What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangers vs Aussies - 2nd Test

Palms

Juniors
I hate it how Ponting glares around at Gillespie as though it was his fault..cop it on the chin Ponting and take some responsibility. A good captain would talk about it in the sheds not glare at your team mates for the world to see

lockyno1

Post Whore
Palms said:
I hate it how Ponting glares around at Gillespie as though it was his fault..cop it on the chin Ponting and take some responsibility. A good captain would talk about it in the sheds not glare at your team mates for the world to see

Well it was a tough one. He gave away a certain century and was a little annoyed. I probally would have done the same thing!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Must be something to do with Tassies

8th time Ponting has been run out in test match innings he is now equal with David Boon

Steve and Mark Waugh happened only 4 times each
Healy and Jones 5 times each

Here is one for you Locky, Border was run out 12 times ;)

I don't know what Pontings problem is. It was 100% hes own fault. As always he just takes off without even looking at his partner. The call was Gillespies and he said no. Ponting is the biggest wanker to grace the earth.

lockyno1 said:
How dare you say that about our captain! So un-Australian!:evil:

I don't care where he is from. I find it astounding that Warnie can't be captain due to off feild issues, yet our current captain can continue to treat umpires and officials with dis-respect, treat his own players with dis-respect, treat his opposition with dis-respect and fail to take responsibility for his own poor performances such as his comments in the ashes " I can't bowl and bat for everyone". And then go on to stare down his own team mates when he runs himself out.

Not to mention his sour grapes over the Phil Tuffnel jibe.

The bloke is one of the best batsmen the world has ever seen, but one of the worst human beings. He is the Australian version of Sourav Ganguly, excpet he can bat.

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
I don't care where he is from. I find it astounding that Warnie can't be captain due to off feild issues, yet our current captain can continue to treat umpires and officials with dis-respect, treat his own players with dis-respect, treat his opposition with dis-respect and fail to take responsibility for his own poor performances such as his comments in the ashes " I can't bowl and bat for everyone". And then go on to stare down his own team mates when he runs himself out.

The bloke is one of the best batsmen the world has ever seen, but one of the worst human beings. He is the Australian version of Sourav Ganguly, excpet he can bat.

Gosh fair dinkum you are going overboard! Yes he has made some errors, most players do for crying out loud! He is young and will learn what a captain is required to do in the future. He is no worse than Porky Grahame Smith!

lockyno1 said:
Gosh fair dinkum you are going overboard! Yes he has made some errors, most players do for crying out loud! He is young and will learn what a captain is required to do in the future. He is no worse than Porky Grahame Smith!

Graeme Smith is also a tool, but I don't think he is in the same mould as Ponting. He isn't quite as arrogant, and his tantrums aren't as childish and foolish.

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
Graeme Smith is also a tool, but I don't think he is in the same mould as Ponting. He isn't quite as arrogant, and his tantrums aren't as childish and foolish.

Um..they are both as bad as each other!;-)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
waltzing Meninga said:

The bloke is one of the best batsmen the world has ever seen, but one of the worst human beings. He is the Australian version of Sourav Ganguly, excpet
he can bat.

To even compare Warne’s actions to Ponting’s is ludicrous at best, they aren’t in the same category and nor should they be compared

If you have met or even knew Pointing your remarks that he is one of the worst human beings would be different

Mighty Tiger said:
To even compare Warne’s actions to Ponting’s is ludicrous at best, they aren’t in the same category and nor should they be compared

If you have met or even knew Pointing your remarks that he is one of the worst human beings would be different

My be so, but I don't know Ricky Ponting personally and either does 99% of the Australian public, but through his actions on and off the feild, he comes across as arrogant and dis-respectfull to all those he plays with and against.

Maybe if I spent a week in his house, playing golf and going fishing with him my perceptions would be different, I don't know, but I can only go from what I see

Latest posts