What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkungl

Immortal
Shorty....from very recent personal experience...if you don't think there's anything there, there probably isn't

Big Pete

Referee
Their friendship.

Stick to your guns Shorts. If you're not feeling it then you best let it be.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't use girls for sex, DKOR, especially not a close friend lol.
But I have no idea what to say, I'm genuinely shocked....and I need to be careful because she isn't going to be happy!

Cliffhanger

Coach
Oh man....a mate likes me...and I'm unsure I like her back...actually I probably don't...but I send her a text asking what she's doing tomorrow night 'YOU please:)' sigh lol what the f**k do I say?!
Give it a chance.

I think too often we are guilty of pigeon holing people because they don't fit all the criteria we set for our ideal partner. We end up taking for granted the people who really make us happy because we cannot tick off everything on the check list.

Big Pete

Referee
She's testing you Shorty.

Just laugh it off and defer the rejection until later. If you don't like her, don't do it to make her happy and on the flipside don't give that sms a serious answer either otherwise you're just going to humiliate her.

I disagree with those suggesting they should give it a shot regardless. Even if there are genuine feelings that transition from friendship to relationship is bloody difficult & if things go awry the results can be terrible.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Give it a chance.

I think too often we are guilty of pigeon holing people because they don't fit all the criteria we set for our ideal partner. We end up taking for granted the people who really make us happy because we cannot tick off everything on the check list.

I thought the same thing. But...someone can be attractive, and awesome, and tick all the boxes, and there still can be something missing. If there's no feeling or spark or whatever you want to call it, it won't work (for me anyway)

Cliffhanger

Coach
I thought the same thing. But...someone can be attractive, and awesome, and tick all the boxes, and there still can be something missing. If there's no feeling or spark or whatever you want to call it, it won't work (for me anyway)
What I was saying about the criteria is we chase it even when the person who fits it doesn't make us happy.

Also we often don't allow a spark to develop because we have preconceived ideas about who's right for us.

Cliffhanger

Coach
She's testing you Shorty.

Just laugh it off and defer the rejection until later. If you don't like her, don't do it to make her happy and on the flipside don't give that sms a serious answer either otherwise you're just going to humiliate her.

I disagree with those suggesting they should give it a shot regardless. Even if there are genuine feelings that transition from friendship to relationship is bloody difficult & if things go awry the results can be terrible.

Life is all about risk BP. If you're not willing to take risks you'll never make most of life.

Big Pete

Referee
She doesn't like her though.

She shouldn't take that sort of risk if there aren't genuine feelings involved. It's just asking for trouble.

Shorty

Staff member
Some of you boys lol....I can't do that...and not to her.
I'm fine to do that with girls I don't have a deep friendships with but yeah.....and I dunno I'm the type of person that I either feel it almost immediately (crazy I know) or I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts