What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arise Sir Russell

ozbash

Referee
The NRL has refused to register the contract of Newcastle recruit Russell Packer in the wake of a late-night incident that led to the prop facing assault charges.
The 24-year-old former Warriors forward was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and failure to leave a licensed premises last week over an alleged incident in Sydney's Martin Place.
Packer was granted conditional bail and will appear in court on January 6.
In October, Packer was released from the final year of his contract to join the Knights on a four-year deal.
In making the decision to knock back Packer's registration, NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle said his organisation had found enough evidence of behavioural breaches.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/9488271/NRL-rejects-prop-Russell-Packers-registration

Micistm

Bench
Well, will it finally sink in for him?

Time to change the attitude and lifestyle, perhaps new start in UK?

Izz

Bench
Well, will it finally sink in for him?

Time to change the attitude and lifestyle, perhaps new start in UK?
All depends what happens with this trial. Especially seeing as the guy he allegedly assaulted ended up in hospital.

TheDMC

Bench
Good call...I once stood in a pub and watched someone trying to bait a liquored Chris Cairns...Chris Cairns of all people, a cricketer of all things. To his credit, as fully liquored as he was- he downed glass and left the place.

Maybe Cairns had learned his lesson from the tour to South Africa where in a bar he took his shirt off and busted out a haka and then got the biff...

vvvrulz

Coach
Damn they don't muck around there.
If it was NZ it would have been community service at worst.

Good to see because he deserves it.

spear tackle

Juniors
Damn they don't muck around there.
If it was NZ it would have been community service at worst.

Good to see because he deserves it.

Thats probably why he looked stunned when he got his sentance dished out.
Sorry to say no ones fault but his own.

Izz

Bench
Can't say i was surprised to see him get jail-time. I also won't be surprised if the sentence is drastically reduced on appeal.

Deserves 2 years at least, but when a guy can punch and kill a guy (Thomas Kelly)and get min 4 years max 6 years, if Rusty get a good appeal lawyer he will walking with a good behaviour bond, which probably means jail time down the track!

vvvrulz

Coach
I remember a case in New Zealand where a guy attacked and killed a man out of road rage, got manslaughter charges and was out in two years. This country is hopeless like that.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
When you stomp in the head of a motionless person you're intending to do maximum damage. Hope he is forced to serve every minute of that sentence although I'm sure he won't.

Hope our boys keep quiet on Twitter. FPN and Godinet have already had a say, and it makes them look like idiots.

One Warrior

Bench
The club definitely got rid of him at the right time, deserves the jail time, what he did was a total scum act, stupid idiot.