What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett deal all but done

Syren

Juniors
TBH I dont like Kimmorley at all, but I can try to give him a chance if he does sign for us I guess...

Cant believe I said that!

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
another twist, Bennett now does not want barrette as he wants 400k+ a season, he now wants kirmorly as his better value at around 300k, so i think this may free some funds to keep cooper, so much for loyaty barrett is after the dollar only also he reckons he doesnt want to come back to the dragons as he received very has ear bashing from the st george suporters.

By by barrett if your only after the dollar then get lost, didnt you make enough money in england

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23614151-5006066,00.html !!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I said in the other thread that I doubt the validity of that story. Blaming it on the fans. ffs.

There's no actual quote from Barrett there, just a bit of paraphrasing.

Barrett's words may have been misrepresented - it happens. And I sincerely hope he didn't make such a ridiculous comment.

God-King Dean

Immortal
He is not keen on rejoining St George-Illawarra because of the savage criticism he received from Dragons fans when he last played NRL two years ago.

If they know this, why didn't they quote it ?

What trash.

Deacon

First Grade
He is not keen on rejoining St George-Illawarra because of the savage criticism he received from Dragons fans when he last played NRL two years ago.

If they know this, why didn't they quote it ?

What trash.

and even if this was remotely close to the mark imagine how much more sh*t he'll cope if he goes to the scum

Godz Illa

Coach
I can understand that sentiment for both Ryles and Barrett, as they have both copped plenty of vitriol from Saints fans throughout their career. Some warranted (Barrett), sme unwarranted (Ryles). But I sincerely hope they don't see Cronulla as some kind of peace-loving sanctuary. Players like Kimmorley, Ross, Simmons and Beau Scott will tell you that aint the case.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
To Ronnie Dobbs and Loyal Dragon,

Where is it said that Barrett will be salary cap exempt for the first year, can't find that anywhere.

Regards
GrandOrient

Hi Champ,

I believe that players recruited from Super League or Union receive cap exemptions. Bickerstaff is a prime example in recent times. Obviously not on the same coin as Baz, but principle is the same. Didn't count on the 06 cap when he returned form France.

Email the NRL to clarify. If Iain Schubert isn't at the pub try him. John Brady is a mug, as most of the old boys & refs at Fox Studios are, but he always answers correspondence too.....eventually.

If that fails check nrl.com

The Preacher

First Grade
I can understand that sentiment for both Ryles and Barrett, as they have both copped plenty of vitriol from Saints fans throughout their career. Some warranted (Barrett), sme unwarranted (Ryles). But I sincerely hope they don't see Cronulla as some kind of peace-loving sanctuary. Players like Kimmorley, Ross, Simmons and Beau Scott will tell you that aint the case.

How true Godz!!! They can hate more than most. They haven't even GOT fans that were at their last Grand Final victory to forgive them. :sarcasm:

f**k me, if Barrett goes to the Sharks, and we get Kimmorley, I will seriously consider not following the game next season.

I don't want Kimmorley as some consolation prize at 300 k or whatever the figure is, it's Barrett or nothing in my eyes.

I don't want to see Barrett in any other NRL's club colours!!!!!

:x:x:x

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Phil Rothfield: Tell me Trent, how do you feel about fans savagely bagging out on you?
Trent Barrett: Well I don't think anyone likes that that Phil
Phil: So you're saying you don't like it?
Trent: Well yes but...
Phil: And how do you feel about playing with the Sharks in 2009?
Trent: Well that hasn't happened yet Phil, my manager is also talking to...
Phil: But IF the offer was right and IF you were happy to do so, would you play with the Sharks?
Trent: Well if you put that way, then sure. But...
Phil: Just a sec Trent, we seem to have a bad line.
[Phil jots down: 'Trent hates Saints fans and would love to play for Sharks']
Trent: Can you hear me?
Phil: Oh yes, the line has cleared up now.
Trent: Well... what I was trying to say was...
Phil: I'm on a deadline Trent so we'll have to move along. Tell me, what do you think of Wayne Bennett as a coach?
Trent: Great coach, great track record.
Phil: But what do you think of him not wanting to pay you as much you're asking?
Trent: Well my manager is looking after that...
Phil: But you can't be happy about taking a cut, surely.
Trent: I suppose, but...
Phil: And what do you think of Ricky Stuart as a coach?
Trent: Ricky is a great coach as well.
Phil: So you'd love to play under Ricky?
Trent: I have no problems with Ricky.
Phil: So I take that as a yes?
Trent: Yes to what?
Phil: Sorry Trent, the line broke up just after you said 'yes'.
Trent: Can you hear me know? I just wanted to clarify what I said...
Phil: Sorry mate, can't hear you. Gotta go... bye!
*click*
Phil: He he he... this will stir up the pot real good. Can't wait to tell Becky!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Phil: And what do you think of Ricky Stuart as a coach?
Trent: Ricky is a great coach as well.
Phil: So you'd love to play under Ricky?
Trent: I have no problems with Ricky.
Phil: So I take that as a yes?
Trent: Yes to what?

I loled.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The other day there was an article quoting Trent Barrett's father saying his son called him and told him he wanted to come back to the Dragons and take a pay cut to do so. The next day Phil states that he does not want to come back because of the fans. Hmmmm. Who would you believe?

We are gonna be hearing alot of conflicting stories until the contract is signed. Can't wait till that is done.

Ribs

Bench
Phil: Rebecca, I got another story we can run with!
Rebecca: mmm mmmmm hmmmm mmm mmm mmmm
Phil: Rebecca, dont talk with your mouth full and wipe that stuff off your chin.....

grandorient

Bench
Hi Guys,

Just sent an email to Trents mothers sister, I think thats his auntie isn't it.

They are very close and if Trents mother knows anything so will his aunt.

Will keep you posted.

GO

Latest posts