What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ben hornby = useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

64 Dragon

Coach
Possm, you are only guessing about those figures. Speculation is running riot here but that's what it is, speculation!

j0nesy

Bench
D

The cap is not able to be carried foward for next year, so if you dont use it this year it is gone forever.

Why then don't we offer to buy Jennings now for say 450k p/a? I am sure Penrith would agree to provide some subsidy which would bring him close to the value of his current contract.

Must be because the money has been spent on something more important.

1. Your figures are speculative
2. Most players dont sign 1/2 year deals
3. If we sign a player just because we havent spent the cap then that leaves less room to sign a half back next season, like Pearce for example ;-)

gorilla

First Grade
I wish people would stop sticking up for Hornby.

I wish people would stop talking about him like he's a drug-addled face-eater. Not that you did.

He has been a good player and a fine club Captain; played more games for the Dragons than anyone else. All of these facts are great memories.

Can't argue with that, but many disregard that experience and skill when there is a relatively empty cupboard

Hornby has stayed on a year too long. Some players find it hard to hang up the boots and Hornby is one of them.

Hornby has been asked to play on - he responded like the clubman he is.

Unfortunately the Dragons have got to tap him on the shoulder and say its about time Ben.

When they do, I bet he'll be receptive.

Stanley to 7 coming off the bench and if he does not work out replace him with King and if he doesn't work out, Price and Doust had better recruit a halfback for next year.

Scatter-gun approach - both Stanley and King need at least this year + to be able to do the job. Stanley's probably a better 'slow-hand' 5/8, and King might be able to do it if he can last 4 - 6 weeks in grade.

Last edited:

Efresh

Coach
That assumes King sees himself as a 7 and based on the weights he looks to have been doing, I doubt that. I'd bet he thinks he is good enough to make it as a top line hooker and would leave to follow that aspiration.

64 Dragon

Coach
That assumes King sees himself as a 7 and based on the weights he looks to have been doing, I doubt that. I'd bet he thinks he is good enough to make it as a top line hooker and would leave to follow that aspiration.

King signed up again for another couple of years.

Efresh

Coach
Yep, he re-signed to the end of 2013 I thought. If he sees his career being sent down a path he isn't happy with though I can't imagine him extending again. All speculation of course.

Cooper-Man

Bench
The dragons play as a TEAM. There are 13 players on the field not ONE. Cant believe our skipper is coping this crap.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Same old suspects giving sh*t to one of the greatest ever Dragons. He plays his guts out every week and because half of you couldn't analyse a football game, you just blame the same bloke your sheep mates have blamed. It's not Ben f*cking Hornby's fault we are struggling.

silverfox

Juniors
Same old suspects giving sh*t to one of the greatest ever Dragons. He plays his guts out every week and because half of you couldn't analyse a football game, you just blame the same bloke your sheep mates have blamed. It's not Ben f*cking Hornby's fault we are struggling.

This x 1000 -

Cagey Mac

Bench
Can I suggest a vote to have the title of this thread either changed or deleted
As a Dragons supporter I find it offensive, disloyal, gutless and tasteless
I should have suggested it earlier but it's really starting to get to me
Thanks
Cagey

i'll be shattered if we miss the 8 this year, thats un -acceptable in my eyes.

I just wish Scott and Hornby would cut out the errors.

Elias1983

Coach
Can I suggest a vote to have the title of this thread either changed or deleted
As a Dragons supporter I find it offensive, disloyal, gutless and tasteless
I should have suggested it earlier but it's really starting to get to me
Thanks
Cagey

Cagey just an honest question.

Are you offended but what he is trying to say or how he has said it?

I love hornby, he's a legend of our club, given unbelievable service, great captain and deserves every accolade he gets.

But he is past it, I think it's time for him to move on honourably and with the greatest respect. He is trying he is guts out as always but he is starting to fall behind physically. He just can't keep up mate.

I agree the title of this thread is disrespectfull but is that your problem or the fact that he is saying that Hornby should retire?

Godz Illa

Coach
Unfortunately it doesn't break any rules so we can't change or delete. On the bright side, unchanged stands as monument to the dickheadedness of the poster

Stdavid

Juniors
+1 from me :clap:

Have to to agree. No harm in questioning any of the players' form, or the coach's, but surely us armchair geniuses can do it without being derogatory, especially to a guy who always tries his best and has been a great stalwart of the club. Also, someone who has been a great ambassador for the club off the field. Cheers

I love hornby, he's a legend of our club, given unbelievable service, great captain and deserves every accolade he gets.

But he is past it, I think it's time for him to move on honourably and with the greatest respect. He is trying he is guts out as always but he is starting to fall behind physically. He just can't keep up mate.

I agree the title of this thread is disrespectfull but is that your problem or the fact that he is saying that Hornby should retire?

Retirement is a fact of life. That's stating the bloody obvious.
But moving a player on who happens to be the club captain isn't that simple.
Unless you've been hiding under a rock somewhere, you'd know that we've just finished celebrating his record breaking number of games for the club only a matter of weeks ago, after an amazing come from behind win on Anzac Day.
So now let's dump him? Anyone calling for that type of treatment to someone of Ben Hornby's stature within the club, should be ashamed of themselves.
Sometime sport's not just about the business, the money, the winning every week, the buying and selling of players, the brand or the merchandising.
This one's about the fabric and the culture of our club. We don't discard our legends lightly or dump them when we've finished with them.
Ben will do what's right for the club. And the club knows that, and is why they and most of we supporters respect him as much as we do.

Cagey Mac

Bench

The title of the thread poses no questions. It is an offensive remark about our club captain. It's inaccurate and it's an arrogant self-oppinionated post
Hornby is out of form and it's logical that he's unlikely to return to his best. He may not be our best option but he's still a damned good player, our club captain and among the most loyal ever to have worn the red V. Unlike many, Ben Hornby has earned the respect of true Dragons supporters and should be granted the deference he deserves

64 Dragon

Coach
Retirement is a fact of life. That's stating the bloody obvious.
But moving a player on who happens to be the club captain isn't that simple.
Unless you've been hiding under a rock somewhere, you'd know that we've just finished celebrating his record breaking number of games for the club only a matter of weeks ago, after an amazing come from behind win on Anzac Day.
So now let's dump him? Anyone calling for that type of treatment to someone of Ben Hornby's stature within the club, should be ashamed of themselves.
Sometime sport's not just about the business, the money, the winning every week, the buying and selling of players, the brand or the merchandising.
This one's about the fabric and the culture of our club. We don't discard our legends lightly or dump them when we've finished with them.
Ben will do what's right for the club. And the club knows that, and is why they and most of we supporters respect him as much as we do.

Luv ya Drain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A true Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts