What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Dick's 2007 Predicitions (Courier Mail)

legend

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
How was Tongue as a player before he started to make tackles? fringe first grader actually more of a reserve grader. Also when did he make his first grade debut? 2000? and when did Canberra fans actually start liking him? 2005. What happened to the other 5 years?

Since he started making flops i mean tackles he is now just average. More to a player then just being the third man in alot of tackles.

Once he starts making 100 metres plus in 90% off his game aswell as alot of tackles i'll change my view. But imo he's just a light forward who struggles to make 5 metres a hitup but alot of third man tackles. He's not a matchwinner, just a toiler.

He scored 11 tries FFS and is still a toiler?

In your last post you told someone they had no idea, fair dinkum mate, I suggest you go back to listening to Van Halen on a full time basis and stick to the music forum of which you may know a little about.

Tongue changed his style of play to make it in the NRL and IMO, has turned into a good player for the Raiders.

I'd have Tongue over blokes like Ian Hindmarsh, Chad Robinson and Daniel Wagon any day.

You were probably one of those Eels fans singing the praises of Ben Kusto...

Dragons are going to provide some comedy gold this year :)

Head will spend 90% of his time injured and the Gasnier/Hornby halves combo is going to be the funniest comedy series of the year :)

I'll be loving watching the Dragons pillage around the bottom 3. :)

I cant stop grinning :)

Godz Illa

Coach
As funny as the Kurt Gidley/Dane Cambell halves combo in 05 that won the spoon? I doubt it. But I guess you need to embrace whatever joy possible when your club hits the financial iceberg.

HevyDevy

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
There's no way Canberra will run last. Anyone who tips them to come last has absolutely no idea about their players and just assumes since they are unknown names that they aren't good enough. I doubt Melbourne will come first either with Inglis and Cronk as the halves, Cronk is solid at best and Inglis is not a 6, maybe that one will come back to bite me but I think Inglis could be easily marked out of the game by someone like Carroll when he's playing in the middle of the park.

Wrong! Canberra are specials to come last. You can't lose ALL of your experience and expect to compete, no matter how promising your Todd Carneys and William Zillmans are.

skeepe

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
Wrong! Canberra are specials to come last. You can't lose ALL of your experience and expect to compete, no matter how promising your Todd Carneys and William Zillmans are.

All of our experience? When did seasoned first graders like Phil Graham, Troy Thompson, Alan Tongue, Matt Bickerstaff, David Howell, Lincoln Withers and Andrew Lomu leave the club?

Canberra will finish top 8, probably top 4.

Raider Azz

Bench
skeepe said:
All of our experience? When did seasoned first graders like Phil Graham, Troy Thompson, Alan Tongue, Matt Bickerstaff, David Howell, Lincoln Withers and Andrew Lomu leave the club?

let's not get carried away, but one thing is for sure - we definitely won't win the spoon.

HevyDevy

Coach
skeepe said:

:D

And Matt Bickerstaff is going to get you there right?

Seriously Skeepe, you've got a lot of good young players coming through but 2007 is not your year.

I can't think of any side that you'll finish ahead of on the ladder - MAYBE the Gold Coast if they have first season jitters.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
legend said:
He scored 11 tries FFS and is still a toiler?

In your last post you told someone they had no idea, fair dinkum mate, I suggest you go back to listening to Van Halen on a full time basis and stick to the music forum of which you may know a little about.

11 tries? and? Mark Bell was once leading try scorer in the NRL what does that say? Matt Petersen once scored 4 tries in a game, but he's is below average at best.

I know lot about NRL, and if he were that good why was he not selected for SOO or Australia? actually he wasn't even considered.

Tongue changed his style of play to make it in the NRL and IMO, has turned into a good player for the Raiders.

Exactly my point, he was average and the only way he cemented a spot was to make a sh*tload of tackles, that isn't skill, just bloody fit.

I'd have Tongue over blokes like Ian Hindmarsh, Chad Robinson and Daniel Wagon any day.

You were probably one of those Eels fans singing the praises of Ben Kusto...

Atleast those blokes can make 10 metres a hitup lol, not get smashed everytime they run it up.

OK:?...... yeah i really wished he'd resign with us along with Michael Witt, Ian Herron, Shane Muspratt, Joe Bartolo, Greg Drake, Stu Galbraith & Tulsen Tollet:?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
skeepe said:

Seasoned first graders:lol: I'd take Bickerstaff, Thompson & Graham.

As i've said Canberra have a good young pack this year, quality halves, but lack depth in the backs, and alot of experience.

Canberra's best attacking players imo was Jason Smith & Clinton, without thses two players Canberra struggled without them, now both are gone and that worries me.

I think Carney will have a great year though.

Raider Azz

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
Seasoned first graders:lol: I'd take Bickerstaff, Thompson & Graham.

As i've said Canberra have a good young pack this year, quality halves, but lack depth in the backs, and alot of experience.

Canberra's best attacking players imo was Jason Smith & Clinton, without thses two players Canberra struggled without them, now both are gone and that worries me.

I think Carney will have a great year though.
calling jason smith a loss proves how little you know about our team this year. our best performances last year were when smith was out injured.

legend

Coach
According to your website, you have no active players over 200 games and have lost about 900 games experience through the departure of:

Morrison
Morris
Widders
Vella
Stringer
Peek
McKinnon
Petersen

RainMan

Juniors
legend said:
According to your website, you have no active players over 200 games and have lost about 900 games experience through the departure of:

Morrison
Morris
Widders
Vella
Stringer
Peek
McKinnon
Petersen

But they have Brett Finch! Game, Set & Match!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Raider Azz said:
calling jason smith a loss proves how little you know about our team this year. our best performances last year were when smith was out injured.

Ok he wasn't a loss:roll:

Fmd, he was only your number 1 play maker.

Which games are you refering too? the semi i'm guessing?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
legend said:

Morrison
Morris
Widders
Vella
Stringer
Peek
McKinnon
Petersen

Apart from Morrison and Widders the rest would've struggled to make firsts this year, includign Vella and Mckinnon with the depth we have.

The rest lol

Stranger

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Ok he wasn't a loss:roll:

Fmd, he was only your number 1 play maker.

Which games are you refering too? the semi i'm guessing?

Are you serious? Carney did 100x as much for canberra in 06 as Smith did.

Ron Jeremy said:
Exactly my point, he was average and the only way he cemented a spot was to make a sh*tload of tackles, that isn't skill, just bloody fit.

Tackling correctly basically every tackle takes skill, and you have to be bloody fit in the NRL and Tongue is more than just tackles but yeah tackling is one of his strong points

Latest posts