What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith and Dean Widders...Gorne...?

eelsta

Bench
Suitman said:
You are all crying about Benny leaving.

But what if it means we sign someone like Tonga back up, or, for instance, get a star player like Gasnier.

Why doesn't everyone just chill out.
Geez Louise, it was only a Weidler story, and where is the substance?

We've lost better players than Ben Smith before, and replaced them with better players than Ben Smith.

Just chill.

Suity

OK:oops:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't know what is wrong with people, do you think Widders & Smith will just leave everything behind because Brian leaves? stupid!!! why would they just get up & leave after what Parra has done for them, team success, the friendships they have met while at Parra.....what then all of a sudden they'll just pack their sh*t up and leave because Brian left? don't you think the players are also excited about the prospect of having a SOO coach coaching them next year? stupid!!

And whats to say Newcastle could afford these 2 players under their salary cap? last i heard they have nothing more to spend...and Widders & Smith wouldn't come cheaply.

Fair go people, Widders & Smith are probably at training laughing about the story right now.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Suity, next time you see Jess just one word of advice

duck!!

but your point is 100% correct

Thanks for the advice mate. :lol: :lol:

But seriously, the way people are going off about this just astounds me.
What do they expect will happen??
Yes, we'll lose players due to Brians departure.
But we'll gain some as well.

Now, just as long as it isn't Carmont, I'll be happy.

(Actually, tbh, I must be one of the few who think Carmont goes alright. If nothing else, he has a big heart and gives his all.)

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
Josh Smith is Ben Smith's older brother you idiot.

You have done your dash around here mate.
Nobody, I repeat nobody, calls Strider an idiot.

Suity

brian said something along the lines of he thought it was the wrong thing and time to do it, he wanted a quiet off season etc...

We could alway replace ben smith with one jamie lyon when he returns to australia.........lol

im sure we have enough talent in our juniour ranks to cover him, as good as he is...

Johns Magic

Referee
Suitman said:
You have done your dash around here mate.
Nobody, I repeat nobody, calls Strider an idiot.

Suity

Having a go at me when I was completely right and he had no clue sounds pretty idiotic to me.

cram

Bench
eelavation said:
and who says they're not trying to that now?? ;-)

Its quite bizarre. Hagan and Smith watching the video replays....mmmm i think we need to do this and that to counter this player, mmmm.... i think i best give fitzy/conway a ring cause I think we should sign them for next season.

The more I think about it the more difficult it seems for both of these guys to give their full attention to their teams for this year... yes both are professional however, they would not be normal if they didnt have one eye on the agenda for the next season.... its interesting times we live in

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Im suprised Ben Smith wasnt signed sooner, as for Widders I think they sign for him 1 year then when he's off contract he goes well. We've got to keep them both.

Hurriflatch

Referee
The press is going to have a field day with this I think it's best for everyone (both Eels and Knights fans) to just all relax for a few minutes if not months.

This whole scenario has never happened before where two coaches are confirmed as swapping 12 months before it's going to happen.

Sure in the past coaches have changed jobs and have been told they will not be needed the next year etc

but never has there been a straight swap of coaches like there is with Smith & Hagan and to add even more to it, the Eels and Knights play in round 1.

Players come and go and even if Smith was going to coach the Eels for the next 20 years there would still be rumours about clubs wanting to sign both Ben Smith and Dean Widders as well as the other 18 off contract Eels.

If all rumours I've heard involving Parra in recent years had proven to be true then

- Adam Dykes would be in Brisbane
- Michael Witt would be at the Knights
- Steve Menzies would be an Eel
- Ben Smith would be at South Sydney
- Timana TAhu would be at Manly along with Jamie Lyon
- Kurt Gidley, Joe Galovo, Frank Pritchard and Anthony Mundine would all be Eels.

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
You are all crying about Benny leaving.

But what if it means we sign someone like Tonga back up, or, for instance, get a star player like Gasnier.

Why doesn't everyone just chill out.
Geez Louise, it was only a Weidler story, and where is the substance?

We've lost better players than Ben Smith before, and replaced them with better players than Ben Smith.

Just chill.

Suity

true words mr suity.

players come, players go. always have, always will.

fish eel

Immortal
Johns Magic said:
Having a go at me when I was completely right and he had no clue sounds pretty idiotic to me.

are you saying suity doesnt have a clue?

your on thin ice, bucko.

Stagger eel

Staff member
honestly, I refused to get caught up in any sort of rumour in bloody March in fact I'm going to make a promise to myself not to even get stressed in 4 months time when the deadline passes, sure I'll take an interest but as mentioned above players will come and go, and there's nothing anyone can do about it, I will say this, don't think our managers are trying to sign players up now because they are, whether they succede or not is another thing. and for those bagging out Fitzy in the way went about signing Hagan just remember what Brian Smith aid yesterday at his press conference.

Latest posts