What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

bottle

Coach
Worth noting that the posters who were death riding us in 2010 are usually the same that insist that we have no history.

And therein lies the real truth. It's not about a concern for historical accuracy at all. That's as big a lie as the "I'm a neutral" lie. It's about jealousy and hate. The haters make the most, if not all the noise about records, refs, the quality of fans and on and on ad nauseum. They're driven by what consumes them. Which is why it so much fun to string them along. Can almost picture their heads about to implode with frustration.

Garts

Bench
16 for the dragons IMO. However I bet there are some of the dragons who say this is their 16th probably argued that Menzies is a 2 club player!!!!

bottle

Coach
Im going to get shut down for this but im sorry three clubs cant claim premierships for the one year , St George Illawarra won their first premiership same as Wests Tigers did in 05.

Why quote a comment I made in relation to Menzies to make a point you've already made? And why say you're sorry when you're not?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Blake, you're dribbling... read back.

16 for the dragons IMO. However I bet there are some of the dragons who say this is their 16th probably argued that Menzies is a 2 club player!!!!
Not me.

There's actually a thread about it in the Dragons forum Garts, started by Dutchy. I suspect he was trying to be mischevious (silly ol' Dutchy), but he didn't get the negative response he expected.

Last time I looked, every Dragons supporter replying backed Manly's right to call Menzies a one club player, and there was a lot of respect for one of the game's greats.

Garts

Bench
Blake, you're dribbling... read back.

Not me.

There's actually a thread about it in the Dragons forum Garts, started by Dutchy. I suspect he was trying to be mischevious (silly ol' Dutchy), but he didn't get the negative response he expected.

Last time I looked, every Dragons supporter replying backed Manly's right to call Menzies a one club player, and there was a lot of respect for one of the game's greats.

Thanks Willow, I'll have a look as was not aware of it. I just remember 2 years back many said he was not a 1 club player, I assumed there would have been a few dragons getting in on the act as there are a few of u on the forums.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A few more of us now.

There might be a question mark over how many tries Menzies scored in the forwards, but there is no doubting his commitment to Manly. I think this commitment is a valid yardstick and one that Saints supporters respect.

Rexxy

Coach
In the interests of clarity...

This argument can be seen in terms of Charles darwins journey in the Beagle.

If you agree the dragons have 16 premierships you are an evolutionist. the dragons are still the dragons despite slight modifications and adaptions.

If you say Dragons have one premiership you are a creationist, saying a whole new entity has been created by a maker.

beaver Menzies is Darwins mutton bird from the galapogas islands. Menzies is evidence that you can have the same species, in a variety of locations, but with an adaption for it's environment. In the beavers case, it's a jumper and slight name change to the northern eagles.

Evolutionists claim stgeorge Illawarra dragons have been evolving since 1921. creationists think the red and white world suddenly appeared out of nothing a mere 12 years ago.

Quigs

Immortal
In the interests of clarity...

This argument can be seen in terms of Charles darwins journey in the Beagle.

If you agree the dragons have 16 premierships you are an evolutionist. the dragons are still the dragons despite slight modifications and adaptions.

If you say Dragons have one premiership you are a creationist, saying a whole new entity has been created by a maker.

beaver Menzies is Darwins mutton bird from the galapogas islands. Menzies is evidence that you can have the same species, in a variety of locations, but with an adaption for it's environment. In the beavers case, it's a jumper and slight name change to the northern eagles.

Evolutionists claim stgeorge Illawarra dragons have been evolving since 1921. creationists think the red and white world suddenly appeared out of nothing a mere 12 years ago.

I was just thinking more of the Dodo Bird and then Dolly the cloned sheep.

Cheers
Quigs

The NRL is a merger of the ARL competition and Super League.

The St George Illawarra Dragons are a merger of the St George Dragons and Illawarra Steelers.

They are exactly the same thing. Either they both retain the history of the entities which created the merger, or neither do.

Which is it?

No they are not they merged to become a new team, fact.

And all the bleating in the world by deluded forumers wont change that ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Poor Baroness. Very upset by it all. Back on the blue pills for you.

Regarding the actual topic, I'm curious if the sore losers were at all influenced by the commentary on the TV broadcast.

I watched the Fox replay last night - first time in full with the sound - and the Fox commentators were talking out of their arses all night. Every 50/50 call against Easts was amplified while the calls against Saints were ignored or just given a passing mention.

They genuinely appeared unsettled by the sight of the Roosters getting plucked over by a far superior team.

It wouldn't be the first time forum members have been led by the nose following a bias commentary. I guess people will take comfort wherever they can find it.

taxidriver

Coach
i think it's about time we let this die.

I'm starting to feel guilty for picking on the geniused guy.

Willow you've repeatedly shown the St George Dragons won 15 premierships.

You've only shown me that the St George-Illawarra Dragons have won 1 premierships.

Do some simple algebra Willow.

1 banana + 15 monkeys does not equal 16 banana's.

1 club winning 1 premiership and another dead club winning 15 premierships doesn't equal 16 premierships....

Simple enough language son?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
1 banana + 15 monkeys does not equal 16 banana's.
bluepill.jpg