What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellemy Signs 5 year deal

Tom Ace

Bench
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23559757-5001021,00.html

Craig Bellamy signs $2.5m deal with Melbourne Storm

Article from:
Exclusive By Phil Rothfield
April 18, 2008 12:45pm

SUPER coach Craig Bellamy has today signed a five-year contract to stay at Melbourne Storm until 2013.
It is one of the richest coaching deals in rugby league history, believed to be worth around $2.5 million.
The man who coached Melbourne Storm to last year's premiership triumph phoned Broncos boss Bruno Cullen this afternoon to officially reject a massive offer to move to Brisbane.
Bellamy is now regarded as the number one coach in the game and will lead NSW into the State of Origin against Queensland this year.
His decision to stay in Melbourne is a huge bonus for the Storm but a devastating blow to ther Broncos, who needed a man of his stature to replace six-time premier coach Wayne Bennett.

Ridders

Coach
great news for the storm, will ensure that melbourne will continue to remain competitive

ngap

Juniors
Makes it interesting for Broncos. I wonder what they said to Israel Folau about a coach for the future.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Im happy with that. Bellemy's a grub who coaches negative tactics. Successfull as he is, he wouldnt have fit in in Brissy.

Sood

Juniors
I think the broncos thought they had him in the bag. Will be interesting who they will go after now.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hope we get Daniel Anderson now. Good luck to the Storm, happy for the sake of league down there that Bellamy stays.

Paullyboy

Coach
Watch all the Broncos fans come out and say they never wanted him now. We've already had one thanks to thebourbonbeast.

If he'd gone to Brisbane however we'd never hear the end of them saying how it is the best thing in years.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I wanted him but there are other coaches who are pretty good. i really think Daniel Anderson is the one that suited our style of play, possibly more so than Bellamy even.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great news for RL! With Bellamy on board and the new stadium on the horizon I predict big things for Melbourne for years to come.

Ridders

Coach
this will also be very important for the storm in retaining their other star players. If they come out of the next couple of years with their only major loss being Falou, i'd say storm supporters would be fairly happy.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Watch all the Broncos fans come out and say they never wanted him now. We've already had one thanks to thebourbonbeast.

If he'd gone to Brisbane however we'd never hear the end of them saying how it is the best thing in years.

Watch all the sad Raiders fans come in and talk about anything other than their own club because..... well, you know. We've already had one thanks to Paullyboy.

lotti

Bench
suffer Broncos, now you'll have to look for a new coach for the next 6 or 7 years. I told you he wasn't done at Melbourne yet. The deal is .3 higher than what was rumoured, the Herald Sun said yesterday that Craig was offered 2.2 million to stay not 2.5 but I'm a happy camper Craig's staying at the Storm.

Pigskin

Juniors
<checks the calender>

Nope its not April Fools

Devastating blow for us ... I also presumed he was in the bag.

We should have paid whatever it took. Bad work Bruno ... your job should be scrutinised.

Oink !

Shorty

Staff member
I was sure he'd sign with Brissie too,oh well bet Storm fans/players are breathing easy.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It was the perfect return. He would have slotted right back in perfectly at Red Hill. Not to be though. Is Daniel Anderson still available?