What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett deal all but done

Steel Dragon

Bench
Who would want Kimmorley?

He's waaaay past his prime. I would understand his benefit if there was some promising 5/8 he could take under his wing and blood, but cant Baz do that with a young half (ie Soward/Chase etc)
Kimmorley is only one semi-serious injury away from retirement I reckon. Waste of time and effort.

grandorient

Bench
I'm not sure if it's looking good.

Returning to Aussie, but unsure as to which team.

Will keep you posted.

Regards
GrandOrient

_Johnsy

Referee
Phil: Rebecca, I got another story we can run with!
Rebecca: mmm mmmmm hmmmm mmm mmm mmmm
Phil: Rebecca, dont talk with your mouth full and wipe that stuff off your chin.....

Are they having jism for lunch over at the telecrap ?

Syren

Juniors
I'm not sure if it's looking good.

Returning to Aussie, but unsure as to which team.

Will keep you posted.

Regards
GrandOrient

Thanks for the insider, as fans we would be pretty gutted if he used fans disliking him as the reason not to come here. If he indeed wants more money, just say so, not this kind of bull@#$% excuse

On Fox Sports news this morning it said Kimmorley knows he is on his way, but unsure whether it will be sooner or the end of the season. It was pretty clear his first preference was the Dragons. It also mentioned that Bennett has been a big admirer of Kimmorley. It seems the link to the Dragons is pretty strong (god help us) :crazy:

I've also heard via various news sources that Cronulla are the front runners for Barrett.....Kimmorley even alluded to the fact that they are trying to make room for Barrett by releasing him.

Godz Illa

Coach
It would be quite hilarious if Kimmorley were to dig his heals in and stick around Cronulla for two more years... but generally when these 'meetings' happen the player tends to find a new club. We saw it last year with Richie Williams and Ashton Sims.

Reportedly Kimmorley doesn't get on socially with his Scum teammates, which is a feather in his cap I suppose. Maybe he is alright lol. But I still have doubts about whether Saints would be interested - pretty sure our last negotiation with him ended badly, and he tried to sue us I recall.

Was speaking to a couple of reliable rugby league sources last night, as I feared, it seems almost inevitable that Barrett will end up at the Sharks in 09 :(

Syren

Juniors
Was speaking to a couple of reliable rugby league sources last night, as I feared, it seems almost inevitable that Barrett will end up at the Sharks in 09 :(

My instincts also tell me that you are right. If it is confirmed, then I lost all my respect for Trent, not because he took Sharks' offer, but the reason he gave for not coming to the Dragons is pathetic.

Don't get too stressed about Barrett!!!

If the Scum want to pay $400k - which is way over the odds - for a 31 yr old with an injury riddled career, then good luck.

I still vividly remember seeing the tv camera panning to him sitting in the grandstand watching our games. He seemed to spend a lot more time doing this than being out on the paddock winning games for us...for $400 large!!

The are plenty more (and better value) fish in the ocean. Going back to Barrett as our "saviour" would be just that - going backwards..

Leave him to the Scum. He can help extend their premiership drought.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't all the "Kimmorley" talk seems to be coming from Kimmorley himself, and the news hungry media? Here's hoping there's no truth in it all. He's in the Barrett category also. Not worth the cash he's asking.

Godz Illa

Coach
I was never keen on getting Barrett back, even less so with the ridiculous figures being whispered. As for Kimmorley... I would be open to it if the price is right.

_Johnsy

Referee
Godz,

I imagine noddy would come at a heavely subsidised price. That would be funny the scummers paying a large portion of his contract wearing the red V, (if it does pan out)

dannyboy

Juniors
...But I sincerely hope they don't see Cronulla as some kind of peace-loving sanctuary. Players like Kimmorley, Ross, Simmons and Beau Scott will tell you that aint the case.

I dare say every team's fans are less than peaceful when their team is under performing, and always looking to blame players sucking the dollars out of the cap. Having been at the bore-a-thon that was the Sharks v Dragons, it was very entertaining to see that most vitriol directed the Drags way came from their own fans....even more than they directed towards the Sharks.

I agree with Preach though, I'm opting out of anymore BS around the Kimmorley-Ryles-Barrett-insert any other name saga until a REAL decision is made.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I thought the whole idea of Baz coming back was so he was near his mum/inlaws etc.
Arent they in Canberra/Temora?

Cronulla is a bit further away than the Gong...

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
his full of sh*t, i loved the guy, he took time out to take photos with my boys, well i bribed him:lol:
dump merkin drove his holden down on seven mile beach to drop hi jet ski in and got bogged in the sand:lol: i came up with my camera and he said please dont its embarising, if you dont take a photo i will let you take one with one of your boy, i agreed

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The way Stuart goes through his halves why would he go there. 1 bad game and he will be dropped. I know he probably won't have one cause he is a legend but Stuart expects alot out of the halves.

I can see Saints having a Barrett / Kimmorley halves combination with Ryles leading the pack. I can't wait to see Ryles perform under Bennett. He will be a better player than he allready is. Geez I hope he stays and does not go to the Sharks.....

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
i hear that hannat and weymen almost dragons, that means ryles is out, will wait and see, as they say bennett has been linked to more blokes than Paris Hilton:lol:

Latest posts