What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn Canberra Soccer/football Fans

woodgers

Bench
Guys

It was announced yesterday that Sydney FC will play Newcastle Jets at Canberra Stadium in July. As part of this Capital Football are looking for numbers to turn up in support, if they are successful then they will look to the ACT government to help back a bid for our own side in the A League. The ACT Government already back the Kangaroos in the AFL.

This is more or less a plea from myself and other Football fans to get to that game. If you involved with a club then encourage others to go and stress the importance of it, I know I will be.

This is our chance. Canberra needs a side. If you have been to any local Premier League matches or even the Blue Devils then you will know that some real quality players come out of this town. They need somewhere to go besides NSWPL and this is it.

Get to the game and bring all your mates!

Copa

Bench
I used to attend Blue Devils games.... good god their little stadium could get cold.

I'll be there, the last national league 'standard' match I saw was when the Cosmos got dominated (*shock Horror*) 3-0 by those Glory w*nkers...

Raider Azz

Bench
ill be there.

kinda silly that they schedled it for a weekend when the raiders are playing at home though.

sydraider

First Grade
I might come down and make a weekend out of this, I'll have some leave up my sleeves and by then the guys missing from my work due to procreating will be back.
Will be good to catch two sporting events in the one weekend in canberra!

we have a date and time....

FFA said:
RD 2 FIXTURE – Fri 21 Jul to Sun 23 Jul VENUE LOCAL
KICK-OFF AEST
KICK-OFF
Sat 22 Jul 06 Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets FC Bruce Stadium, Canberra 2.00 pm 2.00 pm
Sat 22 Jul 06 Queensland Roar FC vs New Zealand Knights FC Maroochydore Soccer Club, Sunshine Coast 7.00 pm 7.00 pm
Sat 22 Jul 06 Central Coast Mariners FC vs Adelaide United FC Wade Park, Orange 3:00 pm 3:00 pm
Sat 22 Jul 06 Perth Glory FC vs Melbourne Victory FC Clipsal Stadium, Inglewood 7:00 pm 9:00 pm
Really thought they should have gone for a later kick off, sat night would have drawn a bigger crowd IMO..

Raider Azz

Bench
sat arvo, that blows. i'll probably have to work. i agree with you that it should have been later schifty.

woodgers

Bench
2PM on a Saturday arvo?

That is doomed to fail. All the football lovers have their own commitments. I just checked my draw and it is a full round (round 12) that day. Even the ones who love the game but don't play will most likely be coaching or something.

This blows big time. No thought by the FFA here and I wouldn't go too far to say that the FFA wants this to be a low crowd.

woodgers

Bench
If anyone has been living under a rock or is coming to Canberra for the game on Sunday, this match is on at Canberra Stadium tomorrow. Sydney vs Newcastle at 2pm, Deakin vs Olympic at 11am I think. Every person that can get along will be vital to us getting our own A League team. Hope a few of you guys can make it.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yeh, try and get there early as well. The curtin raiser should be a top game between two of the best teams in the local comp.