What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Dick's 2007 Predicitions (Courier Mail)

Mr Saab

Referee
raiders fan forever said:
Tongue is more than just tackles but yeah tackling is one of his strong points

It is his only point.
He is a solid 1st grader who has ovecome his lack of size as a backrower.
Some Raiders fans would think he is the 2nd coming of Bob Lindner!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Stranger said:
Are you serious? Carney did 100x as much for canberra in 06 as Smith did.

Carney had a good year, don't get me wrong. But imagine if Smith played more Canberra would've been dynmaite in the halves.

The semi is a good example. They were playing well up untill he went off.

simon says

First Grade
skeepe said:
All of our experience? When did seasoned first graders like Phil Graham, Troy Thompson, Alan Tongue, Matt Bickerstaff, David Howell, Lincoln Withers and Andrew Lomu leave the club?

Canberra will finish top 8, probably top 4.

Omigod........that is hilarious.......if there was ever any doubt that Raider fans arent deluded,well this puts it to rest......

:lol: :lol: Howell,Lomu and Bickerstaff.........

Lay off the hydroponic tomatos mate,ur tripping hard.....:lol: :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Mr Saab said:
It is his only point.

Well Skeepe has already listed him in his unbiased opinion offcourse as better then Hindmarsh, so i'm pretty much assuming we're looking at the best secondrower in the world today :lol: :lol:

Pity the vast majority of fans aswell as SOO selectors, Australian selectors, coaches, chief executives, players, sponsers etc don't see it his way.

simon says

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Carney had a good year, don't get me wrong. But imagine if Smith played more Canberra would've been dynmaite in the halves.

The semi is a good example. They were playing well up untill he went off.

When Smith played for the Raiders......fans called him best ever,soon as he is gone they say he was crap.........we have seen it all before.....Monaghan,Finch,Smith........

Fickle.......:lol: :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
simon says said:
When Smith played for the Raiders......fans called him best ever,soon as he is gone they say he was crap.........we have seen it all before.....Monaghan,Finch,Smith........

Fickle.......:lol: :lol:

ahh yes how could i forget those posts on this board :lol:

They sure move on quickly:lol:

peter_raiders

Juniors
simon says said:
Omigod........that is hilarious.......if there was ever any doubt that Raider fans arent deluded,well this puts it to rest......

:lol: :lol: Howell,Lomu and Bickerstaff.........

Lay off the hydroponic tomatos mate,ur tripping hard.....:lol: :lol:

I don't know what you're laughing at buddy. I'm willing to bet you that the Raiders will finish at least 2 places higher than the Tigers. Your squad this year is littered with sh*t.

Mr Saab said:
It is his only point.

Mr Saab, This is Alan Tongue's world. You're just living in it, so be nice.

Mr Saab

Referee
peter_raiders said:
Mr Saab, This is Alan Tongue's world. You're just living in it, so be nice.

I am nice, how about 99% of you raiders fans be realistic.
Tongue is just a 3" shorter version of David Stagg and you dont see Broncos fans go on about him.
Looking forward to May when you Raiders fans talk about his possible inclusion into Origin. That will be funny.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Mr Saab said:
I am nice, how about 99% of you raiders fans be realistic.
Tongue is just a 3" shorter version of David Stagg and you dont see Broncos fans go on about him.
Looking forward to May when you Raiders fans talk about his possible inclusion into Origin. That will be funny.

:lol: Stagg is better though. Atleast he can make some metres.

Can't wait till Origin time:lol:

_Johnsy

Referee
skeepe has been asked to put his hard earned where his mouth is, and no surprise he ran like a naked nun

simon says

First Grade
Raider fans at origin time........'MWAAAAAAAAAAAAH,why didnt -----insert average Canberra players name here=======get in the squad.......its Sydney and QLD bias.............MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.......

Ron Jeremy

Coach
simon says said:
Raider fans at origin time........'MWAAAAAAAAAAAAH,why didnt -----insert average Canberra players name here=======get in the squad.......its Sydney and QLD bias.............MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.......

:lol: :lol: I'm f**king dreading it!!!!

*awaits the stats to come out"

miccle

Bench
boonboon said:
5- Broncos - Getting older depth not great

Granted, I am a Broncos fan. BUT I can totally accept you ranking us 5th... it's the explanation that, quite simply, isn't true. The Broncos, quite simply, are second to none when it comes to depth in their squad.

We have numerous Junior or International "A" players in our reserve grade team. Let's face it, even with the loss of Webcke, I dare so no other team would have a reserve grade engine room boasting the likes of Chris Muckert, Dave Taylor, Greg Eastwood, Ian Lacey and Nick Kenny. Add to that features like Tame Tupou, a NZ international, struggling to keep his first grade wing spot and Shaun Berrigan almost definitely starting off the bench in every match.

Raider Azz

Bench
wow, this thread certainly went downhill fast, actually right around the time simon says reared his ugly head. coincidence? i think not.

simon says

First Grade
This thread was making sense till ol Skeepesan started raving on about the Raiders depth this year.......no thread can exist without some Raider fan bleating about his side.

But you blokes are amusing.........so thanks for giving me plenty of laughs.

Godz Illa said:
As funny as the Kurt Gidley/Dane Cambell halves combo in 05 that won the spoon? I doubt it. But I guess you need to embrace whatever joy possible when your club hits the financial iceberg.

Or Dane Cambell/Steve Witt.

Mate it wasnt too hard to see why the knights got the spoon that year. But past is past.

Mr Saab said:
Rather Tonie Caroll who actually makes an impact when he tackles.
I laugh when i see the majoriy of people go on about how he makes 40-50 tackles a game.
Whooopppeee dooooo

Ahh ok, but itd different when people go on about David Stagg?