What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Side Announced

Hunt was not next in line, he was picked purely for combi with Lockyer. Bowen was certainly playing better than Hunt as he almost always is, Hunt only made it cos he wears a Broncos jersey. He has not 'run with it', he hasn't created anything spectacular at Test level, just a few solid performances, and regardless, the Australian team only ever gets to play sub-par teams. Playing well for Australia in the past should not be reason for getting selected again all you idiot Tate lovers, most wingers from your local club that play at 12 on a Saturday and then head to the pub to watch the NRL would look good on the end of some of the Aussie backlines we have had in the last 20 years. Selection has to be based on what a player is doing now for his club, not what he has done with a group of superstars roughing up the mediocre opposition for him. Send Hunt back to Kiwiville, lets pick Aussies in the Australian team.

Mr Saab said:
Lets see shall we...

*8/10 performance in origin 2
*Minichiello out for the yr....Hodgson also injured.
*Played in the GF winning team
* Combination with Lockyer....that will prob pi$$ you off as a reason (care factor none) but thats fact.

Not real bright...or avoiding the question.
once again .What did cutie do to earn his rep jersey in last yrs Anzac test?

*8/10 performance in origin 2. that was after the test
*Minichiello out for the yr....Hodgson also injured. Mini out but Bowen & Hodgson were in far better form
*Played in the GF winning team. 6months after the test

So what had he done to earn a spot in the test team?

Mr Saab

Referee
Not really.
Not even close to 1999 when they started 1 win 8 losses and a draw.
2005 losing their last 7
2003 losing their last 8

Mr Saab

Referee
You can all whinge and cry, but why dont you voice your concerns to the ARL.
You are debating with me and i cant do shyte about it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Sack the refs and media said:
Hunt only made it cos he wears a Broncos jersey.

Yeah cause coach Ricky Stuart and the selectors are massive broncos fans.
Bozo Fulton just loves the Broncos doesnt he
:roll:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Tate :crazy:
Lyon :roll:
Simpson :shock:

no Price? :fist:

Tupou has been playing well, he was outstanding against the broncs

not sure if Kings done much in a while either. They would have been better with Hunt or Bowen on the wing ahead of tate...even slater or merritt....

Steve Price should take legal action against them, seriously, he is the best prop, the most consistent prop and the most reliable prop going around by a long long way.

yosh64

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
I think it's perfectly obvious that Price should be in the side. My take is that Stuart more or less retired Price from international football before last year's tri-nations, because he clearly should have been in the team (starting line-up) last year as well. It's so obvious it's basically a non-argument. Basically I think Stuart has decided Price is too old and he's never going to pick him again, end of story.

Tate and Lyon shouldnt be playing. Price is good enough to but good arrogance by Stuart when talking about players that missed out... you know your picking an australian team when you cant pick the likes of o'mealy, bowen, buderus, etc.

Clearly we will smash you NZ'ers as we have such an abundance of talent! Haha, cant wait.

Charlie124

First Grade
CharlieF said:
Wasn't it about this time last year when the Cows started to slide down the ladder?

No. we won our first 6 last year. Although its nice to be so high up the ladder this early and have some breathing room.

CharlieF said:
]And didn't it also start with the Warriors last year as well.

No. We didnt play the Warriors until round 23 last year, nice research :lol: :roll:

CharlieF said:
I hope Bowen doesn't have a dummy spit again, especially when the SOO team is named.

What dummy spit?, all he has done is admit that he was dissapointed in missing out.

Azkatro

First Grade
dazza62 said:
Not real bright...or avoiding the question.
once again .What did cutie do to earn his rep jersey in last yrs Anzac test?

*8/10 performance in origin 2. that was after the test
*Minichiello out for the yr....Hodgson also injured. Mini out but Bowen & Hodgson were in far better form
*Played in the GF winning team. 6months after the test

So what had he done to earn a spot in the test team?
Don't try too hard. Hunt was a bolter in the 06 Anzac test, the only way selectors could ever know he would be able to handle it was to take a chance on him. Despite the fact that Bowen had Origin experience at the time and was in arguably better form.

When Bowen was first selected in Origin in 2003 he went up another notch at club level. The irony is that selecting him in an Australian jersey would most likely give him yet another confidence boost and he would go from strength to strength.

But in 2006 for whatever reason they decided to give Hunt the opportunity who got a confidence boost, and selection for QLD as a result. As a consequence Hunt will have to play himself out of a test jersey.

While Saab may well agree he will never sympathise, so don't expect him to.

harmichael

Juniors
Honestly everyone keeps saying cutie makes the test side on the back of his combination with lockyer. Can someone name me one fullback in the NRL who can't run that second man play?

wittyfan

Referee
:lol:

Mason has *allegedly* verbally abused a female journalist from 2GB at Sydney Airport.

Andrew Moore has just let fly on air. :lol:

CharlieF

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
No. we won our first 6 last year. Although its nice to be so high up the ladder this early and have some breathing room.

No. We didnt play the Warriors until round 23 last year, nice research :lol: :roll:

What dummy spit?, all he has done is admit that he was dissapointed in missing out.

I was only joking. I'm sure the Cowboys didn't slide down the ladder so fast last year just because Bowen had a dummy spit.

wittyfan

Referee
Not sure, but she got it all on tape.

He apparently yelled loudly "I'm not talking to YOU". And it was quite bad, she was in tears.

Azkatro said:
Don't try too hard. Hunt was a bolter in the 06 Anzac test, the only way selectors could ever know he would be able to handle it was to take a chance on him. Despite the fact that Bowen had Origin experience at the time and was in arguably better form.

When Bowen was first selected in Origin in 2003 he went up another notch at club level. The irony is that selecting him in an Australian jersey would most likely give him yet another confidence boost and he would go from strength to strength.

But in 2006 for whatever reason they decided to give Hunt the opportunity who got a confidence boost, and selection for QLD as a result. As a consequence Hunt will have to play himself out of a test jersey.

While Saab may well agree he will never sympathise, so don't expect him to.
Well when he gets on here telling people who complain that certain players are in form & deserve a spot in the team .....He tells them you have to earn a rep jersey..
I asked a simple question that he cannot answer.Simply because cutie did not earn his spot in last yrs team .