What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellemy Signs 5 year deal

broncoman

Juniors
Thats a shame but I'm sure whoever gets the job for us now will do a good job. If it's Henjack, Anderson, anyone else then they should get the full support of everyone and get on with the task at hand.

lotti

Bench
I knew he wasn't going to leave us, he's not done yet. Take that media Bennett's left the Broncos and Craig's still chose the Storm over the Broncos.

Noa

First Grade
Great new$. Hone$tly I thought he was gone. Interesting to see what happen$ with $teve Kearney.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I knew he wasn't going to leave us, he's not done yet. Take that media Bennett's left the Broncos and Craig's still chose the Storm over the Broncos.

Had an inside word did you? Or just glad a 50/50 chance went your way.

lotti

Bench
Craig's history told me, every time there was speculation he was leaving Melbourne for the Broncos he would extend his contract and this time would be only slightly different the difference of course is Bennett's actually leaving the Broncos for the Dragons.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Great news for the Storm and a nice 'victory' over the Broncos.

Still the Broncos have a few to choose from - Daniel Anderson's been mentioned, what about Graham Murray or John Lang?

Sood

Juniors
Yeh theres stil some quality coaches out there, but not in the same class of bellamy imo.

Ice777

Bench
While i didn't think he'd ever cut his contract short, i have to admit i thought he was odds on to leave after it. It's an understatement to say this is massive news for the Storm, as mentioned it'll not only help with player retention but it will also help to attract players down here if they decide to take that path. With this news and the new stadium due for the opening of the 2010 season, the future is looking pretty bright for the Melbourne Storm :cool:

miccle

Bench
I was ho-hum about Bellamy's possible move to Brisbane. Don't really like the guy and haven't been at all impressed with him at times, but there was simply no doubting his abilities as a coach.

Now, we'll probably be looking at getting someone with less ability and talent, who might be a more likeable character with a better ethos.

Hmm, really don't know whether I should be disappointed or happy. Bit of both, I think.

Mr Saab

Referee
Watch all the Broncos fans come out and say they never wanted him now. .

Not me. I would have liked him there. Beats Alan Langer or Kev Walters. I want them nowhere near the place.
Webcke expressed an interest in coaching on a radio interview last night, but he is another 2-3 yrs away i believe.

cupid

Juniors
aren't alot most likely leaving the Storm this year due the salary cap, there is no way melbourne can keep this lineup, they will still be highly competive but not as much as now. just my opinion, please dont flame me

Mr Saab

Referee

Yeah just like Israel was not leaving.
Sesame Street is on soon....off you go coco pop

Shorty

Staff member
I think life goes on for the Broncos,like the Cowboys(who most fans were certain Bennett would be heading to Townsville) I think the Broncos management know what they're doing.

chinorocks

Juniors
I think he was going to sign with Brisbane until the Broncos spent the last 2 weeks bagging him and his current side in the media. Why you would come out and harp on about chicken wings and wrestling coaches etc when your trying to sign the guy to coach your club is beyond me.

miccle

Bench
Well said Shorty. I mean, the Broncos management has rarely steered us off course before. Would've been feeling very confident with Bellamy, but I think Henjak is now our best option. His input played a HUGE role in our '06 premiership and continues with the evolution of the club today. He's a must IMO - sign him up for three years pronto, Mr Cullen.

Spud

Juniors
I am a Broncos supporter, and to be honest this is the best news I have heard today. Hopefully Henjak gets a chance to prove himself.

Latest posts