What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer should be arrested

elbusto

Coach
I thought it was a strip at the time. Referee has a split second to make the decision. Pretty simple as far as I am concerned. Thought Parra had a great year but were not ready to win this one. The Inglis try was the real factor in this game. Cayless admitted that himself.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i cant believe people are blaming the ref when the Eels were clearly outplayed. they didn't deserve to win.

True but after the first half of the season we didn't exactly deserve to be in the grand final either.

Doesn't mean it wouldn't have been awesome for The Entertainers to steal it at the death.

What a fairy tale it would've been. Instead we get boring percentage football Storm taking out their second title in four attempts (even their grand final winning percentage stinks of percentage footy).

I still maintain - Parra wouldn't have needed the call to go their way if they weren't 16 points down in the final quarter anyway.

Parra's a class act mate. They waited until late in the season before they started winning games, why not wait until there's 15 minutes left in the grand final to start playing footy?

That's how they roll.

Noa

First Grade
That Fui Fui decision reminded me of the grand final in 2009 when Greg Inglis got taken out in the first half right in front of the try line yet no penalty was given.

:lol: Post of the year.

elbusto

Coach
Here you go - I was wrong - it was for holding on.

'Archer was standing by the call.
The NRL's most experienced official said Moimoi was penalised for holding on to Slater - not for a strip. He conceded Slater dropped the ball "cold", but denied the penalty had anything to do with the loose ball'

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So the decision was correct, and Parra fans are whinging for no reason.

:lol:

elbusto

Coach
It's just ruined a great season.

All the talk's about one bad call when we should be discussing the positives.
It may have ruined your season but I can assure you there are plenty of people out there who rated the game and the season as a classic.

I suggest you get over it.

Game over. Storm premiers.

aspiring

Juniors
I agree with most of what you said but the Hayne being a myth part deadset you must be joking right. Since when is QLD, Dragons, Bulldogs, Titans poor opposition? He dominated in origin and against the entire top 3. Melbourne had a very good plan to shut him down and it worked, but your taking the piss if you think Hayne only dominates against poor teams. He was one of the very few NSW players to stand up to Queensland and he did it consistently this year.

I admit he had a great origin series, However i am sorry but the Bulldogs Dragons and Titans were all walkovers. Dragons and Titans chocked badly and the Bulldogs played with several men hurt as well as Kimmorly not 100%. Had he been fit, i feel they would of won.

He has done nothing half the season, and when his team is being belted he goes missing. Against the Dragons when they lost 37-0 and last night. Everytime he touched the ball i thought he was going to score the way rabbs kept going on, yet he did nothing, and Slater showed him how to play. The fact that people were saying Hayne should be the Aussie #1 over Slater is a joke. And Haynes comments about Melbournes GF history shows you what a cocky asshole he is. Well he got what he deserved.

Now Hindmarsh, what a player. Was everywhere did everything and played his guts out, and only once got a mention from Gus, yet Hayne went near the ball and they screamed like little girls :crazy:

I just hope that Hindy can get a GF to his credit, because like Price, El Masri and Petero, there heroes to our game and great role models for the kids.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Oh for f****s sake! Is it any wonder why everyone hates Parra supporters.

GET OVER IT!!! THE BETTER TEAM WON.

You had your chance and you lost. Cop it on the chin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It may have ruined your season but I can assure you there are plenty of people out there who rated the game and the season as a classic.

The season was truly brilliant which is why it's such an anticlimax that it came down to one bad call. The fans deserved better.

Oh well the beauty of footy is there's always next year.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
The season was truly brilliant which is why it's such an anticlimax that it came down to one bad call. The fans deserved better.

the season ? or the last 11 weeks ?

as for the "bad call" ....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26165157-5018866,00.html

Archer was standing by the call.
The NRL's most experienced official said Moimoi was penalised for holding on to Slater - not for a strip. He conceded Slater dropped the ball "cold", but denied the penalty had anything to do with the loose ball.

--------

get that thru your thick blue & gold head !