What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad career moves

Canard

Immortal
gallagher said:
Well when youve been a wests fan for about the last 25 yrs you dont forget ANY semi final appearance. There's only been a few in that time!!!

Mate being a Cowboys fan I hear ya!!!

So are you a Wests Tiges fan then? Cause if so the 2005 GF must have been sweet. (It was crap for me...:sarcasm: )

gallagher

Juniors
Oh yeah! Unbelievable!! It was a very long time coming and possibly another looong wait ahead.

You guys probably havnt too long more to wait.

Garts

Bench
gallagher said:
Well when youve been a wests fan for about the last 25 yrs you dont forget ANY semi final appearance. There's only been a few in that time!!!

I think money made his decision easy. Wests seemed to have some cash for a few years, then it all dried up.

I vaguely remember wests playing a friday night game to qualify for the finals as they were tied with another side for 5th (maybe parra). Was that the year or am I totally wrong?

C.P

Juniors
Willie Peters ESL -> Souths has to be up there

Brett Howland Cronulla -> Bulldogs

gallagher

Juniors
Garts said:
I vaguely remember wests playing a friday night game to qualify for the finals as they were tied with another side for 5th (maybe parra). Was that the year or am I totally wrong?

That was the year before in 91. We played the dogs at Parra stadium. On of my fav games ever.

Gillespie scoring under the posts saluting with the ball before he put it down!!

Garts

Bench
Parra stadium!!! I thought it had something to do with Parra.

Cheers gallagher, was a long time ago. I would have been 12 then.

parra_jesus

Juniors
since we are on the topic (sort of ) how are ali lalititi(spelling) clinton toopi and francis meli going over in the esl ?

gallagher

Juniors
Garts said:
Parra stadium!!! I thought it had something to do with Parra.

Cheers gallagher, was a long time ago. I would have been 12 then.

Will you guys stop saying how long ago it was!!!Doesnt seem that lon ago for me............ I'm starting to feel old:?

I was 20, the first time I'd seen my side make the semi's and got absolutely smashed at Parra Leagues...........dollar drinks at Kicks I think!!!

Back on topic.
Leo Dynevor, stood in fantastically for Johns in their premiership year and then nothing at Wests. Big money too

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
parra_jesus said:
since we are on the topic (sort of ) how are ali lalititi(spelling) clinton toopi and francis meli going over in the esl ?

Toopi and Meli are their usual combination of brilliance one minute followed by stupidity the next. Meli would be more solid than Toopi though. Unfortunately Ali is only a shadow of the player he used to be in 2002. Wish he'd never left the Warriors. He'd be going sensational under Cleary.

gallagher said:
Back on topic.
Leo Dynevor, stood in fantastically for Johns in their premiership year and then nothing at Wests. Big money too

Was it true that Leo Dynevor signed with Wests for half a million a season? I can't remember the exact figure but that particular amount was being bandied around at the time.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
domdom said:
this was always a thread that was going to bring out the bitter and twisted parra fans.

i'm suprised there isnt more ill feeling towards the chairman and brian smith for they way they handled the issue.

he left us high and dry, citing homesickness and then farked off to ESL, 40, 000 Kms from home :O

f**k him, ill always be bitter about that... there was a moment in time where he was actually my favourite player, but yeah good luck to him at manly. There is and always will be ill feelings towards fitzy, however that spans a number of issues. All i can say is, bring on round 9 :fist:

Charlie124

First Grade
Mark Gasnier --> five-eighth :sarcasm: (all 61 minutes of it)

Glenn Morrison Cowboys 2003 --> Parramatta - left the Cowboys so that he would have a chance at playing finals football before he retired only for Parra to finish 12th and seeing the Cowboys make the finals for the first time in history, then the following year Cowboys V Parra in the grand final qualifyer getting spanked 29 - 0 by his former club.

Phillips

Referee
Charlie124 said:
Mark Gasnier --> five-eighth :sarcasm: (all 61 minutes of it)

Glenn Morrison Cowboys 2003 --> Parramatta - left the Cowboys so that he would have a chance at playing finals football before he retired only for Parra to finish 12th and seeing the Cowboys make the finals for the first time in history, then the following year Cowboys V Parra in the grand final qualifyer getting spanked 29 - 0 by his former club.

Morrison should have played alot of rep games for NSW and Australia

fantastic player, not sure why he was overlooked by the selectors for lesser players

RABK

Referee
The Colonel said:
Stu Kelly - not exactly a star performer at Parramatta but a very good centre who had been included in the train on squad for the Maroons. His move to Brisbane saw him fall from a good centre to a ordinary winger.

Timana Tahu - Signing with the Waratahs. Likely to contract pneumonia in 2008.

bullsh*t, more like Tahu > Eels. His career went down the drain when he joined you.

Phillips

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
bullsh*t, more like Tahu > Eels. His career went down the drain when he joined you.

hmmmmmm :-k

yet he somehow still managed to represent NSW and Australia

#-o

Charlie124

First Grade
Phillips said:
Morrison should have played alot of rep games for NSW and Australia

fantastic player, not sure why he was overlooked by the selectors for lesser players

I agree he was a great player (not sure about Australian standard but certainly NSW). we were sad to see him leave, although i must admitt i had a good hard chuckle at his expence in 2004 and 2005.

RABK

Referee
Phillips said:
hmmmmmm :-k

yet he somehow still managed to represent NSW and Australia

#-o

Your point?

He was twice the player at Newie then he is at Parra. Rated as the most electrifying back in the comp averaging 18 tries a season with us, now he's lucky to be in the top 20 outside backs in the comp.

Got selected in rep teams on reputation only and has done squat at Parra.

Latest posts