What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs Pakistan - VB Series (SCG) Game 5

Mr Saab

Referee
sullyfan said:
Charlie Saab said:
Lara batted WI out of any chance of winning.
Cricket is about winning, not padding your stats.
I hope Clarke is "proud" of his 1st 100 in sydney when he looks back at it in 20 yrs.
I would be embarrised.

Given Clarkey's strike rate last night, he's got nothing to be embarrassed about. We're seeing a champion at his very best. :clap:

what? like brett lee was declared the next great white hope in bowling and now he cant even crack the test team.
One summer doesnt make a career

NPK

Bench
If they risked losing the game by letting Clarke get his hundred then your argument would actually make sense Charlie Saab.

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
I agree with Charlie Saab and Azkatro 100%.

Cricket is a team game...

It's not going to happen, but I hope Australia miss out on the finals due to run rate.

If I was a Pakistani bowler, I would have bowled 4 wides to stuff Clarke up. If the Ponting and Clarke want to have their own mini game...the Pakis should have tried to win that. Clarkey's hundred should have an asterisk next to it.

Bill Lawry once declared with Rod Marsh on 92.

Now I know why I hate the Aussie cricket team...bunch of big-headed pricks.

"Go di Paki's"

"Go da Windies, mun"

NPK

Bench
Mighty Dragon said:

It's not going to happen, but I hope Australia miss out on the finals due to run rate.

If I was a Pakistani bowler, I would have bowled 4 wides to stuff Clarke up. If the Ponting and Clarke want to have their own mini game...the Pakis should have tried to win that. Clarkey's hundred should have an asterisk next to it.

"Go di Paki's"

"Go da Windies, mun"

Bowling 4 wides deliberately would be much worse sportsmanship than what Clarke and Ponting did.

wittyfan

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
sullyfan said:
Charlie Saab said:
Lara batted WI out of any chance of winning.
Cricket is about winning, not padding your stats.
I hope Clarke is "proud" of his 1st 100 in sydney when he looks back at it in 20 yrs.
I would be embarrised.

Given Clarkey's strike rate last night, he's got nothing to be embarrassed about. We're seeing a champion at his very best. :clap:

what? like brett lee was declared the next great white hope in bowling and now he cant even crack the test team.
One summer doesnt make a career

Brett Lee unfortunately got injured in Sri Lanka and lost his place to Kasprowicz who has been bowling well enough to retain his place.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mighty Dragon said:
The Aussies treated the game as a joke...Why can't the Paki's stick back up their arse.

Good point, but they did it bacuse they can

There should not be such a huge gap between the Aussies and other VB series teams to let such a thing happen.

Personally I dont have a problem with it, but Pakistan should have done something about it.

To be powerless to stop it is admitting to being outclassed.

Not good for world cricket.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mighty Dragon said:

"Go di Paki's"

"Go da Windies, mun"

you think if it were Pakistan, West Indies or any other country they wouldn't of done the same thing?

Fair dinkum :roll:

sanjane

Juniors
Twizzle said:
Sanjane said:
inzamam bowls left arm orthodox. Get your facts right..bTW, hes prob better than pie chucker Lehmann...But Clarke was lucky...You cant even buy that luck in cricket..He's got it though and Harper is even worse than Asoka de Silva...Officially
And your basing this statement on one desision Harper made, as against Asoka De Silva's career of consistently making mistakes.

One decision....Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..yeah, ive only seen harps make one incorrect decision.

all is based on one decision for you isnt it, Twiz?

sanjane

Juniors
I dont understand all this ridiculous talk about Clarke-Ponting crap. Clarke didnt deserve the 100 (he shouldve been out 2 or 3 times atleast). But, when a game is won, players have EVERY right to go for personal milestones.

This helps AUS more than a simple win wouldve because your new shining light, with huge slices of luck, was able to score a century opening for the 2nd time.

An extra century makes a huge difference- read Mark Taylors autobiography

fish eel

Immortal
To be powerless to stop it is admitting to being outclassed.

Not good for world cricket.

Pakistan will struggle for the rest of the VB series, they're basically got a Pakistan 'A' side bowling attack now.

Latest posts