What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogslife

Coach
I just cheap humour. To be honest what bugs me is not the show, but the fact a show like Big Bang goes so well with the rating and will have a billion seasons while a show like Community is at risk of getting cancelled.

Definitely right. I'd even throw Arrested Development in there. One of the funniest shows of all time, only gets 3 seasons

Big Pete

Referee
I don't know about you guys but I'd rather quality shows like Arrested Development finish early than go beyond their expirey date and leave a bad impression.

AD was already showing signs. The last season was still very enjoyable but wasn't as good as previous seasons and even the writers knew that. In the end, it wrapped up quite nicely.

EDIT: Always Sunny is a difficult show to market and would be a difficult show to air before 9pm.

Big Pete

Referee
I've only seen the first five seasons but it seemed to be getting better and better. Did it peak after five?

dogslife

Coach
Season 4 and 5 were probably my favourites. Season 6 and 7 have gone downhill, but as Cliffy said the show still has it's moments. I love Philly, it reminds me so much of Seinfeld, it's just a lot cruder :D

the dude

Juniors
Arrested Development is great, if you haven't already watch it from the start.. Give it 5 episodes and I'm positive it will grow on you.. Awesome show because it never got the ratings it deserved and therefore never jumped the shark, only lasted 3 seasons.

Big Pete

Referee
Yep.

AD is made for marathon viewing. You can't really miss too many episodes out of order otherwise you won't get the jokes and sometimes the episodes get funnier upon repeat viewings.

Season 3 was a bit silly. But they were getting desperate.

Hallatia

Referee
I'm not sure I've ever seen Sheldon's mother but it seems like Big Bang Theory is a full on Roseanne reunion show haha.

adamkungl

Immortal
Big Bang is consistently funnier over a longer time than Community. Community dropped badly after season 1. Deal with it bitches

Cliffhanger

Coach
Not really, the style of humour in Big Bang lost me early. It's not an intelligent show in any many of the term. It's not the least bit creative.

Community is way more creative, the characters are much better thought out than the ones in Big Bang. Even season two of community was funnier than Big Bang when it peaked.

Shorty

Staff member
Big Bang is consistently funnier over a longer time than Community. Community dropped badly after season 1. Deal with it bitches
It's because it's the same sort of joke over and over.
And when you know what Sheldon is talking about repeatedly, it loses it's appeal.

I love Arrested Development....Tobias is my favourite!
You guys ever watched 'Parks and Recreation'? I'd recommend that one too, it's got the chick from the Office in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.