What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Idol Winner 2006.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Please SMS Lisa to 19 10 10.

We all need to hear Lisa sing next week. She will get a touchdown with her guitar in hand!

Crusher

Coach
if she doesn;t she'll be sorry.

Her problem is she has no versatility whatsoever and her screach is become annoying.

NPK

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Please SMS Lisa to 19 10 10.

We all need to hear Lisa sing next week. She will get a touchdown with her guitar in hand!
Let's see if she can play more than just a few chords hey?

Parki

Bench
the irish dude was terrible
and i dont know what the judges were on, but bobby flynns version of "superfreak" was the worst thing i have ever heard, ever

if I was rick james, id be getting on a plane, coming to australia, and id be beating the sh*t out of bobby for that

terrible, terrible performance

Parra Guru

Coach
She has potential but has no confidence in front of an audience. I get the impression she was pushed to try out for the competition. Although at least she did try to sing the song properly.

It's really p*ssing me off that Bobby gets away with changing the song to suit his voice when all of the other guys stick with the theme. They were a bit harsh on Damien I thought, but Bobby seems to be immune to criticism.

I think Lisa will go tonight.

Parra Guru

Coach
Parki said:
the irish dude was terrible
and i dont know what the judges were on, but bobby flynns version of "superfreak" was the worst thing i have ever heard, ever

if I was rick james, id be getting on a plane, coming to australia, and id be beating the sh*t out of bobby for that

terrible, terrible performance

:lol: I have to agree it was terrible and the guy looked like a freakin weirdo jumping around in those tight clothes too

Parki

Bench
this competition is ultimately about popularity, and who will sell records

who the f**k is going to buy "bobby flynn sings stupid weirdo songs in the key of crap?"

alternate weirdos who think its cool.... thats about it IMO

cheese

Bench
Bobby Flynn is a musicians musician. The teeny boppers and metal heads who dont like it can get farked as far as im concerned. With the top 40 sh*t that you get spoon fed daily you were never going to "get" it. He phrases like a jazz musician, and puts thought into every note he sings ...most of the other hacks just mimic.

I dont want Bobby to win. He's to good to win. He'll make it regardless.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Bobby wins dead set this comp is a joke! No-one will buy his music! The winners basically have to be gorgeous and can sing. That is what SELLS albums FFS! Dean should sell well, so should lisa in terms of potential, and so should ricky. The others will struggle to sell albums big time.

Disco

Bench
Bobby can do no wrong in my eyes..........he is absolutly f*cking sensational and whilst i've been a fan of all Idol series, he is probably the only contestent i'd buy a c'd from

(and those who complain about him not singing a disco song disco style are morons, lisa and Damien are both extremely talented and both showed how stupid you can look when you sing from a dead genre that is out of your comfort zone)

i'd like to see Lavina and Ricky go over the next two weeks, then in my eyes the real compitition will have started

Lavina is good, but every time she's on i'm just like.....eh
Ricky never has a shocker but will never get a touchdown, middle of the road

then there would be 5 geniune contenders in my eyes, who shape up like this

Dean - Probably the weakest singer left, but also the favourite to win it, all that cutsie flippin on stage sh*t in the way he should go.......teenage girls (and wiitysfan) lap that stuff up

Jessica - Looking fairly solid at the moment, good voice.....fits the idol style

Lisa - Needs to dominate on guitar night, because she has been living of the reputation she earned in the early stages for to long, that said, i love her style and voice and would like her to win it

Damien - Mum's would love him, he's charming with a spectacular voice, in with a great chance

Bobby - Easily the best of the lot, hopefully he doesn't win so he doesn't have to spew out a crappy two-week CD

all in all i think the best three are - Bobby, Lisa and Damien

Tho the likely top 3 are - Dean, Jess and Damien

Disco

Bench
Firstly after reading the last few pages i just want to say, i like Lisa, but she is too young for me to find her attractive, i simply like her style and voice

secondly i forgot Chris murphy, he is also a contender, everytime i see him he is up there with the best, my problem with him tho, is that i'm always forgetting him......don't really know why either

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tend to agree with you Disco. Lisa needs to get through tonight and then dead set dominate on guitar night to win the thing. I don't rate Damien much though. Can't see him being top 3.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Disco said:
Firstly after reading the last few pages i just want to say, i like Lisa, but she is too young for me to find her attractive, i simply like her style and voice

I like her style and her looks. She is a dead set stunning looking singer on stage!:cool:

Disco

Bench
and i know its ironic considering my name, but god Disco is a crap theme night, why get them to sing from a dead genre that none of them will go on to sing if they win..........its a waste of a night, at least if they did something like RnB it would be relevant

Parra Guru

Coach
Disco I agree with your analysis, except for Bobby, but I'm really not a fan of his style anyway.

I think Lavina is just really making up the numbers.

Parra Guru

Coach
Disco said:
and i know its ironic considering my name, but god Disco is a crap theme night, why get them to sing from a dead genre that none of them will go on to sing if they win..........its a waste of a night, at least if they did something like RnB it would be relevant

I agree. It was sh*t. The only performer it suited was Ricky IMO.

Latest posts