What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharknows

Bench
That isn't the outcome your Club wants. If players take the plea, they will be admitting to cheating.

If that is unwittingly, who do you think they will go after to save face?

The Club. And they will win. WHich means Cronulla lose - in the biggest possible way.

One bloke rolls over...................................and BOOM!

Ronnie my feeling is that they just want this over & done with now. Surely they've proved the point and probably done all they can to keep the sport clean. I couldn't really see that they would be trying to destroy a club or the game......but I could be wrong. The scary part of it all is even if they do accept the deal there is still the risk of WADA sticking their nose in afterwards.

carcharias

Immortal
ASADA have plenty of evidence. Not a smoking gun, as such, but they likely don't need that under the WADA code.

The delay in getting it to here has been Public Service lawyers bullet proofing the thing. The investigators were confident before last Christmas that they were ready to go.

Like I said
as if 17 players would all take this stuff knowing it was banned.

or not approved..what ever the f**k that means

shaggs

Coach
I still don't understand why a sports scientist would recommend the use of peptides anyway. They have no bang for their buck. They are useless unless administered properly. In the sharks case they weren't. Should just spent the money on pharma grade HGH instead.

Feej

First Grade
ASADA 3 - 2 - 1

3. Dank - Brought the shit to the party
2. Elkin - (allegedly) Supported Dank in his doings and tried to keep it secret.
1. Phlemmo - Presided over all of it, and played the 'dumb' card. Don't trust this merkin at all

Flanagan.
he shouldnt be at the club next year.

ironic if all of irvines cost cutting end up f**king us cos there were no staff and slipshod shit went down.

that development will look good without the footy team.

f**king sharks.

Boo

Feej

First Grade
Flanagan.
he shouldnt be at the club next year.

ironic if all of irvines cost cutting end up f**king us cos there were no staff and slipshod shit went down.

that development will look good without the footy team.

f**king sharks.

Boo

Yep. No reason for the developers to step in and help us out again. If the club falls over, they get room for more apartments in a fire sale.

Vin Fizz

Bench
That isn't the outcome your Club wants. If players take the plea, they will be admitting to cheating. If that is unwittingly, who do you think they will go after to save face? The Club. And they will win. WHich means Cronulla lose - in the biggest possible way. One bloke rolls over...................................and BOOM!

Its a fair point you raise Ronnie but i'm not so convinced about that. It relates to Carchs point as well, in that 17 players wouldn't knowingly take a banned substance. Lets spin that 180 and see where it goes as follows; As a sportsman who has been given a substance recommended by the club, and I am FULLY AWARE, of the stakes involved in taking substances have I made myself as aware as I can possibly be that that the substance is ok? Now if you answer no but I trusted the club to do the same, why cant the club use the same excuse and blame say Elkin for example? Maybe the ASADA / WADA code isn't clear. If they went to court this would not be cut and dried. Let alone the arguments about the legitimacy of the investigation.

Last edited:

SharkShocked

Bench
ASADA have plenty of evidence. Not a smoking gun, as such, but they likely don't need that under the WADA code.

The delay in getting it to here has been Public Service lawyers bullet proofing the thing. The investigators were confident before last Christmas that they were ready to go.

If this were truly the case they wouldn't have submitted it to the judge to ensure they had enough to proceed.

More unsubstantiated crap... zzzzz

millersnose

Post Whore
That isn't the outcome your Club wants. If players take the plea, they will be admitting to cheating.

If that is unwittingly, who do you think they will go after to save face?

The Club. And they will win. WHich means Cronulla lose - in the biggest possible way.

One bloke rolls over...................................and BOOM!

The potential elephant in the room
What if the real target is not some players

Feej

First Grade
h1EFD8379

carcharias

Immortal
he probably didn't know
seriously .
He was probably oblivious to it all.. like everyone.

He may have known after the fact ...

drago brelli

Bench
Lawyer up. Say nothing.
I wonder if the players named in this will 'lawyer up'....lawyers would love it. They should take the reduced bans. Then again I thought ASADA and WADA did not do deals. If they contest the bans it will drag on for a few years and all of the players named will be retired. The Cronulla club will suffer financially.

carcharias

Immortal
I reckon' he must have known in some way. I don't trust him.

really?

You reckon he tricked all 17 blokes into taking a banned/unapproved substances?
All while he was only in his first few months of his 1st gig as head coach?

really?

He knew shit.
Elkin probably knew shit as well.

Dank bullshitted his way in knowing we would jump at the chance to have a free supplements guru on board.
After all he'd been at Manly for 4 years and was cleared of that cows blood stuff and they won a comp etc.
Why wouldn't blokes like Flano and Elkin be coerced.

Irvine did us no favours in hindsight either by blabbing to f**khead and culling half the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts