What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallatia

Referee
I'm in a spot of bother at the moment, as a girl I hooked up with on a holiday a month ago is coming to Australia and said she could stay with me for a week or so (seemed like a good idea at the time). She will actually be here at the beginning of January, so there is basically no backing out of this. In the mean time, there's a cute girl at the coffee shop around the corner from where I work who has taken a bit of a shine to me (which is a fair effort on her behalf, very little to work with on this end. Guess it's like a project to fix ;-) ), and I got to say I have a soft spot for her. Really nice, down to earth girl. Now, I'm up the creek!

HELP!!!
Your problem is slightly more complex than Shorty's, I say pursue coffee shop girl and see what happens. You have a month til the beginning of January and just reassess closer to the time to see what to do about holiday girl.

Didgi

SG'sL I had a bit of a paragraph of my amateur ideas but that got wiped, in essence coffee shop girl wouldn't think twice if you were not around around New Years, then get in there bro when holiday girl leaves.

SG'sL I had a bit of a paragraph of my amateur ideas but that got wiped, in essence coffee shop girl wouldn't think twice if you were not around around New Years, then get in there bro when holiday girl leaves.

Fair enough, that was my original plan, but I'm not going to put the brakes on chasing this girl just because someone I had a fling with is turning up. I do have a spare bedroom here as well as a futon.

Your problem is slightly more complex than Shorty's, I say pursue coffee shop girl and see what happens. You have a month til the beginning of January and just reassess closer to the time to see what to do about holiday girl.

That was the plan as it stands. Although she is someone who is going to take a lot of effort to go from fancying to girlfriend.

Hallatia

Referee
it sounds to me like you think she (coffee girl) is worth it, so I say go for it. If it works out, perfect, you have her and you can just tell the other girl and put her in the spare bedroom. If not, you have t he other girl to something something.

Shorty

Staff member
Oh they're around, but they're usually slightly nuts.
I think you think the same as me, Pete!
I dunno I'll think about hanging out with her tonight, but really....I think I should leave well enough alone!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
no reason why you guys cant just hang out and have some fun and see what develops

it maybe nothing but it maybe something, this is sometimes how relationships start

also no need to assume she wants to plough the south fourty, maybe she may just want to see if anything develops as well

Joker's Wild

Coach
DKOR is a very wise man

You young fellas would do well to listen to him re: your female friends while you are single. They wont be around when you get into a relationship and honestly, you more than likely wont want them to be.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Girls are fkd. That is all.

Guys are just as f**ked.

"We don't like a tease but we like the chase. Some girls dress skimpily and they're sexy, other girls do it and they're skanks. Oh I'm going to try to be friends with a girl, she has a boyfriend now she's a lying a skank and I hate her."

You guys are so much worse than girls when it comes to relationships.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Guys are just as f**ked.

"We don't like a tease but we like the chase. Some girls dress skimpily and they're sexy, other girls do it and they're skanks. Oh I'm going to try to be friends with a girl, she has a boyfriend now she's a lying a skank and I hate her."

maybe you should join Shorty's team

Cliffhanger

Coach
Guys are also stupid. If a girl doesn't respond to 30 of your texts and several of your calls. You're barking up the wrong tree and need to f**k off.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Guys are just as f**ked.

Bullshit. Least we don't play games :)

Cliffhanger

Coach
Bullshit. Least we don't play games :)

You're wrong, a lot of guys play games when they like a girl. Also most guys like the games and think you're too easy if you don't play them. 90 per cent of guys will be put off a girl if she's just straight forward with what she wants and doesn't make them work hard.

As I said guys are f**ken idiots.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Guys play games heaps with girls. All my friends did with their girls. They did the whole "These are my friends I hang out with them you have to win me over then I hang out with you instead". Guys can be dicks in a relationship or when developing to a relationship.

I've seen several of my female friends get torn apart by asshole boyfriends who play hard to get, over-cockiness, being plain dicks or the general other relationship shit.

Yes in a way guys look at girls as "Crazy" but they are different to us emotionally they are built differently that's why we look at them that way. It's like each person different so we say they're crazy. A girl can be affectionate, romantics, bubbly and clincgy and suddenly shes "crazy". It's a joke if you ask me. Just because the girl is putting in effort and the guy gets the mindset "I have her now so whatever". Then when she acts that way he bounces "OMG, She's crazy give me some breathing room".

And Cliffy. Not all guys are idiots. Just gotta find the "decent" guys with their heads screwed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts