hrs. Sorry Pip, I'll be off line tomorrow lovey. :kiss:

Currently pissing down in Sydney and we're expecting more of the same tommorrow.

Hopefully we get a bit of a break.

Rain rain go away, come again another day.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
NRL Dragons
v Sydney Roosters
3.00pm Wednesday 25 April
Aussie Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown

1. Brett MORRIS
2. Josh MORRIS
3. Wes NAIQAMA
4. Matt COOPER
5. Luke MACDOUGALL
6. Richard WILLIAMS
7. Ben HORNBY (c)
8. Justin POORE
9. Tony CAINE
10. Danny WICKS
11. Ashton SIMS
12. Corey PAYNE
13. Ben CREAGH

14. Adam PEEK
15. Dan HUNT
16. Sam ISEMONGER
17. Ben ELLIS
18. Chase STANLEY

Unavailable Dragons are:
Mark Gasnier (pectoral), Tom Hewitt (hamstring), Jason Ryles (shoulder), Simon Woolford (ankle), Dean Young (knee).

Southernsaint

Staff member
Follow Me Up To Carlton said:
Was posted at 10.10 this morning, so I assume that means you've been there since 11am today?

Dreams are free, Daithi.

Already looking forward to tomorrow.