What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith and Dean Widders...Gorne...?

eelaholic

First Grade
its funny though cause ben was interviewed in big league in the pages where they do a bit from each club

he basically isn't worried about second year syndrome, though technically speaking by his 1st grade debut in 2004 he would have "suffered" that last year

he seems to say he's put in a lot of extra work in the offseason to make up for "that game"

I also quote "I had a talk with Smithy (coach Brian Smith) about what I can do to kick on and where I need to improve my game"

I wonder if there is more than meets the eye to the "what I can do to kick on" part......

cram

Bench
Its highly likely that off contract players may follow Smith and Hagan respectively...quite farcical really....obviously for you guys the one to hang onto is Smith and really unless Johns is going to hang the boots up next year why we would he come to Newcastle.

Hurriflatch

Referee
There was also a bit in the BL about Dennis saying that he wants Hagan's input when it comes time to sign players and he expects Smith "if he gets another NRL job" (due to time it was printed Smith to Knights wasn't confirmed) to do the same for his new team

V1er

Juniors
I hope they get hagan's input into signing players before its too late.

eelaholic

First Grade
cram said:
Its highly likely that off contract players may follow Smith and Hagan respectively...quite farcical really....obviously for you guys the one to hang onto is Smith and really unless Johns is going to hang the boots up next year why we would he come to Newcastle.

I think you confused tim with ben there matey

easily done with at least 4 smiths on the payroll at the club

cram

Bench
Well I was referring to Tim, i thought he was off contract at the end of 2006 or is it 2007?

Hellsy

Immortal
Jess is gonna cry if Benny leaves us... she will be inconsolable.

Still, lets wait till at least May before worrying too much.... Benny could be re-signed by then.
He and Eric are bloody good mates, Tim as well and ya mates have a fair bit of pull with you

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not really much point in paying any attention right now

I'm going to be expecting one of these stories about a Knights player coming to Parra or vise versa every couple of days from now until Oct 31st when the coaches officially change over.

PB

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
Not really much point in paying any attention right now

I'm going to be expecting one of these stories about a Knights player coming to Parra or vise versa every couple of days from now until Oct 31st when the coaches officially change over.

Oh yes but Denis said that he wanted to have this all sorted out so there was no distractions once the season starts...

You moron Denis!!!!!!!!!!!, The rumors are just going to be more intnese now as journos clutch at reasons as to why players might leave with the change in coach!

And when we lose players watch him blame the June 30 deadline and not his decision to announce a change of coaches in January!

There's a fair chance it could be all bullsh*t, but still, It's not very nice to hear stuff like that.
These past few days have been so sh*t tbh. So much speculation.
Bring on the footy for f*ck's sake. :cry:

Hurriflatch

Referee
PB said:
Oh yes but Denis said that he wanted to have this all sorted out so there was no distractions once the season starts...

You moron Denis!!!!!!!!!!!, The rumors are just going to be more intnese now as journos clutch at reasons as to why players might leave with the change in coach!

And when we lose players watch him blame the June 30 deadline and not his decision to announce a change of coaches in January!

I'm actually thinking that Dennis didn't seriously think Brian would get another NRL job he was certain Brian would go to Hull or retire which would've seriously limited the number of these type of rumours but that all just blew up in his face when Smithy signed with the Knights

shiftysmith

Juniors
this whole situation has not been thought out by denis...lets cut the crap brian smith has built our club to be the envy of all others,our juniors are the best my a mile and do not for one minute underestimate the influence that smith has had on some players......i do know we were due for a change i coach but from day one i thought we had to keep smith at our club in the development side of things..now the week leading into the start of a new season we have to be concerned about how our club will be run in 2007 and on...just look at our playing rooster its awsome and has all been built by smith and now he has to leave the building how would you feel? BAD MISTAKE DENIS YOU GOOSE..

eelsta

Bench
PB said:

Agreed 100% HE is the one we need to get rid of, he makes me so angry i could scream :x here we are our first game coming up and now all these rumours to contend with
grrrrrr i'm sooo ANGRY:evil: :evil:

Suitman

Post Whore
You are all crying about Benny leaving.

But what if it means we sign someone like Tonga back up, or, for instance, get a star player like Gasnier.

Why doesn't everyone just chill out.
Geez Louise, it was only a Weidler story, and where is the substance?

We've lost better players than Ben Smith before, and replaced them with better players than Ben Smith.

Just chill.

Suity

Latest posts