What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ben hornby = useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias1983

Coach
I agree I don't understand why Teflon let it get to this point? we would have known the kids ability and should imo have already locked him into the club. All jokes a side it's poor work all round. Especially as our mantra is local juniors.

What did you expect father ted?

The only good thing Doust has ever done was sign Bennett and there were bloody good reasons as to why it worked:

- Bennett being the best coach
- Doust having absolutely f**k all to do with recruitment

It's no coincidence that our most succesfull period in recent times was when Doust was in the backround where he belonged.

Guvner

First Grade
Price obviously thinks Kyle is the best right centre option we have. I feel desperately sorry for the kid. He has talent, no doubt, but put him where he can best exploit that talent in his best position.

Use Green in the centre. That is HIS position!

Yep, no champion 5/8's ever started their career in the centres....

Father Ted

First Grade
Go to the roosters link that Drain the Dragon posted . You'll see his father Kevin "horrie" Hastings has with some reason been rated the best half not to play for Australia , aLL he lacked was real pace . Australia had somesuper halves when he played. His Mother was quite quick played touch footy so young Jackson might be a bit quicker than dad, But anyway check out DTD's link . p.s hope the kid doesn't mind me giving him a nick name lol

Last edited:

blacklock

Juniors
just to be fair and balanced....

hornby was ok with his support play today and made some breaks. which was good...

the bad, dropping a kick which led to their first try and then dropping the short kick off which almost lead to them getting an equaliser.

that aside, he was "ok" today. although ill admit..had they scored from that dropped ball on the short kick off *covers his mouth* lol

Louiethefly

Juniors
just to be fair and balanced....

hornby was ok with his support play today and made some breaks. which was good...

the bad, dropping a kick which led to their first try and then dropping the short kick off which almost lead to them getting an equaliser.

that aside, he was "ok" today. although ill admit..had they scored from that dropped ball on the short kick off *covers his mouth* lol

I think he played OK today too, although I do remember an overlap King created in the second half going to waste because Hornby either didn't notice it was an overlap quickly enough to utilize it, or was just too slow at passing the ball.

It seems like our halves rather catch the ball and take a step sideways before passing again, which makes us run out of room, at least Soward tried playing at the line this game, instead of a few metres in front of the line.

love my saints

Juniors
Steve price is not a first grade coach. Just like Dan hunt aint a first grade footballer.

Wow, price, hunt, hornby, prior, vidot.... Your on fire Danny boy, let's just sack the entire team and go buy all new players, just to make this tosser happy!!! Seriously, dousty, if u read this, DO IT, for the love of god just buy a whole new team so we shut this "on her periods 24/7" b!tch up!!!

Kreizer

Juniors
It's such a shame for Hornby, for Price, for K. Stanley, for Dragons fans and it shows the nefarious nature of Bennett. Hornby should have retired at the end of last season. Price is going to get sacked for sticking with him. K. Stanley, an obvious ball player is losing confidence playing in a position he isn't good in. Dragons fans will remember Hornby not for the good player he was but as the guy who stayed around too long and screwed the team up. And Bennett....... well Bennett picked him in his All-Stars team for that meaningless game. If he thinks that is pulling the wool over the eyes of Dragons fans with an IQ of over 60 to the fact that if he had been planning on staying he would have tapped Hornby on the shoulder long ago, he is sadly mistaken. At least Newcastle are just as bad as the Dragons this year. That is the one thing which gives me solace.

timsmith

Juniors
What did you expect father ted?

The only good thing Doust has ever done was sign Bennett and there were bloody good reasons as to why it worked:

- Bennett being the best coach
- Doust having absolutely f**k all to do with recruitment

It's no coincidence that our most succesfull period in recent times was when Doust was in the backround where he belonged.

did doust sign bennet?
or did wayne fall on his lap after being rejected by other clubs?

hmmmm

Kreizer

Juniors
did doust sign bennet?

hmmmm

Good point. I don't rate Bennett at all. His success at the Dragons was more a reflection of what a disaster Nathan Brown was rather than how good a coach Bennett is in my opinion. Looking at Newcastle, I think lends my opinion a lot of credibility.

bottle

Coach
It's such a shame for Hornby, for Price, for K. Stanley, for Dragons fans and it shows the nefarious nature of Bennett. Hornby should have retired at the end of last season. Price is going to get sacked for sticking with him. K. Stanley, an obvious ball player is losing confidence playing in a position he isn't good in. Dragons fans will remember Hornby not for the good player he was but as the guy who stayed around too long and screwed the team up. And Bennett....... well Bennett picked him in his All-Stars team for that meaningless game. If he thinks that is pulling the wool over the eyes of Dragons fans with an IQ of over 60 to the fact that if he had been planning on staying he would have tapped Hornby on the shoulder long ago, he is sadly mistaken. At least Newcastle are just as bad as the Dragons this year. That is the one thing which gives me solace.

Please don't take it upon yourself to speak on behalf of all Dragons fans. You do not speak on behalf of me and that is not how I will remember Ben hornby.

Kreizer

Juniors
Please don't take it upon yourself to speak on behalf of all Dragons fans. You do not speak on behalf of me and that is not how I will remember Ben hornby.

Ok, but judging from the threads I have looked though here, Dragons fans are rapidly losing patience with the guy. That is how I, a former fan of his, feel as well.

Please retire immediately Ben Hornby!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Ok, but judging from the threads I have looked though here, Dragons fans are rapidly losing patience with the guy. That is how I, a former fan of his, feel as well.

Please retire immediately Ben Hornby!

please f**k off and support another team Kreizer

Fire

First Grade
did doust sign bennet?

hmmmm

Exactly. And when he fell in the dick smokers lap he only gave him three years instead of five.

The Dragons need a good ole fashion political assassination and coup détat for mine :music2:

Go for it, just bag out Doust for everything that's wrong, but give him no credit for any success he's been involved in delivering.
Fact: we are the only club not privately owned which has won a GF in the past 5 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.