What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Dick's 2007 Predicitions (Courier Mail)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
skeepe said:
What I've noticed in all the predictions I've read is that NOBODY has a f**king clue about the depth of any teams but their own... and that includes many of the so-called experts.

Take Parramatta, and Ron Jeremy's example above. He sites players like Inu, Lett, Green, Fa'osso, Tai, Hauriki and Oake as examples of great depth, and perhaps they may be but I've never heard of them and I doubt many outside Parra fans or dedicated students of the lower grades would have either

Well if you bothered to take more notice of the other grades apart from firsts you'd probably no them, or maybe watched the GF yourself.

Absolute rubbish, anyone who follows all grades will know of some of the players i mentioned in Parra's reserve grade side or would've seen them win the last 2 comps.

Jarrad Hayne was also apart of that squad i mentioned, but was given a chance after Brian left, and look what he produced. Inu i reckon is just as good if not better then Hayne, big call but the guy plays very similar to Tahu.

against other players that nobody knows much about. Case in point: RJ's disdain for Jarred Hickey, a player who IMHO has a huge future ahead of him.

See this is where you have no idea. I was listing Hickey in comparison to Asotasi and Myles, and that if injuries occured they would only have him, as the Bulldogs reserve grade sucks.

If you define depth as players who have first grade experience then Canberra may well have the most depth in the competition as basically their entire first grade and Premier League teams will have said experience... but I don't see anyone talking up their depth, and nor would they because they simply don't know that much about the players.

I knew it would lead straight to the inevitable:roll: and no Canberra dont have the depth as there side lacks significant experience in relation to Parra's squd.

What Canberra do have is a great young forward pack with reasonable depth, classy half pairings but avergae backs.

Canberra lack depth, and yes Alan Tongue is sh*t.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Lowdown said:
Storm had Norths (in QLD) and North Sydney - neither did anything special, yet the Storm had one of the deepest squads in the comp.

So they had two clubs to choose from? not to mention only two NRL clubs in Queensland to choose all thses juniors.

Success in lower leagues does not guarantee depth - its more about having good players in lower grades, capable of playing in the NRL. There is a big difference between playing good in the lower grades and playing well in the a-grade.[/quote]

From wining two reserve GF's with next to no forwards last year in our club left avaliable i think it's fair to say if we get 4 or 5 of last years side to step up and make an impact in firsts then it will be a success. I think thats being reasonably generous. And i think Parra has atleast 7 that could make the transition quite easily. Eg Inu, Mateo, Green, Tai, oake, Hauriki, Reddy.

legend

Coach
I'd like to know how someone can rate the NRL's leading tackler and top try scoring forward as sh*t???

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Hutty1986 said:
LOL never have I seen such consistent rubbish from a "serious"poster :lol:

Go actually watch some football games you dumb f*ck

Sorry darlin'! Did I just dredge up every secret weakness about your team that you'd successfully repressed all these years up unto this point?? Sorry about that! Probably going to take years of therapy now to get you back to where you were! :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
rabbs said:
Brisbane would like a couple of him.

Rather Tonie Caroll who actually makes an impact when he tackles.
I laugh when i see the majoriy of people go on about how he makes 40-50 tackles a game.
Whooopppeee dooooo

boonboon

Juniors
All these reserve graders at Parramatta, there is a reason they haven't played a single first grade game under either smith or taylor and havent gone anywhere else, mayby 1 or 2 might be ok but not 7 as someone suggests and outside of a couple of the top players parras pack falls away esp for a team that only just scraped into the 8 last year and lost a lot of players and picked up a crap coach

TheGodFather

Juniors
Hmmmmm.

Newcastle and the Titans will finish in the Top8

Roosters and Parra won't make 8 (I'm a fan, but Smith/Finch isn't the answer)

Smith will send the Knights into overdrive, they will be a power house this year if most stay fit.

Stranger

Coach
boonboon said:
All these reserve graders at Parramatta, there is a reason they haven't played a single first grade game under either smith or taylor and havent gone anywhere else, mayby 1 or 2 might be ok but not 7 as someone suggests and outside of a couple of the top players parras pack falls away esp for a team that only just scraped into the 8 last year and lost a lot of players and picked up a crap coach
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Don't know anything about parramatta juniors do you.:lol::lol:

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
I can't wait to see the Titans play their first game! Will be watching with great interest...they have some really good players in the mix there - Richie Mathers should be a big hit in particular if he adapts to NRL quickly enough. But they have little depth. A few injuries or suspensions - which are inevitable - & they'll be in all sorts of bother.

Geohood

Bench
Roosters: 6th
I predicted an England win in the triseries before a final was played so if you need to back someone with confidence, that's me. :):)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
legend said:
I'd like to know how someone can rate the NRL's leading tackler and top try scoring forward as sh*t???

How was Tongue as a player before he started to make tackles? fringe first grader actually more of a reserve grader. Also when did he make his first grade debut? 2000? and when did Canberra fans actually start liking him? 2005. What happened to the other 5 years?

Since he started making flops i mean tackles he is now just average. More to a player then just being the third man in alot of tackles.

Once he starts making 100 metres plus in 90% off his game aswell as alot of tackles i'll change my view. But imo he's just a light forward who struggles to make 5 metres a hitup but alot of third man tackles. He's not a matchwinner, just a toiler.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
boonboon said:

Somebody shoot it.

You really have no idea do you?

Do some research first on Parra last year or in your case just do a google search ( not adultfriendfinder )and you may find a few facts about what happened to them last year. Firstly, there crippling injury toll which forced another young reserve grader to prop with Nathan Hindmarsh ( weird in itself). The fact at one stage had only one recongised prop avaliable for selection ( who also ended up inmured breaking an eye socket) and the fact they had a coach leave mid season, f**k me dead:roll: