What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

magpie4ever

First Grade
yes but as far as your concerned the truth is that Teo did wrong despite the Police saying otherwise

Not at all. The girl sustained an injury in the presence of three NRL players - not to be swept under the carpet for the good of rugby league.

What really happened is the concern. I don't know.

There is no acceptable level of violence against women (you might differ in your opinion)

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
I didnt see all the news report, only caught the end.

I had to laugh when Weedler said "she said she has not ruled out making a formal complaint in the future" , or words to that effect.

If she said that, why not show the part of the interview when she said it. Is he making that up??

Not at all. The girl substained an injury in the presence of three NRL players - not to be swept under the carpet for the good of rugby league.

There is no acceptable level of violence against women (you might differ in your opinion)

Like it or not , some violence is necessary.

I'm not saying that's the case here.

But saying its never acceptable to be violent towards a woman is ludicrous. Believe it or not , some women are bigger than men. Some women have been known to bash a weaker man.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Not at all. The girl substained an injury in the presence of three NRL players - not to be swept under the carpet for the good of rugby league.

see you are still assuming he did something wrong

she could be a crazy nutter who attacked him and sustained an injury when he was trying to defend himself for all you know

magpie4ever

First Grade

But saying its never acceptable to be violent towards a woman is ludicrous. Believe it or not , some women are bigger than men. Some women have been known to bash a weaker man.

That's true. So it should be violence against the weaker is not acceptable.

Are you able to give an example of when "some violence is necessary" in a social situation?

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
see you are still assuming he did something wrong

she could be a crazy nutter who attacked him and sustained an injury when he was trying to defend himself for all you know

I'm not.

The last sentence was my general opinion re: violence against women.

First Grade

Ask Bunniesman the women in Coogee/Coffs are so big and violent him and his mates have to hide under a bed to avoid being nashed by one of them.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Not at all. The girl sustained an injury in the presence of three NRL players - not to be swept under the carpet for the good of rugby league.

)

Why do you think it's been swept under the carpet?

I'm sure the police have spoken to the 3 players, hospital staff and the woman.

Maybe they already know what happened.

That's true. So it should be violence against the weaker is not acceptable.

Are you able to give an example of when "some violence is necessary" in a social situation?

No , and I never claimed to be able to either.

But plenty of men have been bashed by their wives/partners.

My point was simple. Sometimes a man might be bashed by a stronger woman , in that case violence is perfectly acceptable.

It's obviously much , much rarer than violence towards women. But it shouldn't be ignored or glossed over.

Saying 'violence is never acceptable towards a woman' is nothing more than a throw away line. It means nothing.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Why do you think it's been swept under the carpet?

I'm sure the police have spoken to the 3 players, hospital staff and the woman.

Maybe they already know what happened.

With the NRL integrity unit involved I'm sure it wont be. I applaud Smith's action.

magpie4ever

First Grade
No , and I never claimed to be able to either.

But plenty of men have been bashed by their wives/partners.

My point was simple. Sometimes a man might be bashed by a stronger woman , in that case violence is perfectly acceptable.

It's obviously much , much rarer than violence towards women. But it shouldn't be ignored or glossed over.

Saying 'violence is never acceptable towards a woman' is nothing more than a throw away line. It means nothing.

Not at all - not acceptable.

I will give you one, you guys can judge.

A number of years ago, I received a phone call from an ex-girlfriend (who I had stayed friends with, one of the rare ones) she had just been belted black and blue by her latest boyfriend. I went around and punched the living f**k out of him (had to be dragged off by some of their neighbours). Justified violence, in my mind - yes; I believe I was her self defence that she was not capable of. Others, might disagree.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tories-of-a-fateful-night-20130522-2k1dz.html

Conflicting stories of a fateful night

Date
May 23, 2013

Glenn Jackson, Marissa Calligeros and Donna Page

Police are called to Corey Norman's home in the early hours of Sunday morning, April 21. Three NRL footballers are said to have been locked out of the home by a woman who would later claim one of them, South Sydney's Ben Te'o, had struck her.

When police arrive, the woman leaves in a taxi, which takes her home. But not being able to pay for the taxi, she travels to a nearby police station. Officers there take her to a hospital, where she is treated. It is Fairfax Media's understanding that the officers ask her whether she is willing to make a complaint against Te'o, a Queensland State of Origin back-rower. She declines.

What happened prior to the phone call being made remains the subject of intense speculation, which varies significantly depending who is talking.

What appears not up for debate is Te'o had been with Norman at a Brisbane nightclub on the Saturday night. Darius Boyd was also there, having played for Australia against New Zealand on Friday night in Canberra. Te'o and Norman left to find a taxi, and were joined by Boyd and the woman, Katie Lewis. They left for Norman's home in Ashgrove.

Some time later, sources close to Te'o said that Lewis began hitting Norman with a high-heeled shoe. Norman and Te'o went into a room and shut the door. Lewis then began hitting the door, according to the source. Norman is then said to have opened the door in an attempt to convince her to stop, at which time Te'o's assertion is he was attacked with the shoe. Later, he had a photograph taken of a lump on his temple.

Souths officials are believed to have had him medically assessed following his return to Sydney. Photographs were also said to have been taken of the damage to the door. After the alleged incident which led to Lewis saying she had been struck repeatedly by Te'o, the Rabbitohs player left for his brother's house. Norman phoned him a short time later and said that Lewis was still present, and he could not convince her to leave. Sources have said she began loading possessions into a garbage bag.

Boyd's wife Kayla said she was aware of the Brisbane incident, but was unable to reveal any details. ''I am not worried about it and besides that I really have no comment,'' she said.