What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ben hornby = useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

First Grade
But putting shit on Doust is fun DTD.

About that stat you mentioned, that's pretty cool, I didn't know that.

Kreizer

Juniors
Go for it, just bag out Doust for everything that's wrong, but give him no credit for any success he's been involved in delivering.
Fact: we are the only club not privately owned which has won a GF in the past 5 seasons.

Personally I can't see that Doust has being doing a bad job. Isn't his job is to look after the money situation? The coach is supposed to see the team plays well.

Kreizer

Juniors
Then stop whinging about a player who tries his guts out for the team week in and week out and who captained the team to a gf, the first in 31 years. Show some respect ffs

Hmmmm you are testing my patience as a forum member. Almost as much as Hornby is testing it as a Dragons fan. Hornby must retire immediately and you must stop telling me who I can and can't criticize.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Hmmmm you are testing my patience as a forum member. Almost as much as Hornby is testing it as a Dragons fan. Hornby must retire immediately and you must stop telling me who I can and can't criticize.
You're a true supporter hey? Funny how you treat club legends after they helped deliver a gf victory and have played more games for the club then any other player

Kreizer

Juniors
You're a true supporter hey? Funny how you treat club legends after they helped deliver a gf victory and have played more games for the club then any other player

Good thinking. I wonder is Reg Gasnier and John Raper are interested in making a comeback.

possm

Coach
Personally I can't see that Doust has being doing a bad job. Isn't his job is to look after the money situation? The coach is supposed to see the team plays well.

Yes you are correct, Price the coach and Doust the money man. The only problem is that we have had to let go some good players and others have left or retired. The replacements we could afford are not at the same standard to those we lost.

Many clubs have money to spend but no room within their cap to buy any more players - Penrith, Broncos, Manly, Storm etc. Our problem is that we have plenty of cap left but no money to fill it.

Doust is responsible for the money and is failing because the football club does not have enough money to compete with other clubs even though it has the cap space to fit these players in our squad.

Price is responsible for recruiting the squad, coaching the team and the overall team performace. His main problem is that he does not have the funds to buy the players he wants even though he has plenty of cap to work with. That is why he has recruited lots of fringe low cost players to make up his squad for 2012.

Tell me, if the above is correct who is responsible for this mess?

How to solve the problem?
Get rid of most of the low performing fringe players - Price
Raise enough funds to properly run the football club - Doust
Recruit top line players to take care of the teams weaknesses - Price

Last edited:

Kreizer

Juniors
Yes you are correct, Price the coach and Doust the money man. The only problem is that we have had to let go some good players and others have left or retired. The replacements we could afford are not at the same standard to those we lost.

Many clubs have money to spend but no room within their cap to buy any more players - Penrith, Broncos, Manly, Storm etc. Our problem is that we have plenty of cap left but no money to fill it.

Doust is responsible for the money and is failing because the football club does not have enough money to compete with other clubs even though it has the cap space to fit these players in our squad.

Price is responsible for recruiting the squad, coaching the team and the overall team performace. His main problem is that he does not have the funds to buy the players he wants even though he has plenty of cap to work with. That is why he has recruited lots of fringe low cost players to make up his squad for 2012.

Tell me, if the above is correct who is responsible for this mess?

How to solve the problem?
Get rid of most of the low performing fringe players - Price
Raise enough funds to properly run the football club - Doust
Recruit top line players to take care of the teams weaknesses - Price

Hmmmm The Dragons don't have the funds to fill the salary cap?

I think Price has mostly inherited the problems from Bennett. If Bennett had been playing on staying Hornby would certainly have gotten a tap on the shoulder before this season. Still, it's Price who keeps sticking with the same, terrible formula. One would think Bennett has been in his ear about sticking with the same team no matter how badly they are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.