What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

That Abbey Ale probably needed another stubbie to compare with, brilliant drink in the end. Onto a Boston's Mill Pale Ale. Tastes like Cascade Pale Ale, pretty meh, though does have a good clean finish.

Noa

First Grade
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale = Smooth, refreshing, and something I can't quite put my finger on...

Really though, this could be a very dangerous beer. Waaaaay too easy to drink at 5.6% ABV.

Great beer, IPA is very nice as well.

Tried the Malt Shovel brewery' Hoppy Hefe tonight and it was brilliant, 9/10. Want to say its as good as a weihenstephaner, but I wont, but it was :D.

PS. Should have brought 2 bottles:x

Bazal

Post Whore
Great beer, IPA is very nice as well.

Tried the Malt Shovel brewery' Hoppy Hefe tonight and it was brilliant, 9/10. Want to say its as good as a weihenstephaner, but I wont, but it was :D.

PS. Should have brought 2 bottles:x

Love the Hoppy Hefe, raved about it earlier in this thread actually. It may or may not be 2 for 18 (or 16? whatever) at 1st Choice starting Thursday....:sarcasm:

Onto Stoke's Gold "Golden Ale". Good quality, more of a session beer really.

Now to throw it to the FFB, what is the next beer I have:

- Stones Amber (my personal favourite beer style)
- Stone + Wood Pacific Ale (FFB's favourite beer style)

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd go the Pacific purely because it's the lighter style and I like to go from light to heavy...lol

Noa

First Grade
Downing 2 pionts of my favourite drop the weihenstephaner hefeweissbier dunkel.

Also after testing 8 bootles of Sapporo brewed in 4 differnt countries (Thailand, Canada, Japan, Thailand) I can emphatically say the Canadian is by far the best droop :alcho:.

ALso sampled the Sierra Nevada Celebration ale today, very nice. An IPA style ale, it goes down very smooth then the hops kick in during the after-taste, more :alcho:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Someday I'll sit down and work at my top five beers of all time. It's a tough list to compile though.

A few that would be in line for consideration:
- James Squires One Hundred Fifty Lashes
- Widmer Bros Heffeweizen
- Rogue Dead Man
- 4 Pines Kolsch

Also partial to some S&W and Odinger

_Johnsy

Referee
Someday I'll sit down and work at my top five beers of all time. It's a tough list to compile though.

A few that would be in line for consideration:
- James Squires One Hundred Fifty Lashes
- Widmer Bros Heffeweizen
- Rogue Dead Man
- 4 Pines Kolsch

Also partial to some S&W and Odinger

Keep an eye out for their Hop thief, they only do a brew when they have an exceptionally good batch of ingredients. From memory the last brew they did was 3 years ago.

DMLNA0125.jpg

Well worth the wait.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ooh, good to know! Hopefully spot some before I leave Australian shores in a few weeks time.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
First batch of homebrew bottled, now time to wait patiently.

I can't believe how easy it is. Cleaning is really the important element of the whole process and while that can be laborious, it isn't hard.

This first lot is the standard Cooper's Lager but I'm going to get into some of the more delicate recipes and adjuncts with my next batch. Much will depend on weather and temperatures to come, certain brews are more suited to cooler temps.

Another thing I found fascinating is that you can develop a yeast starter from quality beers such as Chimay. This is done by using remnants from a savoured bottle and adding other ingredients. From there you can develop beers that are almost identical to the original product.

I've waited too long to do this shit.

Mong

Post Whore
Got some red angus pilsners for the game tonight.

Have to say i am impressed with it. A longer after taste than the squire pilsner although would like a slightly more bitter pilsner to try.

Montieth pilsner be worth a shot?

Latest posts