What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott appreciation thread

yy_cheng

Coach
After 4 rounds this year and last, here are the approx average stats per game:

Scott
55 run metres per game
36 tackles per game

Watmough
79 run metres per game
32 tackles per game

What about errors and bad passes and lost balls that Watmough contributed.

You can argue for every lost ball or bad pass he did, the metres gained by the opposition should be taken away from his metres gained.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Pou, for arguments sake, what do you think our current ladder position is due to? Attack or defence?

If it is defence, which player has brought about the biggest improvement to our defence?

Just saying...

emjaycee

Coach
Pou, for arguments sake, what do you think our current ladder position is due to? Attack or defence?

If it is defence, which player has brought about the biggest improvement to our defence?

Just saying...

Brad Takaraingi and Keiran Foran
:cool:

caylo

Bench

Just saying...

Both our edges look very solid defensively with probably our LHS slightly more susceptible I'd say because they tend to jam in more but both edges have forced a lot of turn overs. Since Foran's return both edges have only conceede two tries each with only one try going past the half.
I would put it down to most of our recruitment tbh, Jennings has been great in defence, foz and Scott have been exceptional and Gordon's positioning at the back shouldn't be overlooked. I say cudos to BA for filling in the voids perfectly.

yy_cheng

Coach
I agree, I also reckon Gordon's ability to organise / instruct our defensive line makes a massive different too.

I have played NRL but does the team actually hear him calling out defensive instructions during the game over the noise at the game?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I have played NRL but does the team actually hear him calling out defensive instructions during the game over the noise at the game?

Not sure, but you hear players talking about their fullbacks role in organising the defensive line and the talk they do.

PS which side did you play for?;-)

oldmancraigy

Coach

Just saying...

lol....

To give you his answer in a concise form:
It could be due to either attack or defence, what do you reckon, it isn't what you reckon, but I won't say what I reckon, but I don't reckon what you reckon I reckon.

Pou will give you his version of the above answer, but it'll take 14 pages and 7 threads.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol....

To give you his answer in a concise form:
It could be due to either attack or defence, what do you reckon, it isn't what you reckon, but I won't say what I reckon, but I don't reckon what you reckon I reckon.

Pou will give you his version of the above answer, but it'll take 14 pages and 7 threads.

See my one-liner above. If it goes for 14 pages it's because you merkins just wanted to argue. ;-)

emjaycee

Coach
See my one-liner above. If it goes for 14 pages it's because you merkins just wanted to argue. ;-)

Which merkins?
How many of them?
And how often?
And what part do you play in the desire of merkins to argue?
And have you considered that your role in any argument with merkins is potentially causal?

Oh and do you have stats to back up your answers?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
...and it has nothing to do with the fact that you throw out more bait than Andrew Ettingshausen, right?

Sometimes you merkins need to be corrected. Otherwise discussions here will go back to being as stupid and misinformed as they were when I found you lot crying in the yard.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which merkins?
How many of them?
And how often?
And what part do you play in the desire of merkins to argue?
And have you considered that your role in any argument with merkins is potentially causal?

Oh and do you have stats to back up your answers?

I actually don't think conflict and arguments are a bad thing. They're one of the mechanisms by which we become smarter, even if some of them feel dumber at the time.