What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad career moves

flash

Juniors
Tasesa Lavea - Junior All Black > Melbourne (NRL Rookie of the Year) > Manly (Reserve Grade) > back to union S14

Shorty

Staff member
lolesi said:
You even seen him play this year? clueless f**k.

Richardson - Souths

For me personnally Vagana from Dogs - Sharks, had such big expectations of him, they came to nothing, was a shame, still a class player though.
No I just decided to throw a name in and feel important.
Moron:roll:

lolesi

First Grade
Bad judge of a footballer then.. From QLD cup to first grade, id take that as a good move..

Shorty

Staff member
lolesi said:
Bad judge of a footballer then.. From QLD cup to first grade, id take that as a good move..
In your opinion...The only reason he's at Cronulla is because they don't have anyone better.

lolesi

First Grade
Cowgirl86 said:
In your opinion...The only reason he's at Cronulla is because they don't have anyone better.

So in your opinion QLD Cup is better for a player then the NRL? Id like to see how many agree with you there.
And because Cronulla doesn't have anyone better, how is that a bar career move for Hannay?

Shorty

Staff member
lolesi said:
So in your opinion QLD Cup is better for a player then the NRL? Id like to see how many agree with you there.
And because Cronulla doesn't have anyone better, how is that a bar career move for Hannay?
He won't stay there for long...he's past his best.
I just don't think he'll do well there,is that ok?
Can I not have this opinion...?

Phillips

Referee
Cowgirl86 said:
He won't stay there for long...he's past his best.
I just don't think he'll do well there,is that ok?
Can I not have this opinion...?

did he run over your cat :sarcasm:

Shorty

Staff member
Phillips said:
did he run over your cat :sarcasm:
No I actually quite like him,I just think Cronulla wasn't the best club to go to after the Cowboys.
Nothing against Cronulla,just my opinion.

Surely

Post Whore
Cowgirl86 said:
No I actually quite like him,I just think Cronulla wasn't the best club to go to after the Cowboys.
Nothing against Cronulla,just my opinion.

Nah nothing at all, cental coast comets would have been a lot better move really, pay wouldn't have been as good, but oh what a lifestyle.

pantherz9103

First Grade
From Blasts from the Past - Bad Moves in the 1990's

Coming to Penrith

Mark McGaw from Cronulla to Penrith - 1993
Ashley Gordon from Newcastle to Penrith - 1993

Leaving Penrith

Graham Mackay good winger at Penrith but then to Roosters to South Qld to Gold Coast to Manly went to anonymity

Greg Barwick from Penrith to Norths - promising grand final winning fullback to reserve grader at Norths and Sydney Tigers

Gary Freeman from Penrith to Parramatta - Had two decent seasons at penrith (94-95) Did SFA at Parra then retired

Smartman

Juniors
The Canterbury 4 (Smith, Dymock, McCracken, Pay) to Parramatta.

Although they had fairly good careers at Parramatta, i believe if they stuck with the dogs they would of been alot better off with most likely more premierships to their name.

pantherz9103 said:
From Blasts from the Past - Bad Moves in the 1990's

Coming to Penrith

Mark McGaw from Cronulla to Penrith - 1993
Ashley Gordon from Newcastle to Penrith - 1993

Leaving Penrith

Graham Mackay good winger at Penrith but then to Roosters to South Qld to Gold Coast to Manly went to anonymity

Greg Barwick from Penrith to Norths - promising grand final winning fullback to reserve grader at Norths and Sydney Tigers

Gary Freeman from Penrith to Parramatta - Had two decent seasons at penrith (94-95) Did SFA at Parra then retired

Going to Penrith, you could add Peter Tunks (1990) and Trevor Gilmeister (1994)

Leaving Penrith, you could add Paul 'Nobby' Clarke (to Parra - '94 or '95?), Paul Smith (to Wests - '94 or '95?), possibly Amos Roberts (to Roosters - 05)

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Mighty Panther said:

Leaving Penrith, you could add Paul 'Nobby' Clarke (to Parra - '94 or '95?), Paul Smith (to Wests - '94 or '95?), possibly Amos Roberts (to Roosters - 05)

Wouldn't have 'The Axe' in there. He had just one season with us but he was one of our better forwards. He was nearing the end of his career anyway and the Broncos couldn't retain him. I agree with the others.

The Mighty Panther said:

you're kidding right? he has been going great guns for the Roosters in my opinion, he got just under 20 tries in both years he has been at the club.

Bad Career moves:
Ryan O'Hara > Tigers
Sam Harris > League
Adam Dykes > Parra
Braith Anasta > Roosters
Joe Galuvao > Souths
Pat Richards > Wigan