What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we actually a chance here?

Juju

Juniors
Last year the Warriors came 14th and in the last 5 years the best they've done is 4th in 2007 (coincidently the same year Souths last made the semis).

And whats souths best highest placing in 90s/00s?

No doubt Souths are a proud club, but to deny they ARE the WORST preforming club of the modern era you are in denial. The results speak for themselves...

What will happen when Rusty abandon's ship?

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah, but I can piss further.... at least I used to be able to.

Which seems to summarise where this thread is going.

Juju

Juniors
but jesus their supporters overrate them something chronic.

ANYWAY... think Nemesis proved this statement is true. Best of luck to the bunnies they do have some great things happening on & off the field.
Even though they've done sweet f/a for eons.

Meth

Staff member
Last year the Warriors came 14th and in the last 5 years the best they've done is 4th in 2007 (coincidently the same year Souths last made the semis).

After 15 years, I expected the Warriors to be more successful given that they represent an entire nation, as opposed to Souths who represent 1/9th of Sydney.
However, you've only made 1 GF appearance in that time, so saying that you're "far more successful than Souths" when you still have no chocolates, is a bit of a stretch.

Yeah, because every Kiwi professional Rugby League player plays for the Warriors....:roll:

Meth

Staff member

After 15 years, I expected the Warriors to be more successful given that they represent an entire nation, as opposed to Souths who represent 1/9th of Sydney.
However, you've only made 1 GF appearance in that time, so saying that you're "far more successful than Souths" when you still have no chocolates, is a bit of a stretch.

exactly

Since 1995, when the Warriors were introduced, Souths have made the finals once. Admittedly, you missed a season or two, but that's not a raging success.

Us- we have competed in the finals 5 times, including a minor premiership and a Grand Final appearance. Not a raging success either, but far more successful than Souths at least

Nemesis

Bench
And whats souths best highest placing in 90s/00s?

No doubt Souths are a proud club, but to deny they ARE the WORST preforming club of the modern era you are in denial. The results speak for themselves...

What will happen when Rusty abandon's ship?
I did not deny anything ffs. As you appear to be somewhat mentally challenged, I will repeat this one last time - my OP said that "Souths WERE the least successful club of the modern era"... i.e "WERE", as in past tense.

If you are suggesting that Souths ARE currently the worst performing club of the modern era, you seriously have no idea.

What will happen when Rusty abandon's ship? Souths would continue to thrive in their own right as they have not depended on his financial backing for quite some time now.
Perhaps you can suggest what would happen if any of News Limited, Nick Politis, Scott Penn etc abandoned ship.

Rich102

Staff member
I did not deny anything ffs. As you appear to be somewhat mentally challenged, I will repeat this one last time - my OP said that "Souths WERE the least successful club of the modern era"... i.e "WERE", as in past tense.

If you are suggesting that Souths ARE currently the worst performing club of the modern era, you seriously have no idea.

What will happen when Rusty abandon's ship? Souths would continue to thrive in their own right as they have not depended on his financial backing for quite some time now.
Perhaps you can suggest what would happen if any of News Limited, Nick Politis, Scott Penn etc abandoned ship.

Add to that Eric Watson.

Micistm

Bench
I would've liked us to be more successful...but so does every fan of every team. But I'm happy with this year, after the depressing year that '09 was. In such a tough comp, as long as you're competitive and winning a reasonable share of the games, anything can happen from there. But if you want a scripted finish where you know it's a happy ending, a movies a better bet

ozbash

Referee
he never even went to the moon once.

the same photocopier that was flown into the side of the pentagon was used as the lunar lander in the studio where they were shooting the moon landing.

hey, leave the photo copier out of this, please..:cool:

Juju

Juniors

so Nemessis, which club has the most spoons and least finals campaigns of the last two decades?

:crazy:untill another team "wins" as many spoons or misses as many finals campaigns as Souths, Souths will be the worst preformed club of the modern era. Deadset the on field record says it all
ANYWAY...:crazy:

Do the Warriors have a chance? We're in the hunt and playing ok some maybe. I'm going to the GF so can only dream.

Last edited:

tkr

Juniors
souths may very well beat the warriors this rd. warriors are probably due a loss and bunnies due a win. fair play they have some excellent players but jesus their supporters overrate them something chronic.
facts are the bunnies are the least successful club of the modern era.

I have believed that Souths have been on the verge of some real success for the past 4 or so seasons. A lot of the games they lost were by a small margin and the only thing that was really misssing was some belief in themselves. St George were the other team that was nearly there until last year.

Juju

Juniors
I have believed that Souths have been on the verge of some real success for the past 4 or so seasons. A lot of the games they lost were by a small margin and the only thing that was really misssing was some belief in themselves. St George were the other team that was nearly there until last year.
theres no doubt they have a good squad are doing things really well off the field. fact of the matter is the results of the last 20 years are really poor, no current club has a record that bad.