What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Sharks at better team with Dinner Ale running the show.?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Just putting out a hot take so we have something to discuss besides wrist slitting, death riding and the f**kn Emu parks Qlds win or another god dammed spread sheet or photo shoot of toast or chicken nibbles.

There could be an argument, which I propose ,that Dinner Ale is a more composed player than Nacho.
And I am a declared idiot and also the founding member of the church of Nico, but geez he can bottle it when under pressure.
f**k.
I'm not sold on Ale still because I don't think he is more composed defensively.

Sharks much maligned left sided defence has conceded 11 tries this year. 6 of those since Ale came into the side. So thats 6 tries in his 3 games against only 5 in the previous 8 games. Can't be a coincidence. Sure people can identify simple things like Ronnie running in but the apparent fact is that side is disconnected. All 4 players on the left side can tackle, but they are not a good unit defensively.

Ale will get better with that but needs to do so a bit quicker for my liking.

For mine the only extra responsibility he should have is to be doing more kicking in general play. I'd also speculate that Tinkerbaell can put a few more boots to the ball.

Relying on a single kicker is folly. May as well tattoo a target on his head.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I reckon I'm lucky to eat steak 3 times a year. I find it quite boring and if we go out to a pub for a meal there's always 20 other things on the menu I prefer.
It's got be part of getting older.
I can't seem to digest steak anymore. It really doesn't sit well with me.

Shortly after moving over here I was gagging for a steak and a bottle of red
The best you get around these parts is like a minute steak and that's about it.

I ended up ordering one when I was in Phuket for work.
It was a decent steak, but just didn't go down well at all.

I think my steak eating days are behind me.
Also not a big steak eater. Red meat wise more likely to go for a chop or a cutlet. Occasionally a roast lamb if it's on special.

Prefer fish, pork and chicken.

Beef usually reserved for stir fries and the like

bluefox68

Staff member
I'm not sold on Ale still because I don't think he is more composed defensively.

Sharks much maligned left sided defence has conceded 11 tries this year. 6 of those since Ale came into the side. So thats 6 tries in his 3 games against only 5 in the previous 8 games. Can't be a coincidence. Sure people can identify simple things like Ronnie running in but the apparent fact is that side is disconnected. All 4 players on the left side can tackle, but they are not a good unit defensively.

Ale will get better with that but needs to do so a bit quicker for my liking.

For mine the only extra responsibility he should have is to be doing more kicking in general play. I'd also speculate that Tinkerbaell can put a few more boots to the ball.

Relying on a single kicker is folly. May as well tattoo a target on his head.
Wilton, Iro, Ronnie press in, Trindall sweeps behind the line.

DA doesn’t do this as effectively.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wilton, Iro, Ronnie press in, Trindall sweeps behind the line.

DA doesn’t do this as effectively.
And Atko, when he presses in actually turns out where the other turn in which is the more common fault. He can get planted and can't move anywhere. He's unsure I think. He'll make a belter covering tackle one of these games and the penny will drop. Hopefully

Frenzy.

Immortal
A beautifully seared steak is one of life's pleasures.
When I do have one I do a reverse sear. Sous vide the steak and then put it in a mega hot cast iron pan for 2 minutes a side. You get a juicier steak if you get the sous vide timing right. Tend to the same with lamb chops and steaks.

Last edited:

sladden road

Juniors
When I do have one I do a reverse sear. Sous vide the steak and then put it in a mega hot cast iron pan for 2 minutes a side. You don't get a juicier steak if you get the sous vide timing right. Tend to the same with lamb chops and steaks.
You are bloody mad on the sous vide.
Very five star of you Doc.!!!

Latest posts