What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Bazal

Post Whore
Ponce..

For mine:

VB
Crown
Carlton Draught
Reschs Pilsener..

Gone but not forgotten:

Carlton Draught they made about 20 years ago with white can
KB
DA
Flag Ale

Beers for blokes..Not something your G/F will nick off you because it's got citrus in it.. :roll: :D

I like this attitude, it's hilarious. See it at work all the time, bogans with a slab of Melbourne paying out on their mates for buying Fat Yak...like drinking real beer somehow makes them a snob (or a ponce, in this case)...people like what they like. I think everything listed there tastes like cats piss and is an insult to beer (except Reschs, of course), but I don't begrudge people drinking it.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
William's Organic Pale Ale is an unspectacular, but easy drinking beer.

I usually recoil when I see words like 'organic' on labels, especially on beer. I don't drink the stuff for my health. But at $16.00 and 4.5%ABV I thought why not.

Nothing startling, aromas of vegetable and hops, and a pleasant mouthfeel. But there was no real excitement so I didn't linger long in identifying any other flavours. I'll finish the sixpack over the weekend but won't bother again.

Apparently the brewers are somehow attached to De Bortoli Wines and are the same mob who make Red Angus Pilsener.

Bazal

Post Whore
So I made a curry tonight...and at the back of my fridge was a crazy apricot wheat beer that I got in a mixer and never drank. Good god, it went well with the spicy food. I can't think of any other occasion it would be all that palatable, mind you...too sweet by far. But with the rather spicy curry, sweet cold apricot flavour was awesome

Mong

Post Whore
It was the Tui Pale Ale I saw

Had a couple of beers that Ive not tried before yesterday

1. PepperJack Ale: Very nice drop this one. Less bitter than most of the darker ales Ive had and the hint of berry was just that, a hint not too overpowering.

Was over Pilsners already, the red angus was good, lost interest quickly though.

Just got some of the pepperjack ale. Well worth a go, am liking it a lot at the moment.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lined up some Leffe tonight...showing my little brother what real beer is. Got Blonde, Brune, Veille Cuvee, Radieuse, Tripel

WYD

Juniors
Coopers Extra Stout.

Quite thin for a stout but it's nice and very drinkable.

Bazal

Post Whore
Coopers, thin? Surely you jest, sir! Although I do think it's overrated in all honesty, certainly nice but not as world beating as everyone seems to think.

I prefer the Cascade Stout without going into the craft stuff myself

Bazal

Post Whore
I tried to figure out my preferred beer out of three of my faves tonight...Leffe Vielle Cuvee, Chimay Blue, and Duvel. Couldn't do it, too hard...will have to try again :sarcasm:

Bazal

Post Whore
Aww, don't be jealous. One day you'll be able to handle real beer too, and you'll never touch the soft drinks again.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Got shaved bald for the leaukemia foundation at the pig n whistle last night in brissy and somone gave me a pint of spitfire. Not a bad drop and haven't seen it anywhere else

Spitfire (and Fuller's, Bishop's Finger, etc) will be very hard to find. Either you need to live in an area with a large English Expat community, or go and visit Bazal at 1st Choice.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Nothing I love more than a good bargain, apart from beer of course. So when I can combine the two I'm always happy.

Gage Premium for ten bucks a sixpack at Woolies, and for good reason. Not much of a drop here, almost no aroma or taste to speak of, but a vegie-like aftertaste that kept me sipping, so not all bad. Breweries should be done for fraud for using the term 'premium' on these beers, it makes no sense at all.

Won't be drinking again.