What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we actually a chance here?

Meth

Staff member
"Facts are that many NRL clubs wish they were in our current position.'' i.e many NRL clubs, not most or all. The overall context of "current postion" I stated as being financial health, membership levels etc. Also, I did not say that we were currently in the top eight... we were up until last week and have been for most of the season, unlike your mob.

You - dope.

You inferred that being in the top 8 was part of your current position. It isn't

Meth

Staff member
Here are some things that happened in the same year the last time Souths actually won a premiership.

The first ever ODI match is played.

A new stock market index called the Nasdaq debuted

Frazier defeated Ali

The nation of Bangladesh was born

Armstrong landed on the moon

You get the idea? Gloating about 20 premierships, the last of which you enjoyed when Nixon was president and the bulk of which you enjoyed pre- World War 2 is getting increasingly weak

Nemesis

Bench
You inferred that being in the top 8 was part of your current position. It isn't
No I didn't infer that at all. My OP said that Souths..
- WERE the least successful club of the modern era.
- currently have more members than any NRL club (over 18,000)
- are currently the most profitable Sydney based NRL club.
- have been in the top eight for most of this season.
- have still won more premierships than any other club.
- since 2006, have been re-building towards becoming the most successful club of the modern era.

Then I concluded by saying that "many NRL clubs wish they were in our current position". So how was I inferring that being in the top 8 was part of Souths current position?

fmd hasn't this thread been hijacked enough already?

Nemesis

Bench
Here are some things that happened in the same year the last time Souths actually won a premiership.

The first ever ODI match is played.

A new stock market index called the Nasdaq debuted

Frazier defeated Ali

The nation of Bangladesh was born

Armstrong landed on the moon

You get the idea? Gloating about 20 premierships, the last of which you enjoyed when Nixon was president and the bulk of which you enjoyed pre- World War 2 is getting increasingly weak
Here are some things that happened in the same year that the Warriors actually won a premiership....

Meth

Staff member
Here are some things that happened in the same year that the Warriors actually won a premiership....

Then again, we haven't been around for over 100 years

We are still in our infancy. In the time that we have been around, we have been far more successful than Souths.

Meth

Staff member
No I didn't infer that at all. My OP said that...?

I don't care what your OP said

In post #88, giving reasons as to why other clubs would want to be in your current position, you reasoned that they would want to be in the top 8.

That simply isn't your current position, is it?

Martli

Coach
You're right

71 was when Armstrong returned

Nope. He resigned from NASA in 1971, his only two trips in to space were Gemini VIII (66) and Apollo XI (69). Apollos XIV and XV were the two missions in 1971.

:p

Somewhat unrelated, but there ya go:lol:

Meth

Staff member
Nope. He resigned from NASA in 1971, his only two trips in to space were Gemini VIII (66) and Apollo XI (69). Apollos XIV and XV were the two missions in 1971.

:p

Somewhat unrelated, but there ya go:lol:

Whose side are you on here? :)

Martli

Coach
Hahaha sorry, I am just a history nut, and have always thought Armstrong only went to the moon once.

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
he never even went to the moon once.

the same photocopier that was flown into the side of the pentagon was used as the lunar lander in the studio where they were shooting the moon landing.

Nemesis

Bench
I don't care what your OP said

In post #88, giving reasons as to why other clubs would want to be in your current position, you reasoned that they would want to be in the top 8.

That simply isn't your current position, is it?
You really are quite tragic aren't you... In post #88 I gave no reasons at all dude. I asked Dr Crane 4 questions. It's now painfully clear why you call yourself "Meth". :crazy:

Nemesis

Bench
Then again, we haven't been around for over 100 years

We are still in our infancy. In the time that we have been around, we have been far more successful than Souths.
Last year the Warriors came 14th and in the last 5 years the best they've done is 4th in 2007 (coincidently the same year Souths last made the semis).

After 15 years, I expected the Warriors to be more successful given that they represent an entire nation, as opposed to Souths who represent 1/9th of Sydney.
However, you've only made 1 GF appearance in that time, so saying that you're "far more successful than Souths" when you still have no chocolates, is a bit of a stretch.