What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellemy Signs 5 year deal

voltron

Juniors
tbh im glad
i was a little apprehensive that bellemy's dodgey wrestling tactics would infect a team like the broncos
this way, at least the infection wont spread so much

but good on the storm for keeping their coach
watch out the raiders

miccle

Bench
Also forgot to mention the best part of this news - WELL DONE MELBOURNE. What Bellamy and the team there are building is a stable and successful RL home in a very torrid environment. While it means the Broncos may have missed out on the best coach, I think this news bodes VERY well for the continued growth of the NRL down south, and for that I am extremely happy.

Hoggy

Bench
Storm fans in Melbourne MC Labour Park 3:30 lets show our support for Craig.

Well I'll just get up and leave work then.....

This is the biggest cornerstone in the history of the club, if Bellyache had gone, then Cam may of, White may of and GI may of. Now I cannot see them going. If we re-sign Lima and Blair for beyond this year, we are dead set in business to run this league for the next 3-4 years.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I seem to remember Anderson did...well...not that much really.

Didnt he end up getting sacked, or leaving the Warriors prematurely?

He got to a GF..same as Murray in the NRL. Plus has taken St Helens to numerous titles over in England. Clearly the best coach availiable. Murray is useless and I really don't want him. Lang for mind is a backwards step as he'd only be around for a few years and then we'd have to appoint a new one. Anderson is young and has the credentials.

TeZbIaN

Juniors
Also forgot to mention the best part of this news - WELL DONE MELBOURNE. What Bellamy and the team there are building is a stable and successful RL home in a very torrid environment. While it means the Broncos may have missed out on the best coach, I think this news bodes VERY well for the continued growth of the NRL down south, and for that I am extremely happy.

Mate you've shown your class with this post. Well done. I agree with everything you said.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23559757-5001021,00.html

Craig Bellamy signs $2.5m deal with Melbourne Storm

Article from:
Exclusive By Phil Rothfield
April 18, 2008 12:45pm

SUPER coach Craig Bellamy has today signed a five-year contract to stay at Melbourne Storm until 2013.
It is one of the richest coaching deals in rugby league history, believed to be worth around $2.5 million.
The man who coached Melbourne Storm to last year's premiership triumph phoned Broncos boss Bruno Cullen this afternoon to officially reject a massive offer to move to Brisbane.
Bellamy is now regarded as the number one coach in the game and will lead NSW into the State of Origin against Queensland this year.
His decision to stay in Melbourne is a huge bonus for the Storm but a devastating blow to ther Broncos, who needed a man of his stature to replace six-time premier coach Wayne Bennett.

fantastic news!

really thought it was certain hed leave.

with the club set to move into a good new ground it will only help the club get bigger in melbourne.

now the nrl need to sought out live FTA coverage of storm games into melbourne, be it Channel 9 or even the ABC

Special K

Coach
Good on Bellemy. He really stands by his players and this latest contract is evidence of it. They must be an extremely tight club down there to get him to do a 5 year deal when so much was pulling him back to QLD.

parra pete

Referee
Good on him. The mail was very strong that he was going to the Broncos in 2010, with Henjak the interim.
Ivan may be the pea for the Broncos. He has been used very frequently in post match interviews in recent weeks...

Pigskin

Juniors
Like Saab, I don't want Walters or Langer anywhere near the place. Could turn into comedy capers.

Murray and Lang, good coaches in their day ... bit over the hill for mine. Would rather a long term possibility.

Whilst I would give Henjak my full support until he proves otherwise should he get the job ... perhaps not enough change at the joint if he gets the gig ... he has been there a while now ... not sure on him.

Anderson - any nagging doubts about the player revolt he basically had at the Warriors ? The innuendo and rumours at the time were not good. I don't pretend to know the story, would like to know. Once again would get my full support until he proves otherwise. Love listening to him in interview, he is without doubt knowledgable and articulate.

But if it were me, I'd probly go a bit outside the square and go for Terry Matterson. He seems to be doing his apprenticeship, knows the club ethos well and we would be getting him fresh and enthusiastic as all hell.

Matterson for me thanks.

Oink !

Canard

Immortal
Well said Shorty. I mean, the Broncos management has rarely steered us off course before.

Certainly dont disagree with you.

But the Bronx management hasnt exactly had to make a lot of decisions in the last 20 years about coaching recruitment.

Raider_69

Post Whore
wow, didnt see that coming, thought he was a bronco for all money
good on him, sticking with the storm who gave him a start. Well in Bellache

Latest posts