What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

elbusto

Coach
has teo denied hitting her?
As far as I am aware he has not admitted to anything.

Nothing would surprise me when you have a situation like this.

I just get very annoyed by arm chair critics who take the high moral ground without full knowledge of the facts.

I do not have them so I am not judging either of them till it becomes clear what actually happened.

And I aint holding my breath about that either!

kmav23

Juniors
As far as I am aware he has not admitted to anything.

Nothing would surprise me when you have a situation like this.

I just get very annoyed by arm chair critics who take the high moral ground without full knowledge of the facts.

I do not have them so I am not judging either of them till it becomes clear what actually happened.

And I aint holding my breath about that either!

your blinded by your support of a footballer/celebrity

if it was 3 average guys. let say of a ethnic race....the reactions/support would be different

Amadaca

Juniors
Real men don't beat up women.

I do genuinely appreciate the sentiment, & endorse that kind of lie wholeheartedly for the betterment of society, but the fact remains as lies go, it is an absolute whopper.

Some of the hardest f**kers ever born were rampant wife & woman beaters.

kmav23

Juniors
I do genuinely appreciate the sentiment, & endorse that kind of lie wholeheartedly for the betterment of society, but the fact remains as lies go, it is an absolute whopper.

Some of the hardest f**kers ever born were rampant wife & woman beaters.

you define a real man as physical strong .take pain.. etc many of these types in prison

i define a real man as someone who looks after their family, responsible, hard working, keeps their word and loyal.

Amadaca

Juniors
So as I was saying, since everything I said was promptly deleted about this, "lady," I said I'd sit back the next few weeks & let her do the talking for me on what trash she is.

& here we are. Magpie4Ever, you should be the first one in here extending your hand like a man & admitting I was right & you were wrong.

Amadaca

Juniors
you define a real man as physical strong .take pain.. etc many of these types in prison

i define a real man as someone who looks after their family, responsible, hard working, keeps their word and loyal.

Fair enough.

Don't know how you could say with a straight face guys like Ray Robinson, Jake LaMotta, Jack Dempsey & the like weren't real men, but apparently you can, so good luck to you.

kmav23

Juniors
So as I was saying, since everything I said was promptly deleted about this, "lady," I said I'd sit back the next few weeks & let her do the talking for me on what trash she is.

& here we are. Magpie4Ever, you should be the first one in here extending your hand like a man & admitting I was right & you were wrong.

so the victim with a black eye is trash ? :roll:

kmav23

Juniors
Fair enough.

Don't know how you could say with a straight face guys like Ray Robinson, Jake LaMotta, Jack Dempsey & the like weren't real men, but apparently you can, so good luck to you.

they are good at fighting...great skill when you are in prison.. lots of great fighters in there

does not make you are good man or person

Amadaca

Juniors
Give it a rest, mate. We all know her story. I knew what type of person she was the minute, the instant I saw her on TV. If you doubt that, see my initial posts on this thread.

This is why people judge a book by its cover --- yes, there are invariably exceptions & errors on doing that, but the fact is people have judged quickly since Day Dot & will continue to do so until the end of time because it yields astonishingly high levels of accuracy.

If it talks, walks, looks, acts & sounds like a duck...

Amadaca

Juniors
they are good at fighting...great skill when you are in prison.. lots of great fighters in there

does not make you are good man or person

With respect, you are moving the goalposts now & that isn't in the spirit of fair debate. Nobody said they were good men.

I am interested to hear, however, what you make of someone like Dempsey. In addition to at least Estelle Harris living in absolute terror of him, he was also a tremendously humble man who made an untold number of generous acts, including charity help & various endorsements for the needy.

Thoughts?

elbusto

Coach
your blinded by your support of a footballer/celebrity

if it was 3 average guys. let say of a ethnic race....the reactions/support would be different
As usual you are full of shit. You know no more about this than I do. But unlike me, you have pre-judged the situation without any facts.

I have no idea what happened as there are too many contrary stories.

You just want to feel good by taking the woman's side. Enjoy the smug sense of deluded self satisfaction.

BranVan3000

Coach
Of course there will be no apology from the "journalists" who gleefully dragged and innocent man's name through the mud. Oh and a special thanks to the home of rugby league once again

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/south-sydney-rabbitohs-star-ben-teo-is-cleared-of-wrongdoing-over-assault-allegations/story-e6frfkp9-1226681483423

South Sydney Rabbitohs star Ben Te'o is cleared of wrongdoing over assault allegations
Josh Massoud
July 18, 2013 4:19PM

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...ns/story-e6frfkp9-1226681483423#ixzz2ZNUY0lMc

RABBITOHS and Queensland Origin forward Ben Te’o has been formally cleared of any wrongdoing in relation to assault claims that were levelled against him in May.
Still celebrating Queensland’s eighth straight Origin win, Te’o received more good news on Thursday morning when police informed him that no charges would be laid over an alleged altercation with Brisbane woman Katie Lewis.
The NRL has also informed Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson that Te’o no longer has a case to answer.
Lewis rocked the rugby league world in May, when she claimed Te’o had struck her in the face after a night out in Brisbane.
Te’o and Souths vehemently maintained the player had acted appropriately at all times.
The NRL declined to stand Te’o down while the police investigation was pending and declared they would wait for detectives to determine whether charges should follow before taking action.
But none is now required.

I wonder If DUI will offer an apology to Ben and Souths after this appaling piece of journalism
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydneys-decision-to-cover-up-the-alleged-ben-teo-assault-is-a-black-eye-for-rugby-league/story-fni3fh9n-1226650177032

Richo should have reported the incident to the NRL earlier, but it was good that it wasn't publicised because there was nothing to publicise about. Will the girl now be charged with lying to police?

axl rose

Bench
Te'o should now sue a few journalists

I remember from many years ago a headline from the Murdoch reading ' Tigers Gang Rape' Tigers CEO at the time said he would explore legal options. They just never seem to get around to it ... Any sort of legal action News Ltd budget for anyway. Sell x amount through bullshit and pay a lot less via courts if anyone is game enough to take them on. Sick fuc*ers.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/south-sydney-rabbitohs-star-ben-teo-is-cleared-of-wrongdoing-over-assault-allegations/story-e6frfkp9-1226681483423

I wonder If DUI will offer an apology to Ben and Souths after this appaling piece of journalism
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydneys-decision-to-cover-up-the-alleged-ben-teo-assault-is-a-black-eye-for-rugby-league/story-fni3fh9n-1226650177032

Richo should have reported the incident to the NRL earlier, but it was good that it wasn't publicised because there was nothing to publicise about. Will the girl now be charged with lying to police?

I think they took the article down, so could anyone give me the gist, i didnt follow this story at all.

Latest posts