What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B Morris To South Sydney

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Who's he playing with under Souths ? Who's the new coach ?

Mary shouldnt have been re-signed, but BMoz would play under Steve Price if the Price was right.

Its $$$ and nothing else.

Anthony Seibold is the new Souths' coach.

Of course renumeration plays its part, but I simply don't believe Morris got on with McGregor.

And you're right, I also believe Morris would've stayed if Price had been successful.

grouch

First Grade
He'd be a great pickup for that young Souths side. A back three of Inglis-Johnston-Morris is pretty impressive. Still a great finisher and a tremendous asset on kick returns. They have some absolute gun youngsters in that forward pack who started to look at home in FG towards the end of the year, and with Walker-Reynolds halves the new coach has a team on the way up. Interesting to see how they go.

For all this talk of him being "past it"... he played State of origin again this year.. and in 2016 despite missing half the season injured he still scored 10 tries - which would have made him equal top tryscorer at the Dragons!

He never kissed their badge. He's a St George premiership legend for life. Good luck to him.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Has he signed for Souths yet or is it just a rumour? The scum tapped him up so he can get out of his last season at the Dragons, then pi$$ed him off when he got a few injuries.

Sad way to end his career. Will always be remembered as a legend at Saints and as a number at the scum. And some say they are "THE FAMILY" club.

mickeylane

Bench
Reported on Zero tackle - B Morris is off to the Rabbits on a reported 700k p/a deal.

https://www.leagueunlimited.com/brett-morris-set-south-sydney-stint-29526/

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldog’s winger Brett Morris appears set for a move to Redfern as the Dogs continue to clean out their salary cap, clearing the way for recruits Keiren Foran and Aaron Woods.

Morris debuted for the St. George Illawarra Dragons in 2006, playing 169 games across a nine-year career in the Red V, before switching to Canterbury for the 2015 season. During his three years in the blue and white, injury has plagued the winger, only taking the field for 45 out of a potential 75 games.

Reportedly on $700,000 next year, the Bulldogs are desperate to clear the decks to squeeze in key recruits, Foran and Woods. While they’ve already allowed the exit of fan favourites James Graham, Josh Reynolds and Sam Kasiano, as well as releasing Craig Garvey, Tyrone Phillips and Michael Lichaa, they still remain over the cap.

The exit of Morris to the Rabbitohs would benefit both parties, freeing up the Bulldogs salary cap while also bolstering the Bunnies’ backline.

Reportedly on $700,000 next year, the Bulldogs are desperate to clear the decks to squeeze in key recruits, Foran and Woods. While they’ve already allowed the exit of fan favourites James Graham, Josh Reynolds and Sam Kasiano, as well as releasing Craig Garvey, Tyrone Phillips and Michael Lichaa, they still remain over the cap.

The exit of Morris to the Rabbitohs would benefit both parties, freeing up the Bulldogs salary cap while also bolstering the Bunnies’ backline.

South Sydney are desperate for quality outside backs. Since winning the 2014 NRL Premiership, the likes of Lote Tuqiri, Dylan Walker, Aaron Gray, Bryson Goodwin, Kirisome Auva’a, Joel Reddy, Dane Nielsen, Nathan Merritt and Beau Champion. They’ve barely signed anyone in the past few years, focusing on junior development instead of recruitment.

It appears new head coach Anthony Seibold has a different approach, though certainly does still have the club’s juniors in mind. The Rabbitohs re-signed young forwards Sam Johnstone, Ky Rodwell and Lucky Ta’avale on multi-year deals after coming through the club’s Holden Cup side.

It’ll be a bold move for Dean Pay, releasing an international winger in his first week of being a head coach, but the job revolves around bold decisions. The deal is expected to be announced in the coming month, as soon as Canterbury decide how much of his 2018 contract they’ll contribute financially.
Brett Morris not signed to Souths..Fact! Dragons, Sharks, Souths are looking at him once Bulldogs announce contribution towards his contract

Pro Dragons

Juniors
On paper the outside backs are the weak link in the 2018 squad. If Canterbury pay a good portion of his salary I would have him back in a heart beat. He may have passed his prime but he is still a superior player to our current outside backs.

Saintsified

Bench
Why do people always say to help bring the juniors through? senior players couldnt give a shit, much like older people in corporations will hang onto their jobs as long as possible.

Life's Good

Coach
Why do people always say to help bring the juniors through? senior players couldnt give a shit, much like older people in corporations will hang onto their jobs as long as possible.
I don’t disagree but having older heads around showing commitment to training, preparation, injury management and the like can only be a good thing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Last rumour I heard about this was a player swap. Hymel Hunt to Dogs and BMoz to Rabbittohs. THey say almost a done deal yet BMoz went on Twitter last yesterday and denies having spoken to anyone.

Wait and see what happens hear but I think he will become from a red V legend to a journeyman in the space 3 years.He will still be spoken of highly by us Saints fans but even higher if he stayed. Sad

possm

Coach
dont knock B Moz too much he did SO much for us!
If your next door neighbour was a handyman and came over and did all the things you just could get around to do at no charge, I'm sure you would think him a great bloke who has done a lot for you - until the day you come home early and found him in bed with your wife ............... I'm sure after that you would forget all the 'good things he'd done' and hate the guy who caused you to leave your family.

MrDragon007

Juniors
As it stands, our wingers for 2018 look like Nighty and Nene. I dont think we have a junior who stood out enough to warrant a spot in first grade, not yet anyways.
We have a few that will be ready in 2019 if they improve in reserves against the men in 2018.
So the question should be, who would you all rather have playing on Ben Hunts side of the field, Nene or B.Moz?
I was dirty at B.Moz for leaving us, and even dirtier at him for leaving us for that scummy club, but.... even at his age he will offer 3 times more then Nene in 2018.
for that reason alone, i say bring him home for a swan song season in that red V.
get the scums to pay minimum $500k of his $700k salary, and bring him home.
And, if a youngster blitzes the field in the opening 4 or 5 games of reserves, then tap either Nighty or B.Moz (whoever is performing worse) on the shoulder and off they go to play for Illawarra.

Latest posts