What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

Maximus

Coach
Could anyone tell me why the aussie media who pay so much for Rugby League like to cut it down and kill the f**king life out of it.

So what you are saying is that they should have swept it under the rug?

It is hilarious how many of you guys are sooking about ch 9 and the telecrap not sweeping it under the rug, yet are quick to bag the afl or victorian journalists when they sweep an indiscretion of an afl player under the rug. Pathetic.

So what you are saying is that they should have swept it under the rug?

It is hilarious how many of you guys are sooking about ch 9 and the telecrap not sweeping it under the rug, yet are quick to bag the afl or victorian journalists when they sweep an indiscretion of an afl player under the rug. Pathetic.

no one is saying that. When, if, charges against players involved are announced it will rightly be big news. What some object to is the over blown tabloid style sensationalism of he coverage.

Noname36

First Grade
Something that really stands out to me in that video: She's showing absolutely no emotion about the incident at all. I understand that some victims remove themselves emotionally from the situation but the ways she's talking about it so candidly seems strange to me. You'd expect at least a little reservation/emotion.

Mr Saab

Referee
We recall the last time had an exclusive re the ASADA issue....it was a south sydney reggies player.
Channel 9 - the home of BS

Liddell

Juniors
They won't even mention names.

It'll just be ''3 players from a leading sydney club'' or ''3 of leagues biggest names''

undertaker

Coach
We recall the last time had an exclusive re the ASADA issue....it was a south sydney reggies player.

As much as I love to have a good, hearty LOL$5(c)uff$, I did feel sorry for that player. Not because of what he did, but because he was clearly a scapegoat of the situation. But, that's what these organisations will do to prove a point, even if it means nailing a Nigel Nobody whilst the media refers to them as a 'star'.

Which btw wasn't that all just a joke?

The story will be on the news too where it'll get a few minutes of coverage. I'm more interested in seeing whether they actually say what happened rather than who did it. The implication is there in the ad but will it be "player X was involved in an altercation" which implies but could mean a range of things instead of "player X did this, this and that"

The issue is serious and should not be taken lightly but this does smack of channel 9 hunting for viewers rather than breaking news for good reason.

ggmu

Juniors
Lol seen this page this morning had like 16 pages smoko at work go to read the posts and there are 4 pages lol wat happened?

Mr Saab

Referee
Yes the player said it was all just a joke...albeit a stupid joke to play.

As for this incident, if they are guilty then ban them for 12 months, but i will wait and see at 601pm tonight.