What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Idol Winner 2006.

Crusher

Coach
Don't forget...U2 sang Dancing Queen live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never know..one of them might play in front of a few thousand fans and throw a disco number in for a bit of fun.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Both of the ones you have named are BANDS! Face it Crush, none of them will go into disco! Hence the reason it is a really dumb genre for this type of show.

Crusher

Coach
don't disagree locky..but I believe the show does it so that people like us talk about it.

If they sang their own stuff every week we'd quickly get bored.

PS; Robbie Williams - shake your groove thing live.

Also songs like Play that funky music could be a fit for any artist - especially pop and r&B

lockyno1

Post Whore
Crusher said:
don't disagree locky..but I believe the show does it so that people like us talk about it.

If they sang their own stuff every week we'd quickly get bored.

PS; Robbie Williams - shake your grrove thing live

I never said do that. I still think you need theme nights but I beleive in doing it say you have 10 theme nights (makes it easier for me) like this:

- no 1 hits
- one hit wonders
-90's
-00's
-80's
-70's
-60's
- acrostic night (instrument)
- duet night
- your choice night.

That is a fairer range of songs. It gives the Idol's more choice and lets them perform to the best of their ability!:D

Crusher

Coach
I think you should include Jazz/Sinatra etc

Thats a great style for young artists to learn from Ie: Breathing, syncopation, etc etc etc.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fair enough and I only made it 10 weeks. In reality there are 11 weeks plus the final week (which is a song of their choice week anyway).

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
In Rockstar Supernova, the eventual runner-up was forced to sing Cyndi Lauper, but she changed it enough to make it work... lcoky if lisa cant do that then :arrow:

lockyno1

Post Whore
It depends Crush. I want her to win as it is a good thing to win a competition, HOWEVER for her career it would be best if she does not win. The song style would not suit her one bit.

wittyfan

Referee
Dean chilling out:

Dean_Geyer.jpg

Latest posts