What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we actually a chance here?

Meth

Staff member
I actually like Souths, incidentally

If they make the finals and we don't, I will be cheering for them.

Juju

Juniors
I actually like Souths, incidentally

If they make the finals and we don't, I will be cheering for them.
I like their team too. Great brand of footy. Just a certain segment of the supporters are alittle annoying

Nemesis

Bench
so Nemessis, which club has the most spoons and least finals campaigns of the last two decades?

untill another team "wins" as many spoons or misses as many finals campaigns as Souths, Souths will be the worst preformed club of the modern era. Deadset the on field record says it all
ANYWAY...

Do the Warriors have a chance? We're in the hunt and playing ok some maybe. I'm going to the GF so can only dream.
So using your logic, if Souths win the next 5 GFs they'll still be the worst perfomed club of the modern era :crazy:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I like their team too. Great brand of footy. Just a certain segment of the supporters are alittle annoying

indeed. you'd think those massive numbers of premierships they won were recent. you know, in the salary cap era.

Juju

Juniors
So using your logic, if Souths win the next 5 GFs they'll still be the worst perfomed club of the modern era :crazy:

so which club has the most spoons or missed out on the playoffs the most in the last two decades?:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Let's just agree to disagree. Enjoy your holiday in september:(

Nemesis

Bench
so which club has the most spoons or missed out on the playoffs the most in the last two decades?
Let's just agree to disagree. Enjoy your holiday in september:(
So you're counting the last 2 decades because it suits your argument. Why stop there?... of the teams still in the NRL both Wests (now Tigers) and Eels have won more wooden spoons than Souths... but of course that doesn't suit your now irrelevant argument.

Souths have a rich & successful 100 year history... Your club has has yet to win anything in its 15 years in the comp and may not for the next 15 years, so I wouldn't be critical of anyone if I were you.

In fact, I fully expect Souths to win their 21st premiership well before the NZ Warriors win their 1st. Good Luck on Sunday.

Rich102

Staff member
So you're counting the last 2 decades because it suits your argument. Why stop there?... of the teams still in the NRL both Wests (now Tigers) and Eels have won more wooden spoons than Souths... but of course that doesn't suit your now irrelevant argument.

Souths have a rich & successful 100 year history... Your club has has yet to win anything in its 15 years in the comp and may not for the next 15 years, so I wouldn't be critical of anyone if I were you.

In fact, I fully expect Souths to win their 21st premiership well before the NZ Warriors win their 1st. Good Luck on Sunday.

You too. Should be a good game.

Juju

Juniors
where did I say the Warriors are more successful?

We've certainly preformed better than Souths since our inception.

Anyway.

All the best for Sunday it will be a cracker for sure.

Micistm

Bench
Lol, good luck to both sets of supporters this week. I like Souths and usually wish them well, but not this week ;-)
I'll be cheering them on any other week

Nemesis

Bench
I'll put it out there- Souths won't make the 8 this year
Lol. The Warriors have spent 9 rounds out of the 19 rounds so far in the top 8.
Souths have been in the top 8 for 15 of the 19 rounds this season, are 3rd on PD behind Dragons & Panthers and are second highest point scorers behind the Panthers.

I'll put it out there too - Souths will make the 8 and will lap your mob on Sunday.

Martli

Coach
At the end of the day, my team is better than everyone else's team. I also have a bigger penis, 10 Ferraris and can drink 100 beers in one sitting without getting drunk.

ozreece77

Juniors
havent seen it mentioned anywhere here but i have selective blindness

Luke Stuart is out with a broken hand so Souths are down a quality prop. Burgess will play in front row. Apologies if this is old news.

Nemesis

Bench
havent seen it mentioned anywhere here but i have selective blindness

Luke Stuart is out with a broken hand so Souths are down a quality prop. Burgess will play in front row. Apologies if this is old news.
True... Burgess to prop, Crocker starting in the back row and Tyrell onto the bench.

Juju

Juniors
Souths have been in the top 8 for 15 of the 19 rounds this season, are 3rd on PD behind Dragons & Panthers and are second highest point scorers behind the Panthers.

I'll put it out there too - Souths will make the 8 and will lap your mob on Sunday.

I know you have a warped sense of pride, but you do realise its not how long you've spent in the top 8, its where you finish after round 26.

Reality check. Souths are capable of making the playoffs BUT the run home is really tough. Warriors,Bulldogs,Wests,Penrith, Storm, Parra, Drags.
Souths need 5 of these to most likely qualify 8th or thereabouts.
So I'd say odd's on you should be planning a holiday come Sept or picking another team to support, maybe the warriors? - you seem to spend abit of time here.

Good luck mate, souths definetly have passionate fans.

Meth

Staff member

Yeah, but where are we now? And where are you now?

Look, Souths could very well win the game this weekend. As for the finals, I guess we'll see huh?

Last edited: