What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

magpie4ever

First Grade
Actually, no. People shouldn't be concerned with that at all, and neither should the media for that matter. This is a matter for the police to sort out. The fact that it gets so much coverage is ridiculous. Were people concerned about finding out how a random person got an injury during an alleged assualt by another random person in a random state/country a random amount of time ago? Or are they only concerned about this particular girl because the alleged assualt involved a football player?

I'll tell you what I'm concerned with: that the legal process is allowed to take place unhibited and that T'eo's legal rights are protected during the process. This is trial by media and public opinion, and its disgraceful. We shouldn't hear even hear about this sort of thing until the matter is sorted by the courts.

Not sure as to what you are saying; are you saying no suspected crimes be reported on before the court system hands down a judgment or that there should be no reporting on alleged criminal acts by football players, celebrities, notable persons etc?

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Personally I think the fact she had an outstanding warrant does not bode well for Teo. Gives a good reason why she didn't want to report it initially.

A lot assumed reporting it late meant it was made up but perhaps she was just covering herself instead and has now decided the fine is worth getting him charged
I would think it's the opposite. Her integrity now has to be questioned as she has previously failed to show up to a court hearing. She has been charged with drink driving TWO TIMES PREVIOUSLY (Three times in total now) and caught while driving with a suspended license.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...teo-assault-investigation-20130529-2naus.html

Eion

First Grade
I'm gunna have to check this birds picture again. Her rap sheet reads like DUI bec.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-cooperating-with-queensland-police/tabid/10874/newsid/72612/default.aspx

NRL cooperating with Queensland police

NRL.com

Thu 30th May, 3:06pm

The National Rugby League is cooperating with a Queensland Police request to suspend its investigation into allegations made against Ben Te’o, pending further police inquiries.

Queensland Police interviewed Ben Te’o this morning and are believed to be planning further interviews.

“The NRL’s primary concern has been to ensure that this matter is fully and independently investigated,” NRL Chief Operating Officer, Mr Jim Doyle, said today.

“Given that the police are assuming that responsibility it is important that we step back for the moment and let them undertake that role.

“We will of course cooperate with their investigation.

“It would be inappropriate however for us to attempt to draw any conclusion while their investigations are ongoing.

“The Integrity Unit has conducted a number of interviews to date and remains committed to drawing the appropriate conclusion but it is equally important that we first allow the police to carry out their inquiries.

“It is also important to note that no charges have been laid against any player.”

themacemaceman

Juniors
Your "friends" are "lawyers" and you are a checkout operator at Woolies catching shoplifters, do you ever feel like an underachiever?

No I never said I have friends who are lawyers, go back and check the thread bro .
And yes I do work at a supermarket and I deal with theft on a daily basis and do attend court from time to time.
I'm the first to say I'm no legal expert.
I only asked a few questions and gave a couple of opinions based on personal experience.
Do you ever feel like a knob cause you come accross as a $#*+wit on a forum?

retch

Juniors
She had to get Detective Google to supply the players names.

> Reference for mods > Channel 9 News.

Patorick

Staff member
Text messages.

Weidler's jumper.

He's just doing the same story each night with somewhat of a daily update with info that we already know.

Typical Weidler.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Not sure as to what you are saying; are you saying no suspected crimes be reported on before the court system hands down a judgment or that there should be no reporting on alleged criminal acts by football players, celebrities, notable persons etc?
Names shouldn't be released until charges are laid, regardless of who it is.

El Diablo

Post Whore
7 news reporting some story about how she has told conflicting stories to people about how she got the black eye

told one guy it happened in Fortitude valley

told a friend of hers she she didn't know how and wanted to make money out of it

they showed some text messages

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
7 news reporting some story about how she has told conflicting stories to people about how she got the black eye

told one guy it happened in Fortitude valley

told a friend of hers she she didn't know how and wanted to make money out of it

they showed some text messages

Is this Jim Wilson's reporting?

El Diablo

Post Whore
no it was a female reporter

they also had some video of her the day after

7 usually put stuff online at some stage

Brutus

Referee
But but but that will ruin Danny Werdlerbeger's agenda...

He's got another week's worth of pro-Katie Lewis stories lined up.

Last edited:

Latest posts